Betting up with the gambit

A Gamble with fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwoo

-----

"Kim-ahjussi!" I beamed at the old bartender that owned 'The 4 Leaf'. 

He flashed a mischievous smile that actually works with his features despite how old is. Seriously, this guy just proves how everything just gets better when you age. Dang, he must come from a long line of good-looking studs.

"Ah, if it isn't Jiwoo-ssi." 

Sliding over the bar stool, I plopped myself down and asked for a fruity sangria. 

"Bit tropical for the seasons." He commented with my choice of drink.

I heaved out a sigh. "Well, it helps my thoughts get away from this freezing season."

Kim-ahjussi chuckled below his breath and with much experience and finesse, my drink was served instantly.

"One fruity sangria for the lovely lady. And to what will we toast?" He asked reaching for a tall glass and filling it with his all-time favorite ,which was fizzing year old bourbon.

"To luck." To luck in being successful to finding the lost princess. Cause that's pretty much what we need right now. I sure hope we find the right one.

I overheard appa and oppa's conversation awhile ago. Oppa does have a point, it seems rather offputting and too skeptical that the heiress had been in this area for who knows how long already, and within how many years we weren't able to find her at all. But I guess she's our only lead.

Unfortunately, knowing those two, they wouldn't want me involved with all the sh*t that goes on with the psycho mob. Well, they do let me in on the action too by making me their spy or whatever, chipping in information here and there. Yes, action but no whatsoever violence. Seriously, i'm at my 20's and I could kill a thug with a muffin. They shouldn't worry much about me.

Swiveling the drink around the cocktail glass before downing it, I leaned a little more closer towards the old bartender speaking in a hushed voice. "Pst, ahjussi. Where does a Jeon Somin live in this area?"

If there was anyome who knows this place through and through it should be Kim-ahjussi.

"Jeon Somin, you say?" He raised an eyebrow at me in interest."For what price do you owe me to make me tell you that?"

Breathing through my nose out of sheer frustration I couldn't help my temper from rising. Of course, he just had to say that. 

He's not owned by our gang, and its quite risky. Cause he knows rather far too much about everything that goes on here in western Seoul. Courtesy of my dad for thinking he actually had the balls to gamble against a pro. So there goes my attempt for d*ck threats. 

Unclenching and clenching it repeatedly, a routine I do to keep my cool. I gave him a sickly sweet smile. "How much do you want?" 

He let out another hearty chuckle, which insulted me even more. This grandpa sure has a deathwish.

"Its not money I want." 

Oh for the love of.. Why's he looking at me like that?!

"I'm not sleeping with you old man." I glared at him which earned me a disappointed groan coming out of his lips.

Kim-ahjussi then shrugged and started to walk away. "Oh well, consider yourself informationless." 

Sh*t, sh*t,sh*t. I can't leave like this what if the Heo bastards got to her first. 

"Why are you keeping it?" I suddenly blurted which caught him off guard, noticing how his ears suddenly prickled up and how he momentarily froze.

"If this was just a nobody, you would've easily said the address. But seeing how you even striked a bargain, it means this person's worth something. Is it because your bound to secrecy by someone?"

Taking my glass from me to give me another refill and polishing the table again in a flourish. He then stared back at me. " Look kid, this is my turf and you know how it goes here. You get the information from putting up stakes.  Information that you'd like to have is quite costly. And the other person, you could probably get information from far surpasses my skills. So why don't you try beating him?"

I quirked an eyebrow up in challenge. "And who are we talking bout here?" 

He scoffed and smirked to himself, amused with some kind of personal joke whispered inside his head. "You’re really taking the bait then?"

Downing my refilled sangria to induce a bit of liquor in my veins to amp my bravery, I then slammed the cocktail glass down his always reflectively shiny counter and stared him down with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter