Stepping into the Garden (Part 2 of 2)

Le Jardin des Roses (The Garden of Roses)

 

Chapter 1

Stepping into the Garden (Part 2 of 2)

 

“Baechu!~”

 

“Yah. You’ve been daydreaming more often than usual. I mean, I’m used to it, but it’s like you’ve been out of yourself since yesterday. Is everything okay?”, Yongsun spoke with concern.

 

“Yeah. Don’t worry about me.”, I said to make Yongsun relaxed.

 

“So, where do you wanna eat later? I think Seohyun and Chorong won’t be able to eat with us since they’ll be at the Rose Mansion.”, Yongsun asked.

 

“Can we eat outside? I think the fresh air would really do me good.”

 

 

 

After the bell rang, I asked Yongsun to just wait for me by our spot—one the picnic benches under the big cherry blossom tree behind our building. I just need to return some of my books in my locker so it wouldn’t be a hassle to carry all of them later.

 

I’d blame myself for being inside my head once again, but the person I just bumped into wasn’t really paying attention as well or else we wouldn’t have bumped our heads.

 

“Ow…”, I let out while rubbing my head.

 

“Man, that hurt.”, I heard the girl holding her nose. It looked like her nose took the bump from my forehead.

 

“I’m sorry Miss. I wasn’t looking. I--”, she stopped talking when I stared back at her.

 

It was that Kang Seulgi. Of all of the students that can bump into me it just had to be this troublemaker. It’s not that I’ve already judged her, but based on the gossip I’ve heard this morning that she was hard-headed but very easy-going. She’s popular because she’s good in sports, dancing and singing too. But what irked me was the rumor that she was a ‘heart-breaker’ or a ‘playgirl’. From what I’ve heard, at such a young age, she already had a handful of girlfriends and one of them rumored to be Jung Soojung.

 

I can’t believe kids these days don’t even bother to hide their relationships anymore. I’m pretty open-minded when it comes to all types of relationships, but given the conservative values of our school, they should’ve been more careful. Anyway, why am I even bothered by all of these? I shouldn’t even be listening to those gossips; coming from the same experience of being judged back then. I should give her the benefit of the doubt.

 

“Wow.”, I saw her muttering from .

 

“I-I’m sorry again Miss--”

 

“Irene.”, I spoke before I kneeled properly to get my fallen books and papers.

 

“Irene-ssi.”, I looked up to her only to see her already kneeling in front of me as well. With her face this close, I can almost feel the breath coming from her lips.

 

I heard her cough before she proceeded to help me pick up my books.

“Let me help you to your locker or to wherever you’re going Burgundy Rose.”

 

I was stopped in my tracks when I heard what she said.

“Excuse me?”

 

“What?”

 

“W-what did you call me?”

 

“Irene-ssi?”

 

“No. Uh, nevermind. There’s my locker.”, I led her in front of my locker only looking back for her to hand me the rest of my things.

 

“Here you go Burgundy Rose~”

 

“Yah.”

 

“What?”, she was smirking this time.

 

“Don’t- don’t call me that. People might get the wrong idea.”, I whispered to her, but somehow I felt her shiver when I placed my right hand over her shoulder to support myself.

 

“Aren’t you a Rose though? An en bouton? Or an en bouton petite?” She whispered back.

 

I just nodded my head sideways ignoring the shivers she gave me.

 

“But I saw you there with the Rose Council during our Rosary Ceremony yesterday.”, she scratched her head in confusion.

 

“I just help them when they ask.”, I said quietly. Why am I even explaining myself to her? When I finally snapped out of it, I looked back inside my locker trying to think of something I can say to her before I closed it and faced her again.

 

“My friend is waiting for me outside. Thanks for your help.”, I gave her a bow, but before I even took a step away she held my hand and pulled me back in front of her.

 

“My name is Seulgi. Kang Seulgi.”

 

“O-okay? Nice to meet you Seulgi. I-is that all?”

 

She nodded her head sideways with my cold response. “I meant what I said. You deserve to be a rose. Burgundy to be exact—I think it perfectly suits you.”

 

“What are you saying..”, I muttered under my breath.

 

“You know, even before I stepped inside this school I’ve heard that it’s been years since the Burgundy Rose has been assigned. No one bothers enough to nominate someone who will fit the category, and if they do. They’d just be a laughing stock for being too vain.”

 

“For me, honestly you’re perfect for that position. Ever since I saw and observed you.  And I doubt anyone would disagree with me on that.”

 

 Just when I thought she was done talking, she continued, “You’re quite popular around here Bae Irene. And I’m really glad that you’re not even aware of that.. and how beautiful you are.”

 

 

 

Kang Seulgi. What are you doing to me?

 

 

 

From my peripheral vision I think I saw Taeyeon-unnie about to approach us when we both heard,

 

“Kang Seulgi!!”

 

“Hey guys.”, she greeted her two friends before moving away from me.

 

Gosh, why did I feel disappointed?

 

I didn’t notice Amber was one of them.

 

“Oh. Irene-unnie, hey.”, Amber scratched the back of head while greeting me. I think she was embarrassed with how they shouted her name a while ago. I almost wanted to roll my eyes thinking how similar she was to her grand soeur Yuri-unnie.

 

“You know our Seulgom, unnie?”, Amber asked.

 

“We just happened to bump into each other before she helped me with my stuff. Aren’t you supposed to be in the Mansion though?”, I spoke.

 

“Uh, yeah. I’ll be there in a few. I just wanted to catch up with my friends.”, Amber gave me a grin which I returned by ruffling her hair. Amber is just an easy-going dongsaeng so it wasn’t hard to be comfortable around her. She might be ‘kkab’ and ‘choding’-like just like the other unnies like Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona, but she doesn’t give this “I’m-a-Rose” / prideful aura. I can say she’s the most approachable member of the council.

 

“Are you coming with me Unnie? Since you already helped us earlier this morning.”, Amber asked.

 

“No, Yongsun and I will be having lunch together. Come to think of it she’s been waiting for me long enough.”, I said lightly. Yongsun’s gonna kill me for making her wait. I should buy her a drink before I go there.

 

“Okay unnie. Later.”, Amber greeted.

 

“Bye unnie. Say ‘hi’ to Yongsun-unnie for me okay.”, Moonbyul, the girl with Amber spoke with a grin and a bow which I returned as well.

 

“Noted Byulyi. Bye guys.” I nodded to them, before I gave one last look to Seulgi. I’ve been trying so hard not to look at her throughout the time Amber and Moonbyul interrupted.

 

 

“See you around Irene-ssi.”

 

I looked back only to see her winking at me.

 

 

 

 

 

“Seriously!! Oh my God!”

 

“Yah, stop laughing. It isn’t funny Sun.”, I gave Yongsun a slight shove.

 

Knowing this friend she wouldn’t forgive me easily for making her wait for almost 10 minutes outside. It was my idea after all. So I knew I had to spill the beans on what happened to make her forgive me.

 

 

“My, my. So the rumors about this Kang Seulgi were true all along. I can’t believe she flirted with you! And with what you’ve told, I can say she’s pretty good with her words. Really smooth that kid!”

 

 I tried to stop my face from heating up but I couldn’t so I just ended up burying my face on my hands.

 

“Oh my God! Don’t tell me you freaking fell for it Bae Juhyun!”, Solar grabbed both of my hands away from my face and made me look at her.

 

“I liked it Yongsun.”, I gave her a pout as I felt my face heating up with my own confession. I felt her grabbing my cheeks to face her, but my mind was drifting back to that scenario.

 

“I never felt my heart beat that fast before. And I felt my knees becoming weak with her smile. Like I can melt anytime under her gaze.”

 

 

“OH MY GOD. THIS IS EPIC. Our Baechu being like a love-sick puppy.”, Yongsun shook my head with her hands.

 

“I can’t wait to tell Chorong and Seohyun about this!!”

 

“Noo!!”

 

“Why??”

 

“It’s- because it’s embarrassing.”

 

“Aigoo~ Our little Baechu is indeed growing up~”, Yongsun squeezed my cheeks again which made me let out a puff of air through my nose.

 

“Don’t worry. This is just a crush my friend. We still have to see where it goes. Plus, that Kang Seulgi really does sound like trouble. I just-”

 

“What?”

 

“I didn’t peg you to like those types of people; the rebel and troublemaker kind of type.”

 

“Well what did you see me as?”, I asked while I rested my chin on both of my hands.

 

Yongsun, placed one hand under her chin before she proceeded, “Like, the quiet and shy type. Kinda like Taeyeon-unnie.”

 

I felt myself blushing again when I heard her name mentioned.

 

“Can I be honest with you Hyunnie?”

 

I nodded for her to continue.

 

“I always thought you had a crush on Taeyeon-unnie. Because of how you would always look for her and how you give each other these weird stares. But as I further observed your relationship is just deeply rooted like family—like sisters. She takes care of you like how Yoona-unnie would take care of Seohyun. And because you’re both soft-spoken and quiet most of the time, you guys really intrigue people with your relationship unlike Tiffany and Taeyeon-unnies’ obvious closeness and friendship.”

 

“What do you mean?”, I felt a pang on my chest when she mentioned Taeny’s relationship. Yes. They have their own nickname. Students here like to pair students with each other even if these pairs are just best of friends.

 

“Sorry, it’s kinda hard to explain. But even speaking as an outside observer you feel it you know. The gaze given by someone to someone specific-- may it be anger, love, understanding, want or something else.”

 

I was about to open my mouth to ask her further when Yongsun spoke again while she patted my head.

 

"Don't think too much about it. Okay Baechu? Everything will come naturally so let's just try to make the most out of what we have here in school. I heard the Senior High curriculum is a pain in the-"

 

"Yah, watch your mouth Yongsun. People might here you.", I spoke interrupting her while covering .

 

"You know, you and Seohyun aren't just the same in names but also your personalities. Gosh, you guys are such grandmas. It's a good thing Chorong and I are here to balance you guys out."

 

"Whatever Yongsun. Where do you learn all these things anyway?"

 

"What, cursing?"

 

"Not that Miss Sunshine. You and your 'love advice'. Have you perhaps been in love already?"

 

"Not really. I don't think I have anyone in my mind right now. But I definitely haven't been in love. I want to though." I heard Yongsun sighing.

 

I couldn't help but laugh out loud. "You haven't been in love yet you still gave me a lot of advice about it."

 

"FYI Baechu, I read a lot of books and magazines that has love advices and relationship tips. Aishh! You know one of these days I'll have you read my Mom's collection of Cosmo Mags as well."

 

"Yah Kim Yongsun. We shouldn't be reading those types of things yet."

 

"What's the difference between reading it now and reading it when we're adults? That's why grown-ups think of us kids as naive and stupid because we don't know any better."

 

"Hmm. You may have a point there."

 

"I know, I'm brilliant." Yongsun said with a smirk.

 

 

"Btw, Amber's friend told me to say 'Hi' to you."

 

"Who?"

 

"Moonbyul.", I said teasingly. I saw her blushing.

 

"O-oh. That dweeb?"

 

"Yes~ that dweeb who obviously has a crush on you~"

 

"Whatever Yongsun. We all know you like her." She almost spit her drink.

 

"I don't you cabbage! She's just another flirty junior."

 

"What about you and Seulgi huh?”

 

“I-“

“Yeah, cat-caught-your-tongue Baechu??"

 

 

"Augh, I hate you Yongsun."

 

"I hate you too Baechu."

 

We both smiled at each other because we know how we loved each other like sisters.

 

 

 

[FLASHBACK in Italics]

 

You can feel the excitement on Yongsun and Chorong’s faces after Yoona-unnie invited us to help them during lunch break. As of the moment, Seohyun and I are both being pulled by none other than those two ecstatic kids.

 

“Woah. This is the Rose Mansion?”, I asked in awe.

 

“Trust me. What’s inside is even better than what you’re seeing right now.”

 

“Pssh.. You sound like you’ve already been inside-”, Yongsun teased before Yoona-unnie came into view along with the other Rose en boutons.

 

“Hey guys! Glad you can make it.”

 

“We said we’d be here Yoong.”, Seohyun said.

 

“I know. I trust your word Hyun~”, Yoona unnie said while pinching Seohyun’s cheeks.

 

“Ehem.”, the tallest of Yoona-unnies friends interrupted.

 

“Oh, sorry. Hyun and Hyunnie’s friends, meet Choi Sooyoung and Kwon Yuri.”, Yoona-unnie spoke but not after getting two hits on her head.

 

“YAH!”

 

“Introduce us properly HIM YOONA.”, the tanned one spoke.

 

Yoona-unnie could only release a breath before continuing monotonously.

 

“Seohyun, Yongsun, Chorong and Irene. Donsaengs, I’d like you to meet the great Choi Sooyoung of class 8D the unbeatable Shikshin of Rose Academy, also the Cream Rose en bouton petite seour. And this tanned unnie is the Black Pearl which goes by the name of Kwon Yuri of class 8B, also the Green Rose en bouton. ”

 

The two unnies ended up giving her another smack at the back of head. Poor Yoona-unnie. Are they always like this though? They’re really scary unnies. My thoughts got interrupted again when I heard my friends laughing at their interactions.

 

“Nice to meet you guys. But don’t be afraid. We’re only like this to stubborn dongsengs just like her.”, Yuri-unnie joked. Somehow, I felt a bit relieved. After all, they we’re just playing around.

 

 

“So should we go inside already. I’m quite hungry. Did you guys bring any food?”, Sooyoung-unnie followed, not after we saw Yoona and Yuri-unnie each giving her a smack at the back of her head this time as we entered inside.

 

 

 

“So you guys, can place your stuff inside this cabinet before we start to clean. Don’t worry; we’ll just do some general cleaning; just mopping the floors and wiping the surfaces and the windows.”, Sooyoung-unnie instructed.

 

“Uhm, unnies. Actually, we bought food if you guys really are hungry. Yoona-unnie mentioned that you guys haven’t eaten much during the break so you guys can eat first while we start with the cleaning.”, Seohyun suggested when we were about to set our bags aside.

 

“What’s your name again? Oh, yeah! Seohyun right! I like you! From now on, your my favorite dongsaeng!”, Sooyoung-unnie said while placing her arm around Seohyun’s shoulders. So food is her weakness huh?

 

“Yah! Get your own dongsaeng Choi!”, Yoona-unnie defensively said while pulling Seohyun towards her and away from Sooyoung-unnie.

 

“Geez, possessive-much Im Yoona.”, Yuri-unnie teased, but not before pulling Seohyun towards her to tease back. Chorong, Yongsun and I started to giggle with how they’re teasing around again, especially with how Seohyun is too dense to see how Yoona-unnie is already fuming aside.

 

Yuri-unnie placed her arm around Seohyun this time. Poking her tongue out at the other two unnies before continuing, “Yah. The sooner you guys stop playing around the faster we’ll finish this, and the sooner we get to eat as well. Yoona, Seohyun, and Irene, you guys clean upstairs since there’s not much to clean there. The rest of us we’ll take care of this floor. Are we all clear?”

 

“Neh-unnie!”, my friends and I spoke. While we saw Yoona-unnie and Sooyoung-unnie giving Yuri-unnie a choke-hold and a smack at the back of her head once again.

 

I just laughed at how playful these unnies are.

 

 

 

Seohyun, Yoona-unnie and I were able to finish everything in just about 15 minutes. We thought to just prepare out snacks here upstairs since we already finished cleaning the meeting room. And since this is the room with the biggest table, Yoona-unnie suggested that it would be fine to just have our break here. It wasn’t until we were about to call them downstairs did we hear a soft commotion.

 

 

“Yah, what’s with these freshmen cleaning the Mansion?”, a tall lean girl with short blonde hair spoke. She was wearing a colorful bandana as a headband.

 

 Yuri-unnie quickly stepped in front of Chorong and Yongsun who looked really panicked with how all of the Roses present in our morning ceremony were now standing in front of them.

 

“Hi Unnies. We apologize for not telling you guys earlier. But we wanted to clean the Mansion so it’ll clean and presentable before you guys came and before we have our meeting tomorrow .”, Yuri-unnie explained calmly before she bowed her head.

 

Sooyoung-unnie also went in front of them, bowing first before adding, “We figured we won’t be able to finish on time so we asked help from Yoona’s dongsaengs. Again, we apologize for not telling you guys about this first.”

 

Wow, this side of them completely opposes what we saw earlier.

 

Yoona-unnie walked beside Sooyoung-unnie and Yuri-unnie as well but not before holding Seohyun’s hand to pull her along. This in turn made me follow behind Seohyun as to not feel left out. That’s when I noticed Taeyeon-unnie behind her grand seour Boa-unnie and the rest of the en boutons.

 

“Unnies, this is my dearest dongsaeng Seohyun, Seo Juhyun. We’ve known each other since we could barely talk. And these are her friends and fellow freshmen, Park Chorong, Kim Yongsun and Bae Irene.”, Yoona-unnie finished which made us all bow in front of them.

 

 

Just when we were about to raise our heads, we saw all of them giggling and laughing.

 

“Yah, Kwon Yuri, Choi Sooyoung, and Im Yoona! What happened to our Shikshins and Chodings, huh??”, Green Rose Lee Hyori spoke while trying her hardest to refrain her laugh.

 

“I was just kidding you guys. I can’t believe you fell for it.”, the short hair blonde-unnie said through her laughter also while trying to remove the tears which formed in her eyes.

 

“Oh my god. I can’t believe they fell for your acting Stephanie!”, a lean and tall unnie with short and curly black hair added while patting her back.

 

 

“Now, now, before everyone gets comfortable here. Let’s just go upstairs okay? We bought you guys some food because we know how hungry you guys can get.”, a very pretty unnie with big eyes said.

 

“If you guys thought you we’re being secretive with what you’re doing, then you’ve thought wrong.”, another pretty unnie with big eyes spoke as she patted Yoona-unnie’s head which made her pout.

 

As we followed them upstairs I saw a cold-looking unnie approach Yuri-unnie and scolding her for not telling them about their plan when they could’ve helped them instead.

 

Right when I was about to follow them I noticed the two shortest Roses lagging behind and looking at me.

 

“G-go ahead unnies.”, I politely said to them while giving a small bow.

 

“Hey, we invited you right? Come on.”, Boa-unnie said while I felt her hand on my back. I gave her a smile then looked behind to see Taeyeon-unnie smiling as well.

 

 

 

After everyone finished preparing the food, settled and sat in their seats Hyori-unnie spoke to thank us for our efforts.

 

“Everyone, can I get your attention? Guys, especially these dongsaengs who made an effort to clean our Mansion, on behalf of my fellow Roses, I would just like to say that we greatly appreciate your help. It’s very nice and calming to see very promising freshmen such as you guys. If you fellow Roses and en boutons don’t mind, we can introduce ourselves to these young ladies?”

 

Everyone nodded their head in agreement.

 

“You guys wanna go according to family so they can easily absorb our introductions?”, Hyori-unnie suggested lightly.

 

Well, I agree with her on that one because with the number of Roses we have in school, for a freshman like me it can be easily confusing; especially when they still have their en boutons and en bouton petites.

 

“My name is Lee Hyori of class 12C, current Green Rose and I’m currently assigned as the Main Head Rose of the Rose Council. I can say that Rose Academy is a place where most of us grew up, so I can only hope that you guys enjoy and make the most of your stay here. As I did.”

 

I bet we all felt what she said. I wanted to clap but I refrained myself from doing so. I just ended up giving her a small smile and a bow before Yuri-unnie continued.

 

“Hi! As you guys learned a while ago, I’m the Kwon Yuri the great Black Pearl of class 8B. I’m the great Green Rose Hyori-unnie’s petite seour.”, Yuri-unnie paused to give Hyori-unnie a smile. Hyori-unnie returned the same smile to her petite seour before she nodded towards Yuri-unnie to continue. Yuri-unnie did a small bow before letting out a breath, “To be honest, I’m quite sad that it took Hyori-unnie this long before she found her own seour. Anyone would be lucky to have Hyori-unnie to have as their grande seour. Perhaps if she did, she would’ve had enough time to be with them. But opposing as it may sound, I glad I was the one she pick out of all these females. Even if we will only spend two years together as seours, it will be more than enough for me. Heck, a day with her is more than enough. I know I haven’t said this out loud, but I’d like to thank you Hyori-unnie for taking me in under your wing.”

 

We all turned our gaze towards the two tanned seours. Hyori-unnie couldn’t help but wipe the tears forming in her eyes before standing to hug Yuri-unnie. I turned to everyone and saw them returning the same gesture, especially the other Roses who were also wiping their tears.

 

“Yah! When did you get this sappy Kwon Yyul!”, Sooyoung-unnie voiced out, only to get a smack from the unnie seated on her right.

 

“Since my dongsaeng already ruined the moment, I think it’s best that our family took our turn now.”

The tall and lean, short- curly haired Rose spoke. “Greetings my freshman dongsaengs. My name is Yoo Sooyoung, but I go by the nickname Shoo. I belong to class 12A, and I represent the Cream Rose family. I’m also one of the three head roses of the council. As my fellow Rose mentioned, I am really hoping as well that you guys would be able to make the most of your stay in our academy. Currently, our family is already complete with my two lovely dongsaengs Gyuri and my namesake Sooyoung the Shikshin.”

 

Everyone laughed at her introduction before she looked and smiled at the girl on the left side of Sooyoung-unnie.

 

“Hi dongsaengs. I’m Park Gyuri of class 10A. I’m the Cream Rose en bouton of Shoo-unnie. On behalf of my unnies and my dongsaengs, I thank you guys once again for your efforts in helping us. Oh, and I apologize for my dongsaeng’s behavior.” She ended with a smile and a bow before patting Sooyoung-unnie’s head who already had her arms crossed because of her unnie’s teasings.

 

“Choi Sooyoung of class 8D, the Cream Rose en bouton petite.”, Sooyoung-unnie spoke tonelessly before sitting back down.

 

“Yah. Choi Sooyoung. That’s it?”, Shoo-unnie teased.

 

“Yeah, don’t you wanna mention your three stomachs?”, Yuri-unnie teased making us all laugh.

 

“How about your talents Sooyoungie? Or hobbies? Care to share it with our freshies (freshman) over here.”, Hyori-unnie added.

 

“More like her eating. That’s already a hobby and a talent all in one.”, Yoona-unnie added to Yuri-unnie’s teasing.

 

 

Both of them (Yuri and Yoona) earned a smack at the back of their head from their Roses.

 

 

Everyone continued to introduce themselves. As every Rose family spoke, the mood only got lighter. Not until the Red Rose family began to speak.

 

“My name is Kwon Boa of class 11A. Since my grand seour and Lee Minjung-unnie already graduated last year, I came to replace her position as the Red Rose.”

 

I noticed everyone was listening intently to what she was saying. I felt that even though she wasn’t really part of the Seniors like Hyori, Eugene, Stephanie, Hyesun, Shoo, and Juhyun-unnie, she emanated this strong aura of leadership.

 

“Honestly speaking, I had a hard time of choosing my seour. I really thought it would be easy. Everyone was so nice accommodating but I realize that being seours is something that comes naturally. You feel it and you yearn for it. There were so many nights where I would just cry myself to sleep questioning what was wrong with myself and why I couldn’t see someone as my petite seour. Was it because I grew up without a- a sister?”

 

Boa-unnie already had tears by then, making everyone as well. I noticed Taeyeon-unnie across the table looking out the window. I returned my stare back to Boa-unnie and noticed she was also looking at Taeyeon-unnie.

 

“I questioned my grand seour what was wrong with me? And if she ever regretted taking me in because I was such a hard-headed girl. She told me that the moment she saw me inside one of the Music Rooms, she instantly knew that I was the one she wanted to take as her petite seour.”

 

Boa-unnie paused to look at Taeyeon-unnie once again. This time, she was already returning her gaze.

 

“Exactly two years ago on this very same day, I met Kim Taeyeon. Our yearly first-day-of-class meeting just finished at this Mansion, when I suddenly remembered that I left something inside the Music Room. There I saw her. It must have been what Minjung-unnie experienced when she saw me sing alone.”

 

She paused again this time to touch Taeyeon-unnie’s cheeks to wipe one of her tears from falling.

 

“Like what my unnie said. You’ll feel it-- that deep yearning to care and look out for someone. It’s what I felt at that moment. Our sisterhood was always easy, especially when we’re both hard-headed. But I know that the strongest bonds weren’t built with ease. But they were built through time and lots of sacrifices. Just like love and friendship.”

 

We all ended up clapping because the moment was just perfect. I didn’t even bother wiping my eyes though the tears continue to fall.

 

 “Gosh, you guys truly define your family legacy (ref. Red Rose stands for love). Taeyeonnie are you decent now?”, Hyori-unnie asked so we could finish the introductions.

 

“H-hi. My name is Kim Taeyeon. I belong to class 9A, and I’m Boa-unnie’s Rose en bouton. To be honest, while everyone was doing their introductions I was trying to think of what to say. But when I heard my unnie speak and how she spoke with the words from her heart I realized that ‘Between people who truly care and love each other, there are times where you don’t really need to say anything at all. Those emotions that are hard to express with words. Things like “I love you” and “Thank you”,  you don’t really need to say those words’. Sorry, I hope you guys understood what I was trying to say.”

 

“No Taenggu, that’s more than enough.”, Boa-unnie spoke when she noticed Taeyeon-unnie’s nervousness.

Taeyeon-unnie gave her a nod before she let out a sigh, “Unnie, did  you know that I once met with Minjung-unnie? She asked to meet me even before we became seours. She scolded me for not accepting your rosary and asked what the heck was wrong with me. I told her that I was scared I wouldn’t be able to give you the same love you got from Minjung-unnie. I got surprised when she smacked me hard on my head. She made me understand that I will never be able to replace her in your heart.”

 

This time it was Taeyeon-unnie’s turn to cry. Boa-unnie held her hand to continue, but we can see how she was trying to calm herself with what she heard.

 

“She told me that I was an idiot to think that I can even try to replace her. But after she calmed down, she told me that since you already have an older sister what you need was a younger sister. I understood now that I won’t be able to give you that kind of support you get from your older sister, but I can be the best younger sister for you. She told me that I was stupid to not see that you already made a space for me in your heart.”

 

“Thanks unnie. I know I’ve never said this to you. But I just wanna let you know that. I love you and I’m grateful for having you in my life.”

 

Another round of claps made its way through every one of us.

 

“And to you guys again, Seohyun, Yongsun, Chorong, and Irene. Each and every one of these faces you see are the faces of the people making my stay in this school worth-while. The academics and school activities are just a bonus since we can easily get these things from other and even more prestigious schools. But the bonds that we built inside of these walls are the most of my stay here so far.”, Hyori-unnie wrapped up.

 

 

[END of FLASHBACK]