Avoid her

Unnatural: Warm hands

Sinb woke up earlier before her alarm clock could ever make a sound. She went out of her room and was about to leave the house but her mom came.

"It's still very early, Sinb-ah. Eat breakfast with me first" her mom envited and went to the dining without waiting for Sinb to speak anything, so she was left to follow her mom.
"You seem excited lately. Anything happened?" Sinb only smiled to her mom and started to eat her breakfast
"Is there anything I didn't know?"

"It's nothing, mom"

"Are you sure?" Sinb nod.

"Okay then"

-----

"I tried several things to test further what I could do more. Well, you know, to see if there's something I haven't discovered yet" Sinb actively shared to Yerin as they both waited for their bus to arrive. But they made sure that no one is around that could accidentally hear anything about Sinb's power.

"And do you happen to discover something?"

"I did! I wonder if there's still things that I can do and are yet waiting to be discovered."

"It's great to see you share things to me so freely"

"Of course! Inspite of me being different, you still chose to be my friend. You never made me feel so ashame for who I am, but instead, you helped me to be proud." Yerin warmly smiles as she fluttered

"Give me your hand" Although confused, Sinb obeyed. Yerin intertwined their hands tightly. Sinb giggles with Yerin's action. But behind them is the frowning mom of Sinb watching the scene that the two made.

-----

When Sinb reached home, she hyperly jog upstairs. As soon as she reach her room, to her own surprise, her mom is there; sitting in her bed with her arms crossed.

"Mom. What are you doing here in my room?"

"Are you hiding something from me?" Her mom asked

"I'm not hiding anything"

"Then who's that girl?"

"Girl? You mean Yerin? She's a friend, mom"

"How can you be so sure that she's a friend? If she ever discover about your--"

"She already knew for quiet some time already" her mom stood up from sitting on bed and gave Sinb a glare

"What?! Are you out of your mind?! That girl will ruin you!"

"I can guarantee you that she's not gonna do it mom"

"You can't be sure!" Her mom held Sinb's both shoulder tightly
"Even the most trusted person can betray you, Sinb-ah. So avoid her now!"

"No! She's my only friend, mom. I can't do to her what you want"

"Yes, you can. What I said is what will happen."

"Mom--"

"Avoid her or we'll move into another place again. You choose"

"But--"

"No buts! As long as you cannot totally control all your abilities then you're not allowed to blurt it out to anyone! That may harm you!" Her mom much tighten her hold to Sinb's shoulder
"I'm doing this to protect you, Sinb. In this world, I only have you and I can't afford to lose you" her mom walk pass to Sinb and reach the doorknob, about to leave the room.

"I understand you mom. But you also have to understand me. In my entire life, I have never met a friend who accepts me. The whole me" Sinb whispered with her head low. But her words are still audible to her mom's ear.

"You're wrong, Sinb. That girl may know about your power but she doesn't know even a half of you yet" Sinb turn her back to face her mom with a curious face

"What do you mean?" Her mom sigh

-----

For 2 weeks, Yerin notices Sinb being distant from her. Sinb is avoiding her for some reason that she don't know.

On the way home from the university, Yerin saw Sinb walking alone on the street with her head low.

Yerin run closer to Sinb and link an arm to her. At first, Sinb seemed happy to see Yerin but later on, she frown and let go of Yerin's arm from her. Yerin noticed Sinb's action and frown.

"Did I do anything wrong?" Sinb didn't reply
"Sinb, you're avoiding me. And I know there's a reason behind it." Sinb sigh

Noticing that there isn't alot of people around, Sinb focused her mind then few seconds later, she teleported just a few distance away from Yerin.

"Stop making things hard, Sinb. If you're tired of me then you should atleast tell me!" That hurted Sinb. She's never tired of Yerin, and never will.

But her mom's words are still fresh in Sinb's mind.

She continued to walk without turning back. She can hear Yerin's steps from behind until few moments later, she can feel something different. Something uncomfortable. She stop in her track when she heard loud gasp from behind. As soon as she turn her head, she saw a man with mask covering Yerin's mouth with his hand and is forcefully taking Yerin inside a black cab. Sinb attempted to save Yerin when a cloth suddenly covered her face. Sinb tried to use her power but surprisingly, she was unable to do it. Next thing Sinb knew, she lost her conciousness due to the scent of the cloth that is covering her face, then she was thrown inside the same van as Yerin.

The scene is so fast that the other students who just exits the university and happened to witness the event were unable to save the two and just could do nothing but to ask for help to the nearest authority.

-----

As Sinb opened her eyes, she saw Yerin unconciously sitting in a chair in front of her; hands and feet are tied, mouth is also covered. Sinb is hurt with the image infront of her. She roam her eyes around the place and saw a lot of men chatting and each of them has a weapon hung in their body.

Sinb wants to use her power and escape with Yerin, but then, she remembered her mom's words.

~*flashback*~

The night wherein Sinb and her mom are talking in Sinb's room.

"You're wrong, Sinb. That girl may know about your power but she doesn't know even a half of you yet" Sinb turn her back to face her mom with a curious face

"What do you mean?" She saw her mom sigh

"You're a dangerous being, Sinb. There are things that you haven't discovered yet and you don't have a total control of it. If you keep what you were doing with that girl, then you may end up killing her, or worst, you may end up killing everyone and destroy everything"

"W-why am I like this?" Sinb asked her mom, tears are already falling down to her cheeks.

"Because I failed." Her mom replied with a sad tone before finally leaving Sinb's room.

~*end of flashback*~


Sinb started to refuse to use her power. Eventhough it's the only way she could think of that moment just to escape, but then she's afraid of one thing.


'I might end up killing Yerin'

-----

Yerin's parents and Sinb's mom are inside the police station to talk about the missing Sinb and Yerin.

"So according to those who witnessed the incident, both girls are kidnapped at the same time by the same group of people. But unfortunately, they couldn't identify the culprits since all of them are wearing masks and no one were able to get the plate number of the vehicle used." Yerin's mom end up crying again and Yerin's dad comforted her.

 "What do they want from the girls?" Yerin's mom asked

"I believe it's kidnap for ransom" the police in charge said

Sinb's mom loudly sigh making the people inside look at her. They don't know whether it is a sigh of nervousness or worries, all they knew is that her face is full of anger.