"Choi Residence"

"2 Chois?"

Dad?

Why is the door locked? Now I have to go down the lobby to get a spare key!

Good Morning, can I have another key to room 832?

Good Morning Ms Gomez, here you go. Your dad told us to give this to you.

A letter? What time did he left?

He just said give the letter to you, he left around nine.

Didn't he mention where is he going?

No, sorry maam but he didn't.

Okay.

Is there anything else we can do?

No, its okay. Thanks!

You're welcome.

I wonder where dad went? And a letter? I hope this is not one of those letters where he's like "Sammy, WE'RE GONNA LIVE HERE! SURPRISE!" No! South Korea is great but the weather here is too cold for me, its already summer and yet I'm still shivering whenever wind blows through the windows. Better read this to end my misery.

Sammy,

Meet me on this address.

 48711 성북동 Seoul

I already instructed the hotel's cab to take you where exactly...

What? You want me to meet you on this address and yet you already instructed the hotel where to take me? Seriously dad?

...I'm serious. Take a bath, don't eat yet! Hurry and on your way, buy some white roses. A dozen! Okay? HURRY UP!

and oh! DON'T WEAR SNEAKERS! and TRY to wear some GIRL CLOTHES. I know how you hate them but you need to do this at least for today.  Meaning...DON'T WEAR ANY OF YOUR HOODIES! PLEASE MY LOVELY DAUGHTER?

I Love You!

Dad.

This address looks like a residential address. But why do I need to dress formally and bring flowers? A birthday maybe? But Dad never mentioned we'll go somewhere before our flight. I better call him then.

Are you on your way?

Dad, I just got your letter. What's up with that? Why do you need a letter for if you can just call me and tell me what to do?

I've been calling you since yesterday but you seem busy with your "trip" to Tokyo that I stop trying.

But you could've at least left me a message or something.

Isn't that letter a message?

Right.

Sammy, take a bath and hurry up. I never trained you to be late.

I know but...

No buts! This time you can't tell me any excuses especially your most favorite excuse of all "jetlag".

Fine. But can you at least tell me why do I need to wear girl clothes?

We're attending a party. A formal one. Just for this day, wear girl's clothes. Please?

As if I have any choice. My clothes seem to be missing.

I did that on purpose. You'll get them back at the right time.

Dad!

Just hurry up! I'm hanging up. I Love You!

Dad!

Great! Just great! I should've agreed on getting a separate room. Where could he hid my clothes? Why do I need to wear this...this white thing? and this...shoes? I don't even have one of this! Dad! What did I do to deserve this? Have I've been a bad daughter? Can't I enjoy freedom? I just finished college, you told me I can be free for a year? Wait, what's the date today? August 9...today is the end of my one year freedom. No!!!

Excuse me, Dad told me he already instructed someone to drive me to this place.

Oh yes maam, I'll just call the car.

Car?

Yes maam. Is there any problem?

No, its just...Dad told me a cab would bring me there.

But Mr. Gomez told us the specific car to be use.

That's okay.

I'll tell them to hurry up.

Thanks!

Why do I feel something bad is about to happen? I should've stayed in Tokyo and tell Dad I can't get a ticket back. I just hope its not as bad as making me work here.

Excuse me maam, your car's ready.

A limousine?

Your dad told us the specific brand and color.

Right. Thank You.

You're welcome. Have a nice day.

A limousine? What is happening to him? Are we invited on the president's birthday or the King's? Something's wrong and I'm about to include myself on it.

Excuse me.

Yes Maam?

Can you stop on a flower shop?

Sure Maam.

A dozen of white roses. I think it'll be a woman's birthday. Could it be that dad have been dating a Korean woman and now is the time that he's gonna introduce me to her? It can't be. Mom is still Dad's one and only love. They may be no longer together but none of them decided to marry after the divorce. Maybe an old friend of dad's? Yeah.

Flower shop at front maam. Would you want me to buy for you?

No, its okay. Just wait for me here.

This place is nice. Driver has a good taste.

Good Morning! What can we do for you?

Can I have a dozen of white roses please?

I'm sorry maam but our last one is already been reserved. But can I at least get you something else?

If there's no more white roses what should I buy then?

She can have mine.

Excuse me sir?

Let her have mine and I'll take pink roses instead.

No, its okay. You bought them first.

But you want white roses right?

Uhm...I do but...

You can take mine then.

No, its really okay. I think I can have another one.

No, take it. I insist.

Okay, how much are these then?

Its okay, its on me.

No, that I can't let you do. You already gave me your roses and now you're paying for it? No.

Actually, I've already paid for it.

I see. well, thank you Mr...

Call me Top.

Top...one of a kind name you have there.

I know, nice meeting you Ms...

Sam. Nice meeting you too Top.

Well, I gotta go. Dad will be upset if I'm late. Enjoy your roses Sam!

Thanks! You too!

Wow! Who could've thought after everything dad has been pulling on me something like this will happen? A good looking young Korean guy would offer me, no...give me his roses for free. Such a nice guy. Odd name but he's nice. I wish this is sign that everything that will happen next will be fine.

This is the address right maam?

Yeah.

Well, they sure have their own road here.

Yeah.

Why do I feel like I've been here before? This house looks familiar.

We're here maam.

Thank you.

Enjoy your night maam.

You too! Thanks!

This house...I'm sure this is not the first time I've been here. But when?

Dad, I'm here.

Where?

At the house you send me to.

I know, what I mean is where exactly?

At the front door.

Okay, I'll send someone to get you.

Why can't you get me yourself?

I'm talking to the owners. Have you bring the roses?

Yes.

Okay. See you.

Bye.

Whoever own this house should be very important to dad that he can't even open the door for his own daughter. Who could it be?

Good Morning.

Are you Mr. Gomez' daughter?

Yes.

Come in.

Excuse me, can I ask who owns this house?

Chois'.

Chois?

Chois...Korean...I know someone who has that family name. Uncle Mark. Yes! This is his house! I knew I've been here before! Could it be that its his birthday today? I haven't seen him since I was five. Now I get why Dad is so busy talking to the owner. Uncle Mark is his bestfriend, well...Korean bestfriend.

Sir, she's here. This is as far as I can go maam, enjoy your stay.

Thanks!

That man is weird. But from the memories I have from Uncle Mark...he does have these bodyguards walking around his house eversince. I guess some things never change. I shall knock then before Dad goes out and pull me in.

Samantha my dear!

Uncle Mark!

Wow! You can still remember me.

Of course! The first time I've been in Seoul was when you invited me and Dad for your birthday. Who would've thought we will see each other again.

Yes! Fifteen years have passed and you're still as pretty as you are. Boy, you have grown! Come here and let me hug my bestfriend's one and only princess!

Wow! I'm so happy to see him again, he looks just like the last time I saw him. Its been fifteen years and he still looks young. I wonder where's dad?

You're looking for your dad I guess?

Yes uncle, where is he?

He just had to do something real quick. He'll be back before dinner. So, I heard you already finished school?

Yes I did.

I see. So everything is working as planned.

Excuse me uncle, what do you mean "working as planned"?

No, nothing...Oh there you are!

I know this guy. Could it be?

Samantha, you still remember my son? DongWook?

Yes, skinny Dong!

Hahaha! You have your father's humor! My son, don't you remember Samantha, Uncle Antonio's daughter?

I do dad. She still have that brown eyes and brown hair.

Well, you still have your little eyes!

Its good to see you two are getting along well. I'll just do something while you two talk your way out on the fifteen years you've never seen each other. I'll be back.

Sure Dad.

Okay Uncle.

Well, DongWook sure doesn't look like his old self. Skinny Dong is now a full grown man. I know he's three years older than I am. So, now he's twenty seven?

So, how have you been Samantha BROWN?

Hahaha! I've been good Skinny Dong!

Well, aren't you gonna introduce me to our lovely visitor son?

Mom! This is Samantha, Uncle Antonio's daughter. Sam this is my mom.

Nice meeting you Mrs. Choi.

Darling, you don't need to address me like that. Call me Auntie Lisa.

Sorry Auntie...

And you brought me my favorites. White roses. Thank you darling. You are as pretty as what they say. I like you and to think you'll be part of this family soon...

Mom...

Okay, I'll shut my mouth til your father and her father tell her about it.

Tell me what Auntie?

Just wait my darling.

Tell me what Dong?

I'm not in the position to tell you Sam. We're just gonna have to wait for your dad and my dad.

"Gonna have to wait for your dad and my dad" What's that about? People here are acting weird and I don't like it. Where's dad? Why did Uncle Mark had to leave? And Dong's mom, that's not Uncle Mark's wife! This is the first time I'm seeing her. What is happening here?

Finally, the prodigal son is here.

Mom...

Fine, since your smart good looking brother who knows I hate pink roses but still brought me on my birthday is here already I guess I should leave. Enjoy yourselves children.

What's up with her? Its her birthday? She hates pink roses? My head is hurting from all of these!

Top?

You know him Sam?

Yeah, I...We...

We saw each other earlier on the flower shop.

Yes we did. Auntie said he's your brother?

Oh yeah, he is my brother. You weren't able to meet him when you and uncle Antonio was here cause he was in a hospital back then.

I was?

Yes, you were about the same age as Sam, you were five so you couldn't remember anything. So...since you two have met I guess I don't have to introduce you to each other...

We do know each other's name but I didn't know our family knows her.

Well, she's Samantha Gomez. Uncle Antonio's daughter. You know Dad's bestfriend?

Right. So, they're the very important visitors dad is expecting?

Yes, So please, be polite and be nice. Okay SeungHyun?

SeungHYun? He told me his name is Top.

That's his "rapper" name. You see Sam, SeungHyun right here loves to do things that...

That his mother hates.

You know she hates pink roses and yet you still bought her one.

Dong, its not his fault. He was supposed to have white roses but he gave them to me.

Don't worry Sam, this is not the only thing that...

That his mom hates about me...She hates me. Period.

When will you and mom get along?

Don't ask me. Ask her. She's the one who seems to be "mad" at me. And Hating me seems to be her mission in life.

 

 

 

 

Hope you guys liked it :D

I'll try to post the next chapter soon!

Thanks for reading :D