Where were you before

You’re calling out to me (are you my destiny)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey Taehyung, can I talk with you about something?" Hoseok hyung asked as he plopped down on the chair beside me. I looked up from the steak I was having to look at him fidgeting nervously. That's odd.

 

"Sure. What's up? " I said while chewing a mouthful of beef steak. Hoseok took a deep breath as he always does before talking about anything important to gather his words together. I straightened up on my chair.

 

"I've heard that you may have found your mate. " I choked on my meat as soon​ he started talking. I knew what he was gonna talk about. And I didn't wanna start thinking about this, just not yet.

 

"What exactly is a Goblin's mate, Taehyung? What happens when you find yours?" Hoseok said with concern in his voice.

I

I bowed my head down as I didn't how he might feel hearing my answer. I felt as if I say those words aloud, it will make these words come true. And I am not sure if I am prepared for it, yet.

 

"Taehyung, you are scaring me buddy. I feel as if my dad's assumptions were true." His voice were breaking at the middle of his sentences. I forced a smile on my lips and raised my head to look at him. 

 

"A Goblin's mate is the only person who can free the Goblin from his punishment of living an eternity. " I said with a small smile on my lips. 

 

"And how does that works exactly? Do you start living as a human or -" Hoesok stopped midway to his sentence.

 

"Do I turn into ashes? I don't know yet Hobi hyung, I just know that I will stop living my life as a Goblin. And if it's my second life on earth, the highest possiblity is to turn into a human. But if it's my last one..." I stopped to look at Hobi hyung who seemed really pale as if all the blood were drained from his face.

 

"Does Jungkook know about this?" Hoseok lookes at me wearing a sad smile on his face. I shook my head in denial and looked out the window.

 

"Parts of it but not the whole story since Jungkook doesn't know anyother Goblin besides me." Hoseok leaned back on his chair and let out a sigh.

 

"You know Taehyung, so far I've played the role of your nephew and cousin. I thought someday you'd have to start calling me Appa." Hoseok started chuckling even at a situation like this. 

 

"I hope we can stay brothers and grow old together when you become a mortal. It'd so much fun to see you getting old finally. " I chuckled back at his words.

 

And that's what I liked about Jung Hoseok the most; the positivity he wears like a crown on his head. No matter the situation, he will always find the bright side of it.

 

"If I don't , you know what-"


"Yes, I know the drill." Hoseok's smile slowly started disappearing again. I patted his shoulder in an attempt to lighten up the mood even if it's by a little.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter