1.3

The Panda and The Dragon

I held onto Seungri's cold hand as the paramedics pushed his stretcher outside of the vehicle, and immediately into the building. "We have a celebrity who passed out from performing on stage tonight, we are still unsure about the incident." One of the girls said through a speaker that she held up to her face. I felt angry, I felt as if this were my fault. Why didn't I do something when I first noticed Seungri staring at me abnormally and not moving as much as he usually would? Walking beside the stretcher, I just placed my hand onto the side of his face softly, like I used to whenever we were at our concerts. I could remember the last tour, vividly, actually. We were performing, when suddenly, I stared intensely at Seungri, who just stared back, making his shy eyes that always put me under a spell, but I always was the one to be dominate.

Singing, we collided together somehow even though we were at a distance from across the stage. Face to face, nose to nose almost, we put our hands on each other's faces, and the fans screamed as we saw all of the signs of Nyongtory flashing in bright lights. As much as I wanted to confess at that moment, I couldn't, and we usually did that all the time at our concerts, so I held it off. And tonight, tonight was actually going to be the night were I spoke up, but now, my RiRi is lying on a stretcher, ready to be propped up onto a hospital bed to be checked examined. He's out-cold, and no one knew why yet. I couldn't hear the commands of nurses or the whines of patients, I was dead glaring at Seungri, feeling as if my feet weren't even moving to walk alongside him, but they were. Finally, looking up I realized we were in a room. "Mr. Kwon?" One of the paramedics spoke up, and I adverted my attention towards them, but I didn't let my eyes wander away from Seungri. "What is his name?" She asked, taking out a clipboard. "Lee Seunghyun." I replied, tightening my grip on Seungri's hand.

A nurse walked in with supplies on a cart, and went beside Seungri. I watched carefully, making sure they didn't do a single thing that could hurt him. His face was still bright from where the hospital's light shined down onto his contour, making him look more vulnerable. The nurse got in front of me, and I pursed my lips angrily, not being able to see Seungri. "Excuse me, but I want him in my perspective of view, please." I tried to say in the most polite way, even though my nerves were boiling. The woman gave me a distinguished look, and then looked at the paramedic with the clipboard, who just nodded at her. Abruptly, she moved, as if she weren't going to listen to me if the paramedic weren't here. I clenched my fists, putting them in my pockets as a certain fire burned in my chest as I just tried to relieve it by looking at Seungri, but it caused more pain. "Where are you two living?" The paramedic broke the silence, and I thought for a moment. "We don't live together." I answered. Flipping her pen, she looked confused. "As a couple, you don't live together?" I nodded my head, and she just went with it.

"Seunghyun is just unconscious, he should wake up in a few hours. You were performing as a band, right?" The nurse soon asked. I felt relieved, like I could breathe again knowing that my precious Seungri was going to be okay. "Correct, and, he goes by Seungri." I bit on the inside of my jaw, trying to find a way to relieve stress. I wanted Seungri to be awake now, I wanted to take him home and cuddle him so that he can rest. Sleep with him like old times, back when he tried to sleep horizontally just to avoid my embrace, but I always got a hold of him somehow whenever we woke up in the morning. I wanted to wake up to his beautiful eyes fluttering with a "Good morning Jiyongie!", and then surprising him by telling him we were going to his favorite cafe to get his favorite treat and a milkshake if he behaved well. "Can I take him home?" I asked after having a few memories, I was anxious now. The nurse looked at the paramedic. "Hold on." She said, and pressed her hand against Seungri's wrists and chest, and I almost clenched my teeth at the sight of her pressuring against his skin. "His heart rate seems to be fine... as soon as you arrive home, he will need to rest, and eat plentifully once he wakes up." The nurse said, taking her equipment, walking out of the room.

I got up swiftly, still holding Seungri's hand, I looked over to the paramedic. "I'm taking him home." I didn't procrastinate, and she just nodded. "Do you need me to get him a wheelchair-" I picked up Seungri bridal style, and the paramedic waved her thought away. Shrugging, I looked down at Seungri's face while he was in my arms. My tears from earlier were still stained onto his face. "We're going home." I whispered, smiling to myself and leaning down to kiss his nose, walking out of the room, and throughout the hallways of the hospital. I just wanted to get Seungri home, into our room, and hold him, so that he could wake up, with me being there as his surprise, only for him to just be flustered and cuddle up to me closer. I walked out of the exit, Seungri's legs still dangling from me carrying him. I must've been walking faster since I really wanted to get home soon, thinking about things.

Scanning the parking lot, the hyungs were already here. Quickly, I shuffled towards the vehicle as Seunghyun opened the car door. "Is he okay?" Daesung asked, and I nodded. "He's still unconscious, but he'll wake up soon." I explained, laying Seungri down in the passenger seat. "I'l drive, the rest of you can rest in the back." I offered, sitting up front and grabbing the car keys. I looked over to Seungri one last time, and Taeyang patted my back. Wiping the sweat off my forehead, I put the car in drive, and drove back home, everyone just threw their head backs in silence from all of the chaos; the performance, Seungri's collapse, the hospital... it's time to go home.