Alias

A Gamble with fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

J.Seph

-----

Looking my opponent straight in the eye, I noticed how it wouldn't look up to meet my gaze and how the bridge of his hairline glistened in perspiration under the dimly-litted illumination provided by the club.

"Chance!" I exclaimed calling his bluff earning the looks of all the players that gathered around the table.

His eyes now darted from side-to-side in desperation, and I couldn't literally feel a tingle of excitement knowing that I have won yet again. My opponent was so filled with panic that his companion had to nudge him back to reality. Defeated, he had no other choicebut to flip his card which showcased one 6's instead of three 9's.

Slamming all my cards in the table out of victory, I now reached for the all the loot that consisted of a 10,000 won bill, a pair of emerald earrings, a rolex watch, and the occasional spare change that some peope chip in when they try to play it safe. Oh boy, what a prize I have won tonight.

"Hey you prick!" The flabby player that had staked the 10,000 won bill snarled at me.

"What?" I asked in deadpan, now shoving the money and fancy jewelry inside the front pocket of my jeans.

Irritated by my nonchalance, he now stood up into his full height, which didn't scare me the tiny bit for he was in a territory where he couldn't touch me.

"You cheated!"

"Hey look fatso," He flinched with the name" Liar's poker is as well a game of odds as betting on which side of the coin faces up. I won it fair and square, arasso?"

He was left speechles-either by my retort or because I did have a point-, and so I started to walk away calling it a day for my nightly gambling.

"Hey! I'm not done with you yet! You should watch your back, the people I work for will have your head. You--"

Yada. Yada. Yada. That's what they always say when they can't take losing a bet well. Seriously, people should think first before waltzing in this place. And besides, its already common for me to get death threats.

Walking out of the casino room, I decided to bid the old man before heading out.

"Yo! Ahjussi!" I hollered at the big muscular guy with salt & pepper hair, who was manning the bar station.

At the moment, he was flirting(well, attempted to) with a pr0stitute that was well around her 30's. And who was obviously not giving a damn towards his unabashed wooing.

Seriously, this old geezer. 

The pr0stitute finally left, unable to tolerate his indignant behavior. Her cheap perfume, still leaving quite a strong impression as I now went to take her seat.

"My god, ahjussi. You never do give up." I said clicking my tongue while shaking my head in disdain.

Chuckling under his breath he slid a frothy bourbon in my way.

"One day I'm gonna have that nice piece of as$." He declared while wiping some of the glasses to a shiny perfection.

Grimacing in disgust at what he said, I chugged the beer down in one gulp and placed it back on the polished mahogany counter. When I lowered the glass back down the table, he hovered the bottle of beer on it to pour me another pint, which I refused.

"Oh come on J.seph." He protested sliding it back to me. "Put in a bit of variation from your coffee craving tastebuds." 

Shooting daggers at him with my stare, I strongly declined yet again, now pushing the jug in his hands.

"Ahjussi," I stated in warning. "You know how she hates the smell of liquor on me."

My uncle sighed in defeat, downed the jug in one go, and decided to change the topic.

"What did you staked for tonight?"

"My name." I answered enthusiastically and flashed him a cocky smirk.

He rolled his eyes in exasparation and let out an incredulous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter