The lost princess

A Gamble with fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BM

-----

There is no princess in a deck of cards, and there is absolutely no princess either in a game of chess. Which makes no sense to call the missing heir to  the gang a fcking princess.

So with that said, if we found her the only position she's gonna be in, is the queen. Which again, makes no sense to just willingly hand over the mafia in the hands of a girl we just blindly assume to be the daughter of the recent deceased mafia boss. Cause she's completely clueless.

"I know what you're thinking BM, but her father left a will saying ' that if she is to be found you are to entrust the whole gang under her reign'." My father reasoned, rereading the last testament of Jeon Seungchoul. 

"Bullsh*t!" I snapped.

He gave me a firm gaze with my outrageous remark and stood up from his chair, calmly making his way towards me.

"Walk with me son." He said wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

Though seething with anger I obliged, for I could never say no to the person II am solely indebted to.

"Do you remember the time you saved me?"

I was caught off guard with the question, confused on why he decided to bring that up just now. But I nodded in reply and urged him to go on with his point.

"I am powerless. I might be the one who is managing what Seungchoul left behind, but I am not the legitimate succesor of the empire we built. I am only his right hand man. And the tradition that this mafia follows, is that all of this would be passed on to someone of the same blood. Which is his daughter, and the Heo family."

My ears prickled up in surprise hearing the name he just mentioned. "You mean that bastard that tried to kill you?"

"Yes." 

Shellshocked at the news, I now realized why he never stated who the culprit was to the gang. I should've killed the *sshole when I had the chance.

"So even if you did tell everyone who the prick was, they would never help you cause he was next in line?"

"Sadly, yes my son."

"But how..?" How are you still incharge?

"I am temporary. It is also said in the statement,  if by 22 years we are unable to find his daughter(or if anything was ever to happen to me), the Royals would be handed down to his half-brother Heo Youngjae. So as for now, I am in charge. And we are running out of time. If Youngjae is entitled as the new boss, he will bring this empire into ruin. You know how he recklessly splurges his wealth. And not only that, he will have you and your sister's head."

As I stared at my father, just now did I glimpse how much he aged for so many years. He's always so enigmatic and powerful that I never realized this great of a burden he carried.

"I beg of you my son. We have to take action now. Youngjae is at the hunt for her too. I know we're hanging onto some blind faith. But his daughter is the only way we could save this empire and both of you."

This was blasphemous. What if they see through her? What if her loyalty lies somewhere else? How is she able to run all of this when I had to learn the ins and out of it for 8 years and she has to cram it all in within days? And most of all.. Why am I spiraling into the thought of actually agreeing to my father's plans?

-----

Somin

-----

I stood by the glass windows of the brothel house as if I was a mannequin in display, unlike all my other coworkers I still have my dignity to not sell myself so easily by provoking them with only wearing such minimum amount of clothes.  Clad in a fitted top with angel sleeves and a skirt that reached the mid of my thighs while donning thigh high boots strapped to my feet, I refused to dance so maliciously , and stood my ground earning me a poke by a huge wooden cane at the back of my bum.

"Dance missy, or by the end of the night I'll just have you strip n*ked if you cease to draw in customers by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter