Orphans

A Gamble with fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BM

-----

I jolted upright awake when I felt cold water shoot across my face. Opening my eyes to search for the culprit, I was welcomed with the sight of Jiwoo. left hand on her hip, a tin bucket on the other, and an indifferent expression on her too sweet face.

"Ya! What's with you blondie?! You just soiled my new shirt." I grumbled at her looking at my now drenched button up.

She now mirrored my grumpy expression when she heard the nickname I gave her when she started to bleach her hair to the finest.

"Ya! Don't give me that westerner crap attitude. Do you know what time it is?!"

Not really giving a care, I laid back down on the ratty mattress I called my 'bed', which was strewn on the floor of my dingy room.

"Get up you bozo!" She said, kicking the side of it making the springs rattle underneath.

"Jiwoo not so early in the morning." I groaned, and tried to block out her nagging by stuffing a pillow over my head.

"Morning?!" She cried in exasparation.

I heard her boots stomp for a short while, and was followed by the scuffling of the curtains that were now slid wide open. Colored light now illuminated the room in cool blues and warm reds, and my eyes squinted trying to adjust to the brightness that drew in.

"Its 11:30 for pete's sake! How long were you out with the guys again?! And look at the amount of beer bottles you got here?! How much did you drink?! Oppa, seriously, you hav--"

"JIWOO, NOT NOW!" I finally snapped, sitting up to look her in the eye making her shut up.

Her features softened in realization as she looked at me. "You had to kill someone again, didn't you?"

Not really having the energy to speak I simply nodded at her.

"Oh oppa." She sighed wearily and plopped down beside me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders despite of how hard it was for her to reach because of my taller frame.

"It was a family this time. They were just out having dinner. They laughed and talked, and just was being a family. I dont get why the bastard that won the other week wanted them dead Jiwoo. And I dont get why he didn't even had the mercy to spare them, when his vendetta was only gravitating towards the husband just because of petty jealousy that he never got the man's wife."

Jiwoo nestled her head by my shoulder. "Oppa, I know its hard on you. But you of all people should know how cruel the world really is. I mean, we've been battered and bruised by its twisted fate since our childhood days."

She's right. We were both thrown out by an orphanage when we were young. Primarily, it was only supposed to be me leaving, cause I was getting far

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter