12 - Kiss me Darling

Wanted

This chapter wasn't beta read.

Stay by my side
Stay for a while
Stay here you lovable love
Stay in my arms
And I'll sing you a song
Let me embrace you tonight
'Cause I will give you love my love
Like no one's done before
Hug you an'holding you tight

Kiss me - Blink

 

Nari walked down the fancy hall in the direction of the doors that lead outside the hotel. The tears in her eyes turned her image on the glossy reflecting floor, fuzzy and she hated herself for crying. At least she managed to keep them in when she was inside the room.

Jinki never saw her as a girlfriend as she suspected. He was probably embarrassed about being seen with someone like her. If she didn't fit in the normal world how did she expect to fit in his world?! It was her fault for dreaming too much, for wanting more than a person like her could achieve.

She opened her bag and took a paper tissue from inside it. She had to get herself together before she reached home. If Jonghyun noticed that her eyes were swollen from crying he would be extremely mad. She didn't want to worry him and Sora. The next morning she was going to tell them she broke up with Jinki and keep the rest of what happened to herself. It was better that way. For now she would try to calm down on the way back. Maybe it was better to go by bus, the trip would be longer and give her more time.

“Wait.” Jinki’s voice startled Nari and before she had time to react and think about what to do he grabbed her arm and gently pulled her towards him.

Nari widened her eyes surprised that he came after her. That was something she often watched in dramas. The main character being humiliated and the hero coming to her rescue. Even though she was hurt she couldn't help her heart from beating fast.

With Jinki it was as if she was living the love stories she always watched on tv. Meeting casually in a funny situation after watching him for years, a kiss in the rain and now that…

He frowned, something crossing his eyes, something she couldn't read. His touch on her cheek made her flinch and she stepped back covering her eyes. She was crying like an idiot and probably looked awful and pitiful and she didn't want him to feel sorry for her. The last thing she wanted from him was that.

Jinki probably only came after her to offer a ride home or apologize since she knew that deep down he was a good person.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized touching her shoulder gently as if he was scared to hurt her and Nari turned around hiding her crying face from him. She had more than the average personal account of embarrassing moments but still... “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

She cleaned her eyes meticulously with the paper tissue and sniffed. Jinki groaned and she turned around to look at him “…” That was new. Nari watched him taken aback with his reaction. “I…”

“You don't need to curse alright!” She said clearing her voice to sound normal “It’s fine. No need to feel sorry for me. I get it…” She took a deep breath and looked straight ahead, avoiding his eyes and looking at his neck, chest everywhere else but his eyes. It wasn't easy to focus when he was so handsome and she liked him but she could do it and be honest with him “I was too pushy and I drove you into a relationship you didn't want. But you should have told me!” She complained “If you didn't want to be with me you should have been honest. “Or maybe it was something else “Or if it was only for the then….no...you wouldn't.” Her eyes found his and she tried to read them but Jinki was looking at her seeming as confused as she was “You can't be like them.” He couldn't deceive her like the others. “I don't want to believe that.”

Jinki frowned parting his lips and he looked at the floor and then at her again “You truly only see the best in me.”

“Anyway…” Nari rubbed her arm uncomfortably. A few more seconds and she would cry again and she absolutely didn't want that “Now it's all in the clear and it doesn't matter. I’m going, you don't need to give me a ride because I brought my…”

“Can you shut up for a second, please?!”

Nari’s eyes flared but instead of looking scared Jinki’s lips twitched into a small smile.

“No I won't shut up!” Nari’s voice raised and her hurt heart took the reins “I won't because you are an idiot! There I said it!”

Jinki didn't react as she expected and chuckled. Was he making fun of her now?! “Is it funny? To use someone? You must think that I am an idiot, a naive freak…” She groaned raising her fists as if she wanted to punch him but he didn't even flinch smiling like an idiot. Nari wasn't violent and even when other kids made fun of her she rarely reacted but his silly smile was hurting her even more. However, she could never hurt him and she didn't even want to. Instead she pushed him and stepped back. She wasn't going to stay there and endure that humiliation.

However Jinki grabbed her hand and pulled it to his chest, to his heart, holding it there with his, and she stared at him with open wondering what he was doing.

“I think that you are…” His words wore deliberately slow as if he couldn't find the right word to describe ber…” Absolutely lovely!”

Nari didn't know what to say or think. “I don't get you.”

“I don't get myself either.” He chuckled again as if the whole situation amused him“But can you come with me?”

“Where?”

“I forgot to do something at the restaurant and you must come with me.”

Oh no she wasn't going back “Is this some kind of a trick to make fun of me again?”

“No!” he squeezed her hand in his “Just trust me.”

She did all that time and see how it ended. However, she saw herself walking by his side watching his profile trying to understand what was going on and why he was holding her hand in his so firmly, why they were walking like a couple again. He reciprocated the glances, observing her too as if he was seeing her for the first time, or as if something in him changed.

Before she noticed they were at the door of the room where his friends were still having dinner. Jinki didn't even hesitate and opened the door pulling her with him inside the room. She noticed how he didn't close it behind them so he didn't expect to stay which was good because all eyes were now on them and she couldn't endure that again.

Nari’s mental drama encyclopedia was screaming at her. That was the moment when the hero declared his intentions towards the heroin in front of his friends. Nari’s eyes widened and she stared at Jinki unable to believe that that was happening to her. Her mind was telling that it wasn't possible but her heart was already celebrating, beating faster and faster.

“Jinki? Did you bring Nari back to finish dinner?” Tae-Woon asked acting all serious as if he wasn't laughing at her just a few minutes ago.

Hyori snorted but Nari ignored her. No one would ruin that moment for her. She watched how Jinki’s lips parted how he looked at everyone in the room and then at her, only at her and smiled. She smiled back unable to control herself.

“We are dating. She is my girlfriend.” Jinki said directing his words, especially at Tae-woon. “And I hope you stop calling my girlfriend weird.” he turned to Hyori. “Because I’m probably as weird as she is. And that’s it…I hope you respect her and our relationship if you want to keep being my friend.” Jinki rubbed his neck with his free hand as if he was embarrassed and Nari chewed on her lower lip finding him the cutest.

“I see. Noted!” Tae-woon laughed clapping his hands but Jinki ignored him and pulled Nari out of the room with him. She almost had to run to accompany him and as soon as he noted he slowed his steps and walked beside her without saying anything. Nari only stared at his profile and their hands still connected.

She wasn't going home by bus for sure.

He didn't seem to want to let go of her hand.

She was Jinki’s girlfriend.

They were dating and he told his friends.

Nari had to cover to not laugh with joy.

“I don't think you are weird.” She mumbled awkwardly instead, still wondering if that truly happened, her heart drumming inside her.

“Trust me, I am.”

“I trust you.” She did, more than ever, she did.

 

Nothing.

She rode with Taemin to every one of Sun- Young's friend’s house that she remembered and no one knew about her. So they decided to follow the suggestion of one of Sora's sister's friends and search for her in the last place she wanted to.

Taemin’s bike stopped in front of the old abandoned house and he turned off the engine. Sora got up from behind him and took off the helmet he lent to her. He did the same placing it over the handle of his bike and fixed his hair running a hand through it.

“Could she truly be here?” Taemin asked not liking the aspect of it one bit.

“If she is I'm spanking her.”

He chuckled and then grabbed Sora’s arm before she passed through the broken fence and entered the garden filled with weeds and debris.

“You know the kind of people we might meet inside. If things take a turn to the worse let me solve it.”

“Are you going to fight against a group of rebellious teenagers for me?” Sora frowned not taking him seriously.

“This group of rebellious teenagers are probably high as and might be dangerous.”

Sora bit her lower lip knowing that he was right. Her sister was inside with a group of criminals trying to act as if she was older and rebellious, just like she did when she had her age.

“I know. I'm sorry and…thank you.”

“No problem.” he passed through the hole in the fence as if it was nothing, like a very elegant cat and then helped her through. She followed after him grateful that he was with her. She could concentrate on her sister this way and not worry about whatever she would find inside. Taemin was very reliable after all, more than she thought at first. Maybe he wasn't the brat she always thought he was.

They didn't need to explore much of the house since as soon they crossed the entrance - it didn't even have a door anymore - they could hear the laughter and the music coming out from a portable loudspeaker on the floor of what was before the living room.

A couple was over a dusty smelly old couch making out and Sora peeked to be sure it wasn't her sister. Taemin watched her reaction waiting but as soon as Sora moved on he followed after her.

The couple barely noticed them, too focused on each other but they weren't that lucky when they entered the kitchen.

Three guys and a girl were smoking, laughing hysterical and as soon as they saw Sora and Taemin enter they stared at them.

“Who the are you?”

“Where is Sun-Young?” Sora asked unfazed.

“Who?” The tallest guy asked getting up from the can of paint that he was using a seat. “Who are you?”

“Cops?” The girl asked seeming worried, her bloodshot eyes moving to Taemin. He truly didn't look like a cop, wearing his leather black jacket looking more like a model or an idol.

“No don't tell me...Hoza sent you!” The tall guy mumbled seeming nervous “I’ll pay him I swear.”

“Don't be an idiot!” One of the other guys, one that was older, an adult already, chuckled getting up. “Hoza wouldn't send a woman to do his dirty work!”

“Just tell me where Sun-Young is and we will leave.”

“Lady we don't know who that is!”

“She is upstairs with that guy called Min Jun.”

“Oh, his ?!” The older guy exclaimed.

“EXCUSE ME!” Sora’s voice filled the kitchen and Taemin had to force himself not to laugh because the kids seemed a little scared. “What did you call her?”

They recovered pretty quickly though and he stepped in front of Sora making her look smaller and very much defenseless. She didn't back away though “My sister is not a !”

“She is upstairs with her legs open so….” The guy didn't back away one centimeter and Taemin raised his hands in front of him and cracked his knuckles, moving his neck to one side to the other. Sora looked at him incredulously.

The older guy didn't seem scared but the other teens backed away not wanting any trouble.

“What is happening?” Another teenager entered the kitchen followed by a girl both still wearing their schools' uniforms.

“Sun-Young!” Sora immediately grabbed her arm and the younger girl screamed trying to pull away.

“What are you doing here?!”

“I could ask you the same! Are you insane?! What are you doing here?!”

“It's none of your business!”

“It’s my fault.” The boy, Min Jun, Sora’s sister's boyfriend bowed down.

“It's not!” Sun-Young quickly defended him “I wanted to come and he followed me to protect me. Anyway, just go away.”

“I will, with you both.” Sora pulled Sun-young but she resisted. Worse the older guy stepped in front of her again blocking the way out.

“You can go after she pays for the beer they consumed.”

Sora her lips relieved. If that was all she consumed then nothing was lost.

“How much?”

The guy grinned giving a very ridiculous high value to it.

“That's a really expensive beer!” Taemin remarked behind Sora and she groaned.

“I’m not paying for that. Do you think I'm stupid?!”

“You don't pay, you don't leave!” He signaled to his friend and they immediately got up, a little reticent though still eyeing Taemin.

“You think you can stop us?!” Sora laughed out loud. “What are you going to do?”

“I know where the wimp lives…” the gangster said eyeing Min Jun that widened his eyes.

“This is ridiculous!” Taemin remarked gently pushing Sora and Sun-Yung away, and next to Min Jun.

He grabbed two bottles of beer and turned them upside down dropping them all over the floor at the gangster's feet, splashing him in the process.

“What the are you doing?”

He then took a lighter from one of the teen's hands that flinched scared and lit it.

“You are so eager to end your lives with drugs and ?! Don't you think about your parents that worked their asses off to raise you?” Taemin stared at the teens, the words directed to them. “And you as their hyung, shouldn't you be scolding them instead of selling them drugs?! Should I help you ruin your lives and burn this extremely expensive beer along with you?”

“You ing nuts, man!”

“Yeah, well some say I’m the devil...I think your friend Hoza would pale in comparison to me.”

 

 

Jinki accompanied Nari to her door and waited while she opened it. She stepped inside and then turned around blocking his way. It wasn't as if he wanted to follow her but he also didn't want her to leave.

The ride back home was in total silence, with them stealing glances at each other, with her smiling delighted, so beautifully that his heart was still beating fast.

He wasn't sure why he did it but he did embarrass himself in front of his friends, he told everyone she was his girlfriend. He didn't regret it. Jinki could be her boyfriend. He wanted to.

She leaned her head against the doorway and smiled at him so tenderly that he fought the urge to pull her to his arms. She was inexperienced with and he was inexperienced with those feelings. That wasn't only desire or attraction, it was something else that scared him and yet he couldn't help but let that feeling win over him, making him want to gravitate around that fragile and peculiar woman.

“Goodnight.” She said with a tiny voice making his chest ache. He didn't want to say goodnight, he wanted to look at her for the whole night. “I would invite you in to eat something…”

He forgot that they barely ate dinner. “We could go somewhere…”

“No, it's late and Jonghyun must be worried.”

He was probably the reason she didn't invite him in too.

“Besides, I’m still upset with you.”

“You are?” He wasn't expecting that at all. She didn't seem upset, smiling so warmly at him like that, her eyes filled with emotion.

“A little.” She chuckled cutely and he smiled leaning forward to kiss her but she covered her lips making him pull back. “You said I wasn't your girlfriend so no kisses.”

“I said you were! I said in front of my friends.”

His worried expression must have been funny because she laughed covering again, this time because she was worried Jonghyun would hear.

“To kiss me you need to have a VIP membership. “ He frowned so she explained “Just like in games. When you need to get access to all the features of the game you need to subscribe to the paid service.”

“How do I subscribe then? I want all the features!” He asked amused. He loved how she compared everything to games, how she made his heart flutter with silly things like that.

She blushed with his words. All features meant everything of her. He would get it all.

“If you become my boyfriend, like a real one, in front of everyone then you are subscribed for all the features.”

He leaned forward again, eyeing her lips eagerly. Kissing her was divine, touching her was all he wanted. “I subscribe.” His eyes moved up to hers and she swallowed hard the mood changing. She wanted it too. She was waiting for his lips also.

“Where do I sign? I will sign.”

She pressed her lips together trying not to laugh. “You mean it. You will date me?!”

“I told my friend, didn't I? I wasn't saying that just because of how rude they were. I mean it 100%. Am I subscribed?”

“Only one can subscribe and if he subscribes he can't subscribe to another service from another provider.”

No cheating. Fine, he wasn't the kind anyway.

“Am I subscribed or not?”Jinki stepped forward, his lips inches from hers and Nari held her breath adorably. He only needed her to say yes for him to kiss her. Just one tiny word, just a small nod and he would taste her again. “I will tell everyone we are dating. I’ll scream to the world if you want.”

“Don't do that.” She said embarrassed “Jonghyun would wake up.”

“Probably kick my too.”

She chuckled moving her body cutely and he leaned his head against the door unable to wait anymore.

“Please, end my torture.”

She laughed again “Even if I wear my Ursula t-shirt…”

“Even if you wear a clown outfit!”

“It’s not that bad!” She complained and he groaned unable to wait anymore and kissed her, his lips gently touching hers in the softest of kisses. She didn't pull away and their eyes meet.

“I’m subscribed. Sealed with a kiss!” He whispered closing his eyes again, joining his lips with hers for another kiss, this time more demanding, that made Nari go against the door. He wrapped an arm around her pulling her to him instead and she sighed against his lips, hugging him back, holding on to him for support as if she was a sailor lost in the sea.

He took his time devouring her, inhaling her scent, tasting her lips and mouth as soon as she let his tongue enter it, his hands moving on her back caressing her. She seemed too tiny in his arms and yet she had such a big power over him that night. He was going insane and he wanted her, more of her. If she was another woman he would have pushed her inside the house and to her room but he wanted to take it slower now. He didn't want to scare her. It wasn't anymore about , but the kisses and all the moments he could share with her.

“Nari is that you?” Jonghyun’s voice coming from inside the house somewhere upstairs made Nari push Jinki away and he groaned, his body and heart complaining because of the break of contact.

“It’s me…” She answered gently untangling herself from Jinki. “I'll be upstairs in a minute.”

She turned to Jinki and smiled at him, her hand caressing his cheek making his heart flutter again. It was only a small touch and yet…

“I don't want to say goodnight.” He confessed showing a vulnerability he rarely did. He just couldn't control it anymore. What was happening to him?! What did she do to him?!

“I don't either.” she said shyly before kissing his lips and closing the door. A quick goodnight, leaving her lips seconds before the door closed.

He smiled leaning his head against it.

She wanted to be with him as much as he wanted to be with her.

He never felt as lucky as he did that night.

He stepped away from the door, unable to look away from it as if he hoped that she was on the other side thinking of him, feeling the same he did.

“Jinki…” Her voice coming from a window upstairs made him giggle, happy to know that she also couldn't let him go.

“Sleep well…and no smoking!” her cute warning made him chuckle.

“No smoking!” He waved at her and walked to his car.

“Also eat something when you get home!”

“I will, you too! Nothing that will make you sick!” It was his time to worry and scold her.

She chuckled nodding.

“I’ll come to see you tomorrow!” He said before entering the car. If he could he would be there as soon as the sun came out.

Through the rearview mirror, he saw her watching him leave. He missed her already. Before bed, he was going to call her.

Yes, that idea pleased him.

 

 

“So what is it gonna be?” Taemin asked, “ barbeque or go home and throw the drugs down the toilet?”

“Screw it…!” The gangster stepped aside cursing under his breath and Taemin cleared his throat staring at the rest of the teens that quickly gathered their things.

Sora led the way outside pulling her sister by her arm and Taemin and Min Jun followed them.

“Your boyfriend is crazy!” Sun-Jung remarked, her voice coming out weird and Sora groaned realizing she was probably drunk. She smelled her breath just in case, her suspicions coming out right.

“He is my friend, not a boyfriend, and what the hell Sun-Jung, you are drunk!”

“Oh please don't act as if you are better than me!” the teen pulled away from Sora’s hold and she had to push her through the fence with Taemin’s help that was on the other side already with Min Jun.

“Why did you have to do that anyway?” Sora asked Taemin as soon as they were all safe on the other side of the fence.

“It worked didn't it?” He smiled “My brother did the same for me back when I was going through a rebellious phase. I only copied him. It worked for me so…”

Sora bit her lower lip and thanked him. “What you did for those kids was very meaningful. I’m sure they will think about it, just like you did.”

“I hope so and I said I would help you. No need to thank me.”

“Can you stop talking?” Sun-Young complained grabbing Min Jun’s arm and leaning into it. The teen, that wasn't drunk - which proved what her sister said about him going after her to protect her - wrapped an arm protectively around her. “Can you stop acting like the greatest of sisters when you are just a loser that doesn't give a about me and mom? Do you even care about dad?!”

The sound of Sora’s quick steps on the pavement came before the slap on the face she gave to her sister. Taemin flinched not saying anything, not wanting to come between the sisters.

“Stop being a selfish brat! Mom is doing her best to raise you!”

“Then why did you leave us when dad died? Why were you so eager to leave us?!” Sun-Young’s eyes filled with tears.

“You know nothing….” Sora took a deep breath “I had to grow up. I had to work, and help mom raise you. Stop acting like I used to and get your grip together.”

Sora’s admitting that she also has gone through a phase like that seemed to calm down Sun-Young that hugged herself.

Taemin smiled joining them. Maybe they weren't that different from their siblings after all. He followed his brother's behavior and Sun-Young did the same following Sora.

“I should call a taxi for you.” He only had his bike after all and they were four.

“It's alright. My mother’s place is close. We can walk.” Sora said.

Sun- Young sniffed giving a wombly step and Min Jun grabbed her gently.

“Maybe we should wait for her to sober up. Your mother won't be happy to see her like that. You should call her though to tell her she is with you. You should call your parents too.” He said to Min Jun “Are you hungry?” he turned to Sora’s sister next “I’ll pay. I saw a restaurant down the street earlier tonight."

Sora watched him grateful that he was taking all the decisions and that normally would surprise him but she seemed exhausted.

“Shall we go then?”

He led the group smiling relieved when Sora wrapped an arm protectively around her sister that didn't fight her off.

“Call your parents.” he told Min Jun again that nodded grabbing his phone. “You seem like a good kid. You did well following her but next time call someone.”

“I didn't have her sister’s number.”

“I'll give you mine. You call me if those guys get you trouble.”

“Oh sure. Thanks!”

Taemin patted the teen’s head as if he was a kid and his chest hurt, a distant bittersweet memory of his brother doing the same for him pricking at his heart. It didn't leave him sad though. He could never replace him but maybe a part of him was always in him.

“Everything alright?” Sora asked Taemin and he nodded.

“Yes, I’m just hungry. I didn't have dinner.”

“Oh right, I forgot!”

He giggled to himself noticing the small tint of red on her cheeks.

Being with her made him forget his empty stomach.

 

 

“I like him.” Sun- young whispered to her sister and both peeked behind them at the two boys sitting a few steps on the bench behind them. At that distance, and maybe because they were inside a playground alone at night, it almost seemed like they had the same age.

Sun - Young swang on the swing, stretching her feet, making it leave marks on the sand below. Sora watched them and leaned her head against the chains of her swing.

After having dinner - a later one - calling the teen's parents they were now at the playground catching some air and talking. Well the two of them were talking separately from the guys. Soon they would leave. Taemin said he would give Min Jun a ride home - the boy seemed excited about it - and Sora would accompany her sister home and get home later. She already called Jonghyun so he wouldn't be worried.

“I mean it. I think he is a good boyfriend.” Sun - Young grinned, now the drunkenness was gone but she was still bratty enough to annoy Sora.

“I told you, he isn't my boyfriend. He is only a friend.”

“The way you look at each other says otherwise.”

Sora peeked at Taemin again. He was laughing at something Min Jun was saying, they seemed closer, but then his eyes met hers and she quickly looked away and back to the front again. It was true that Taemin looked at her very intensely, so intensely it made her burn inside, but that was only because he was, after all, a very charismatic person and he desired her ually. Only that.

“How do we look at each other?” Sora mumbled trying not to give any importance to it.

“As if...you are close.”

Sora didn't expect that “Close?”

“Yes, as if you know each other well. Like couples do, like mother and dad did, with admiration and love I guess.”

“I don't love him!” The idea was ridiculous, however admiration...she ran her fingers on the chain of the swing, she did admire him to an extent. He was working hard at the company, he had good ideas and in a few months grew up a lot. He wasn't what he seemed to be, he was way more mature than she thought and that night he was amazing helping her and taking care of Sun-Young.

“Doesn't matter. I like him. If you date him it would be good.”

“Well, it's time.” Taemin’s words interrupted their conversation and Sora immediately got up from her swing.

“Can I say goodbye to Min Jun?” Sora’s sister asked and Taemin nodded even before Sora was able to.

“You are super cool. Oppa?” Sun-Young asked cutely and Taemin chuckled.

“Oppa is good! Take care and don't get in trouble again!” He warned her and she smiled nodding. Sora furrowed her brow hating the flirty and cute conversation going on.

“Please don't run away from my sister! She is y but a good woman!” Sora raised her hand to slap the back of Sun-Young’s head but she ran away.

Taemin laughed watching the young couple reunion a few meters away from them.

“They make a nice couple.” Sora said trying to ignore her sister’s last comment.

“They do. He is a good boy and...I won't.” Sora’s eyes darted to Taemin. The passion and intensity were there once again and she swallowed hard.

“I won't run away from you. You don't scare me.”

He should be scared though.

“I actually have a request to make.”

Sora raised her eyebrows wondering what he wanted. Maybe he would ask to meet later for another of their steamy affairs.

“I know you will probably say no but this is something we talked about earlier and I truly want to do it with you!”

“Do what?” Did he mean some stuff?! She didn't remember them talking about anything she didn't want to do.

“I was thinking of taking my dog out for a walk and I was wondering if you want to come with us.”

Sora apprehensively thought about his suggestion. It was true that she said she would want to meet his dog and that she owed him after how much he helped her that night.

“Alright.”

There was a small hint of surprise on his face but it quickly turned into a smile.

“Also, here take this.” He grabbed Sora’s hand and opened her fist, gently massaging her open fingers so he could place the lighter he stole from one of the boys at the abandoned house. She thought he tossed it away after that small display of his devil characteristics but apparently, he forgot. “Keep it.”

She accepted wondering why he gave it to her and what should she do with it.

“Goodnight Sora. I would kiss you but…” He moved his head in the direction of her sister and gently caressed her hand again before releasing it.

Sora stared at the lighter on her hand slowly realizing that giving it to her was only an excuse for him to touch her. She raised her head to see Taemin walk away, Min Jun going with him.

“Let's go?” Sun- Young asked stretching her arms sleepily in the air and Sora followed her, in the opposite direction of the boys.

When you play with fire you get burned. Taemin said he was the devil and the more she got involved with him the more her risks of getting hurt increased. But lately when she looked at him - even when he was acting though and threatening to burn down the abandoned house - she only saw someone that wasn't much different from her. Someone that felt lonely even if he was surrounded by a lot of people, someone that needed desperately to be understood, a wounded soul.

Sora placed the lighter on the pocket of her coat. It was dangerous and yet she wanted to keep him close. He was helping her, she needed him. Besides, his warmth was addicting and slowly he was melting the walls around her heart.

She could count all the friends she had with the fingers of one hand.

And now she had a new one even though he was supposed to be her enemy.

 

 

Two weeks later

 

Nari leaned over the counter watching Jonghyun while he struggled to button and the top button of his shirt. It's been like that for a few minutes after he tried five different ones and choose which coat to wear.

“ed.” Nari suggested moving the box cutter over another tape, opening the box of new materials.

“Thanks.” Jonghyun mumbled finally making a decision and putting his coat on.

“You look perfect. Your date will love it.”

“I…” he took a deep breath as if only the thought of it made him nervous. “It’s not a date. She only wants to talk about my writing.”

“Hum…” Nari pulled out a big bottle of glue from inside the box and placed it on the counter. “So she is like...an editor?”

“No. Honestly I don't even know what she does for a living.”

“It does sound like a first date to me.”

“It’s not and I don't want my expectations to raise.” He moved his fingers nervously on the counter, his eyes moving to the clock Nari had on the wall.

“Even if it is early you should go. It's better to not be late.”

“Yeah ...I better...I ...bye.”

He turned around immediately and Nari chuckled finding it adorable “Good luck!”

He groaned passing by Jinki that entered the store at the same moment Jonghyun left. Jinki watched him go, surprised that Jonghyun didn't even notice his presence. Usually, he would glare at him and watch every move he did around Nari as if he was her father.

“He seems different.”

Nari beamed at Jinki’s presence and quickly placed all materials on the counter so that she could join him.

“He is going on a date.”

“Good!” The idea seemed to please Jinki too much and Nari frowned. “A busy overprotective hyung is all I want.”

Nari giggled and stood on tiptoes to kiss him. Jinki leaned forward closing the distance making her fall back on her heels and kissed her slowly. It was more than a greeting and butterflies danced inside her stomach. They were dating now and still she wasn't used to seeing him almost every day or used to the constant kissing and skinship.

His hand moved on her back and even over her clothes it made her skin burn. Besides making out they didn't do more and it seemed he wanted to go slow but sometimes the way he touched and kissed her showed that he needed more. She did too and Nari knew that eventually, she wouldn't be able to resist him.

When his hand moved down to her she pulled away and went back to the counter to put everything on it away. He didn't say anything and followed after her.

“You came late today.” She remarked looking at him from behind the counter. He was now wandering around the store, slowly finding his way to where the candles he always bought were.

“I had to visit my sister before coming.”

Nari wondered if he was going through with the promises he made her and told his sister about her.

“Can I ask you something?” She questioned watching him come back with the usual candle in his hand.

“Sure.”

He placed it safely over the counter and Nari grabbed it. “Why do you always buy the same candle? It's been years and it is all you ever got.”

Jinki smiled to himself, his eyes darting off to something behind her “It's a gift.” His eyes met hers “It's a gift to someone special.”

“Your mother?” It couldn't be a girlfriend since he was with her.

“No.”

Nari blinked her eyes and grabbed the wrapping paper from behind her. Maybe it was for his father or his sister.

She turned around and diligently wrapped it.

“Why do you always wrap it?” He didn't even need to ask, he wasn't sure if he ever asked anyway.

“You said it's a gift to someone special to you so…”

From the corner of her eye, Nari watched his hand move and fall over hers on the counter. She looked up and he smiled tenderly at her his fingers caressing her skin, It was so comforting and different from the way he made her body heat up. Different from the kisses and the way he caressed her cheeks and neck while they made out in his car as if he was trying really hard to keep them away from other parts of her body.

“Maybe…” He hesitated and swallowed hard. Whatever he was going to say was important “Maybe someday I will introduce that person to you.”

She had no idea who that person was but whoever that was it was someone really important to him and meeting her or him would be a big step in their relationship.

Nari leaned over the counter and kissed his lips softly. “I’ll be waiting.”

She did wait all that time for him to notice her, for him to date her and she would wait for his heart to open up to her also.

His eyes burned with passion and Nari predicted what his next move would be. He held her hand over the counter and pulled her to him. He cupped her face with his hands and pulled her to his lips, his tongue them wanting eagerly to taste her. She parted hers and hummed when a part of him entered her, lovingly kissing her as if she was a part of him. Nari whimpered grasping his arms and without breaking the kiss he walked around the counter to join her. That made her laugh against his lips the passion turning into playfulness. He found the moment funny too and smiled against her lips, pulling her to his body. They fit so perfectly on each other's arms and the thought made Nari ache inside. He pushed her against the counter kissing her so eagerly that she feared that he would pull her up into the counter and take her just like she watched once in one of her y movies. Jinki probably thought the same because his hands moved down to her waist and his hips pushed her once again against the counter.

The sound of the doorbell made Nari push him away and he stumbled back quickly regaining his control. Nari acted as if nothing happened and greeted the new customer that didn't seem to notice the flirting smiles Nari and Jinki changed or the way he laughed eyeing Nari’s red lips.

 

“I read all of your work!” Eunsook confessed excited and Jonghyun giggled embarrassed grabbing his mug with coffee.

That wasn't a date. They were just two acquaintances meeting at the usual coffee shop to chat for a while.

“I’m honored.”

“I absolutely loved the mystery piece you wrote for the magazine special. The one with the girl that meets a demon.”

“That's one of my favorites too.”

“I was so surprised when they revealed that her uncle was the one who tried to kill her.” Jonghyun chuckled proudly. “And I also like the one about the bar and that woman that was too busy to fall in love. Jonghyun ssi you are an amazing writer!”

“You truly read all of it!”

“Of course! I’m your fan, your number one fan. Please tell me I am!”

Jonghyun blushed eyeing the mug in front of him, unable to face her. “I...Don’t know what to say!”

“You need to publish a book!”

“I'm trying.” He took a deep breath and leaned forward speaking excitedly “I’m writing a manuscript right now. It’s a thriller about a woman that wakes up in an abandoned cellar and doesn't remember who she is.”

“Oh, it sounds so interesting already.”

“It’s taking me a while though. It’s hard to concentrate at times.”

“You should stop working at the candle shop so you can have more time for writing.”

“Ah, I can't. Nari, the owner gave me a free room to sleep in and I help her that way. Besides the solo reason I am living there is because of all the scents of the candles. It might sound weird but they inspire me to write.”

Eunsook eyes shined with admiration and she drank her coffee. “You speak like a true writer.”

“But all this time we have been talking about me. What about you?” He cleared his throat “What do you do for a living?”

“I have a major in Psychology and I’m working at my family’s foundation for people suffering from Alzheimer's.”

“Wow, that seems interesting!”

“Well, sometimes it is. I like the part where I actively work with the families but the bureaucracy and all the social events I have to attend because of it tires me up.”

“I see.”

“Not as interesting as being a writer.” She waved her hand in the air and looked out the window seeming rather bored, her eyes now dull.

“You don't like it then.”

“I do most of the time. Being from a rich and important family turns the enjoyment way down though.”

Jonghyun smiled and turned his mug around for Eunsook to read the quote in it “We always have the mugs switched.”

“Change your life.” She read out loud. Eunsook smiled and then turned hers to him. “Do we?”

“Always listen to your inner goddess.” was written on it and she laughed out loud seeing the change on Jonghyun’s expression while he read it.

He grinned touching his chest “She must be here somewhere, I’m sure.”

Eunsook laughed and the dullness was once again away from her which he was thankful and delighted for. Being able to bring her mood up was a win for him.

“You know what?! I just had this incredible crazy idea.”

He raised one eyebrow curiously.

“We should work together. I can take you to the foundation and you could listen to people’s stories and write about them. I’m sure everyone would love to tell you about them and that can help you get more noticed too. We can publish your story on our social media accounts.”

The idea pleased Jonghyun. He was a writer for the sole reason that he wanted to write about others. “That would be fantastic.”

“ Great! I’ll make the suggestion and then call you with more details!”

Jonghyun nodded eyeing Eunsook enamored while she got up and got ready to leave. “I must go now and go back to work since I'm already late!”

Jonghyun got up to help her but she didn't give him time and left. He stared out the window watching her leave to her car and sat back on his chair. Their “date” was the shortest ever and even though she praised his writing skills and even found a way to help him creatively and professionally they didn't speak much about her and both of them. She was a psychologist, she was rich and her family was famous but besides that, he still knew nothing about the woman he had a crush on.

He sighed eyeing the mug with the funny quote about listening to their inner goddess. A soft touch on his cheek followed by a floral scent made him turn his head. Eunsook was beside him and she just kissed his cheek. He raised a hand to it and touched it as if he wanted to keep the warmth there.

“Thank you.”

He stared at her, wondering what he did to deserve such a blessing like that but she only smiled and left again, taking his heart with her.

Jonghyun’s mouth hung open while he watched her walk back to her car. She seemed happy, a spring on her step and he found himself smiling too.

Maybe that was indeed a date. Maybe he was changing his life and she was releasing her inner goddess.

Damn that coffee shop was good.

 

 

“Let’s sit here.” Taemin suggested stopping beside a rock. Sora that was holding Adam’s, Taemin’s golden retriever, leash handed it to him.

At first, she didn't even want to enter the same car as them but eventually, Taemin convinced her. After a long ride to the beach together with the big dog on the back seat panting and yawning cutely she end up relaxing. Once they arrived he leashed the dog and they walked along the beach together. Every time Adam tried to get closer to Sora Taemin would pull him away. Eventually, the dog calmed down and Sora stopped shrieking every time he tried to jump at her.

Then he challenged her to be the one holding the leash which she did still eyeing the dog suspiciously.

She was a bit tired so his suggestion was a good idea. Sora sat over the rock eyeing the ocean in front of her, inhaling the fresh sea mist.

Taemin called Adam closer and unleashed him which made her quickly pull her legs up the rock afraid.

“He won't hurt you. Adam sit!” The dog did what he asked sitting in front of her but Sora didn't even move. “Pet him. He won't hurt you.”

She looked at Taemin incredulous and he only smiled “Trust me.”

She bit her lower lip uncertain, her eyes on the dog. He tilted his head raising one of his ears listening to the waves behind him. She moved her hand hesitantly in the direction of Adam but stopped in mid-air, “I can't do it.”

“I'll help you. Can I?” Taemin asked sitting beside her. She looked at him from the corner of her eye. He was so close and smelled great. That day he looked extremely handsome too, wearing casual clothes, a simple blue hoodie over jeans. He looked like the boy next door, the boyfriend type.

“A-lright…”

He grabbed her hand gently making her look at him and then placed it over Adam’s head, his hand on top of hers. Sora looked at the dog apprehensively but he only waved his tail while Taemin guided her hand over its fur.

“I told you he wouldn't hurt someone I care for.”

She swallowed hard pretending that his words didn't reach her because of the wind. Slowly he took his hand from over hers and she carefully petted the dog a few more times before taking her hand. Adam delighted with his recently acquired freedom run all the way down to the sea, sniffing the seafoam while wagging his tail.

“You are not scared of Adam anymore.” Taemin said beside her “It makes me happy.”

Sora hugged her knees against her and watched while Adam ran around, trying hard not to look at Taemin that was so close to her.

He got up stretching, his tall figure covering the sun from her. “It's good to see two of my friends get along.”

“Friends…” She repeated.

“Aren't we?” he let his arms fall beside his body.

She recently reached that realization, that somehow they weren't strangers anymore “Yes, I suppose we are.”

Taemin raised his hand for her to shake. “Friends?”

That was a peace agreement that wasn't needed anymore since they didn't argue in a very long time. He gained her respect, he was even gaining some admiration even if she hated to admit it.

Sora grabbed his hand and Taemin's lips parted into a huge mischievous smile. She barely had time to realize what was happening because he quickly pulled her to him, off from the rock and down to the sand. He let himself fall on his beside her and she groaned trying to stand up but he pushed her down so that he was leaning over her, his weight supported with his right elbow.

Sora stared into his eyes unable to look away and he caressed her hair, brushing it away from her face. It was a gentle gesture that made her heart beat faster. Friends aren't supposed to make you feel like that. Sora closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. That couldn't be happening to her, not with him.

“Sora…” her name sounded like the most beautiful poetry on his lips “When I am with you I forget everything else.”

Sora scoffed trying to ignore the way his words and his proximity were heating her body and heart “Even your name?”

He chuckled “That too!” He hovered over her lips and his voice lowered so dangerously that it made her ache “Who I am supposed to be.” He brushed his lips against hers “What I am supposed to do.” He kissed her so gently that she had to move her fingers over the sand to see if it was a dream “The past, the pain…” Another kiss, this time longer, more passionate as if he was slowly letting go “Even how this is only a ual relationship.”

This time she raised her head to meet him halfway in another kiss, one that led to another and another. Sora closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck letting her heart rule over everything else. The feeling of his body against hers, the taste of his mouth and the sound and scent of the sea all together was such an amazing experience. She knew then that she would never forget that memory, that moment together.

He pulled away caressing her cheek with one thumb, something shining in his eyes, something that made her chest hurt. She let herself get lost on it and parted her lips to speak “Must be a common disease because I have the same symptoms.” She wished for it to be more. She didn't have the right, she shouldn't but she did.

He smiled leaning down for another kiss, one that wasn't meant for a ual relationship or a friendship. It was something more and she was thankful that they didn't try to name it and were instead living the moment.

That felt new like a first kiss and Sora held into him with all her strength scared to let go. He kissed her so intensely that she let that “disease” win over her.

She forgot all about who he was, that he was the son of the man she hated the most.

 

So kiss me darling kiss me kiss me tonight
Kiss me darling kiss and you'll be all right
Kiss me darling kiss
Your kiss is so wonderful
My love you'll always be

Hello!!!!Once again sorry for the delay.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Yay for Nari and Jinki starting a real relationship and yay for Sora and Taemin getting more serious! Also, Jonghyun got a sweet kiss too. Things seem to go well for our couples but...you know how life (writers cough cough me) can be so cruel. XD
 
Anyway, let's enjoy while it lasts. I think we reached the middle of the fic now. I must finish it! I'll do my best.
 
Also kudos for the ones who noticed similarities between Jonghyun's short stories and my own fics. ehehe Yes he supposedly wrote The Theory of Chaos (my Tae fic) and my oneshot Dugeun Dugeun at Greendubu. Sorry for the small spoilers. lol

Also kudos for the ones that recognized the song used in this chapter. It's been in a couple of k-dramas and I absolutely love it. It's always in the funniest scenes XD Also it fits the amount of kissing in this chapter.
 
Anyway, see you soon. Thank you so much for reading. <3
 

Chat with me on twitter