I've loved and I've lost.

The Truth Hurts, But Those Lies Heal.

[ARGH. So, it might turn into a chaptered oneshot.... making it a mini-story?! BUT ONLY BECAUSE IT'D BE TOO LONG AND I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOU FALLING ASLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. :D It won't be too long though. Maybe three chapters, tops. :P Also, I'm going to be drifting between past and present here.

-past-

-present-

It'll give you all a better understanding of what's going on and why the characters act how they do. Also, this could have been inspired a little by Drake's "Take Care" and the k-drama I recently started watching... 'Secret Garden'. -cough cough-]

------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Brrrrrring. Brrrrring.

The sharp sound of chimes rudely interrupted the two of you, and you lowered your head slightly to glance at your phone. You frowned when you saw the caller id, and tapping a button, ignored the call. The handsome man sitting across from you eyed you curiously, and you shook your head when he asked if it was someone important. Luckily the approaching waiter cleared away all thoughts in your head (and further questions) when he set down your respective dishes. Just as you lifted your chopsticks, you felt the phone vibrate and chime yet again near your ankle, where it was nestled safely away in your purse. Guilt crept up on your emotions as you lifted some food to your mouth, listening to the person who your friend had set you up on a blind date with. "Sure it isn't important?" He nodded at you, as if giving you permission to answer the phone. "No," you smiled, even convincing yourself it wasn't. "He must be trying to reach the wrong person."

And in a way, he was.

He always had.

 

***

"We're sorry. But the person you are trying to reach," and here cut in your then-happy voice, giggling as you said your full name, but with his deep voice cutting in and yelling, "Choi!", "is not available. Leave a message after the beep. Beeeeeeeeep!"

"Damn it," he cursed under his breath, running a hand through his newly-honey-colored hair as he kicked the door he had previously been leaning on in annoyance. He brought the phone away from his ear, hurling it towards the couch nearby. Storming into the adjoining bathroom, he gripped the sides of the counter, staring into the sink as he tried not to let himself cry.

It had been six full weeks since he'd seen you.

Four since you'd last spoken, if exchanging angry words on a 50-second phone call counted.

And one since he'd finally thought he'd moved on.

Yet here he was on a Saturday night, home alone. Jiyong and Seungri had invited him along with them to a party at a club, but he had pushed them out the door. Clubs meant lots of fangirls who would, yes, be older and y than the teen-fangirls they usually encountered, but he didn't want to distract himself with them. In his mind right now, there was only one person he wanted to see right now.

And she was on a date. With someone else.

The thought alone made his heart hurt, and he raised his head to stare at his reflection, his expression blank.

Then his phone beeped twice.

He exhaled loudly, turning to step back into the room. The phone beeped once more, and he let out an 'aish' when he had to lift all the pillows to find it. Sighing, he sat down, opening his text messages. His eyes widened in a mixture of hurt and surprise when he read it.

[From: _____ (Jagiya)

      Why are you calling me? Don't you have the wrong number, Seunghyun? Just as you said. I'm no her. ]

 

------------------------------------

"_____! Say it!" The sensation that was causing you to become helpless wouldn't stop, and you howled in laughter, his strong hands tickling your sides faster. "Okay! I'll say it, j-just let me breathe first!"

From across the room, Jiyong grinned mischeviously, and Seungri let out a loud whoop. He burst into song, and Daesung pretended to dance along with him. "I can't breathe! I can't breaaaathe." Seunghyun finally released you from his grip, and you giggled up at him, relaxing back into his arms as he pulled you against him into a hug. His hands found yours and he intertwined his strong hands with your slender ones. Youngbae swiveled around in his dressing chair, smoothing the tips of his fauxhawk up. "She still hasn't said it, hyung," he teased. "Aish!" You pouted and felt shivers dance down your spine when he lowered his chin onto the top of your head, his voice tumbling against your hair.

"What's the answer, jagiya?"

Biting on the corner of your lip, you tilted your head back, gazing up into his loving stare with a blissful smile.

"The answer is yes, yes, a million times yes."

Daesung jumped up and down, and you yelped as the four boys all attacked you and their hyung in a giant group hug. "She said yes!" Seunghyun chuckled and pushed them away, yelling at Seungri when he wouldn't let go of you. "Noona is getting married! Let me hug her one last time while she is still a single woman..." You laughed when he pressed his cheek against yours. Youngbae and Jiyong pulled him away from you, and the other four left the dressing room before they went onstage.

"Are you sure we should do this? What if people come after me and I get my own anti-fan group?" You pretended to be nervous, giving Seunghyun a fearful look. He smiled at you, shaking his head slightly. "Don't worry. You have me, security... and don't forget the little Seung Hyun. He's a strong baby." You eyed him with amusement, your hands grasping his cheeks when he lowered his head near yours. His forehead pressed against yours lightly, and you felt a fluttering in your heart when he whispered the three words you'd been aching to hear since your adolescent years, back when he was only a best friend to you.

"Sarang hae, ____."

 

---------------------------------------

As soon as you arrived at your apartment complex, you politely excused yourself and paid the taxi driver, hurrying out of the car and into the lobby. It wasn't until you were outside of your apartment that you dug your phone out of your purse. Opening the door, you heard canned laughter and the smell of pizza filled the air. "____! How'd it go?" Your eyes fell on your bff and roommate, who was curled up on the couch watching old re-runs of  Strong Heart. Slumping over, you tugged your heels off, plopping down next to her. "Horrible. He was cute and all, but he barely listened to a thing I said. Only wanted me to listen to him." She pointed to the wine on the table, and you shook your head, staring at Seunghyun's number on the phone with sadness.

Pressing the '1' key, you propped the phone against your ear, listening to the first message.

"Damn it!" A loud thump could be heard after that, and you felt even more guilty on the inside.

"Omo, what's wrong?" Your friend stared at you with concern, and you sighed, handing the phone over to her. Your attention focused on the tv show, and you glanced over as you noticed she was typing something. "What are you doing?!" You snatched it away from her, and she half-shrugged, watching you with sympathy.

"Unnie, look. He deserves it. He lied to you." You felt tears threatening to form, and you turned to the tv, a gasp escaping your throat when you saw what was on. "Oh, ," your friend blurted, and she bent over, looking for the remote.

"...And so, that's how you two know each other? Seungri-ssi said you stole her from him!" Kang Ho Dong yelled, and the audience roared in laughter. "Don't," you breathed, and your friend sighed and rubbed your back as you let the tears fall the minute the camera panned to the two of you. He had pulled you onto his lap, hugging you as close as possible to him. The ring sparkled brightly on your finger when he raised your hand to the camera. "How could I steal when she was the one who made the choice here?" The audience both awwed and clapped happily. The tv-Seunghyun and tv-you pecked each other on the lips for a split second, and then it cut to commercial.

You bust into sobs, trying to collect your breathing, but you couldn't. A flood of memories and heartache tore at your mind, and your friend pulled you into a hug, sighing as she knew this wouldn't be the last night of this.

She grabbed your phone, angry that he had hurt you so much. Finding your voice, you coughed, wiping the stubborn tears on your cheek. "Have I really been reduced to just a tv-show memory?" You choked on your words, and you pulled your knees to your chest. "No, ___. You are so much stronger than this! I hate this jerk. Do you want me to send this to him?" She showed you the screen, and you nodded, whimpering as she handed you tissues.

"The best thing you can do is just... let it out right now." She offered you a sad smile. "You can't keep acting as if nothing's wrong and expect to move on."

Her words reminded you instantly of the reason why the two of you were over in the first place.

Am I supposed to laugh, as if nothing's wrong? Each day passes by as if nothing's wrong.

-----------------------------------

/LOOK AT THE INNOCENT TABI YOU GUYS. Isn't he cute? He thanks you for subbing and commenting. ;D