Friend

Unnatural: Warm hands

*beeep!!*


Yerin hurriedly runs her way out of her room after wearing her backpack. She went to the kitchen to kiss her mom's cheek then bid goodbye before running out of the house to meet her dad who's already inside the car, ready to take her to university.

"What took you so long?" Her dad ask as soon as she hop inside the car. Instead of answering, she just gave him her eye smile. Her dad chuckled then started the engine.

-----

She wears her backpack, and checked herself one last time in front of the mirror before going out of her huge dark room. In her way out of the house, she met her mom doing some things in the living room.

"Are you not going to take your breakfast?" asked her mom without removing her gaze to her laptop.

"I don't feel like eating yet" her mom only nods. She bows then left the house.

-----

Yerin is busy with her book as she tries to study as fast as she can while cursing herself for forgetting that they'll be having an exam today.

"Have you heard? New student is coming and they said that this person is totally scary" she heard someone said

"Really?"

"Yes! There's even romours saying that this person has super powers"

"That's impossible. Super powers only exist in movies."

"Well, that's just what I heard from the others"

Yerin don't know but she find herself listening to the gossip. Although in her mind, what they were talking about doesn't make sense at all. Moments later, door went open and a girl went in with her head low. The class went silent and their eyes glued on the girl while she's walking her way at the back of the class to have a seat. Meanwhile Yerin, she thought it was already the teacher since all of her classmates' mouth shut. She went back to her book and went back to her rush studying.

"I'll study till the last minute before the exam. it!"

"Stop. You're not learning anything. I swear" Yerin don't know if it was for her but she felt like it was really intended for her. She turn her gaze to her side and saw a girl which the face is new to her.
"The exam will be delayed" she said calmly. Yerin heard several gasp from her classmates and some even start gossiping.

The new girl was right, the exam was delayed. Yerin wondered how she knew. She notices that the new girl is a silent and serious type.

"Maybe because she's still new" Yerin whispered to herself but the new girl has sharp ears and was able to hear yet chose to ignore it.

-----

Break time, Yerin saw the new girl sitting at the bench alone while reading her book and doesn't even seem to have any plan of eating.

Yerin stares at the new girl without noticing it by herself. That milky white skin, sharp nose, cold yet gorgeously perfect face. The girl looks unique and seems to be too good to be real. Yerin startled when the girl looks at her with a glare.

"What do you want?" The new girl ask. Yerin gulp

'It'll be rude if I say nothing after I stare at her' Yerin thought

"D-do...C-can I... C-can I sit beside you?" Yerin saw the girl sigh then nod before bringing her attention back to her book.

'That was close' Yerin thought as she walks closer to sit beside the girl. Little did she know, the new girl could read her mind and let out a chuckle that is left unnotice by Yerin.

"By the way, I didn't know your name yet" Yerin tried to conversate with her.

"It's Sinb"

"Huh? What kind of mystery?" Sinb chuckled again

"No. Sinb. That's my name" Yerin hit her forehead for not realizing that earlier after being said to her once.

"Y-you sure to have a unique name there" Yerin let out an awkward laugh.

-----

Sinb is silently walking on the streets, heading her way home. As usual, she's quite, alone and has a cold face. But she wasn't the same on the inside. She silently gets jealous when group of friends pass by her. She wished she could be one of them, or atleast have someone to be called a friend.

~*flashback*~

*preeeettt!*

The game has started as soon as they heard the PE teacher's whistle. It was a girls versus boys basketball, and basically, boys have an advantage on the game.
Sinb serves as a guard and there, she saw one of her boy classmate who's holding the ball fastly approaching closer to shoot the ball.

"Sinb, he's on your way!" Sinb spread her arms wide open to stop him but he purposely bump her hard like how boys normally play basketball, not caring that Sinb is a girl. Sinb fell on the ground so hard making her wince in pain, but no one went to check her as the game continues.

"He's gonna shoot it now!" When Sinb heard one of her teammate said, she hurriedly stood up and raise her hand trying to stop him, forgetting the abnormality she has. As soon as the palm of her hand faced the back of her classmate, he froze. The ball fell on the ground but no one dares to pick it up. The boy shouted in pain as he can feel it within his chest like as if his heart is squeezed tightly. Sinb's eyes wided and took her hands down making the boy to fell on the ground, Sinb hides her hands but it was too late for her since her classmates already saw everything including their teacher. Her classmates are taking some steps away from her while Sinb slowly turn her gaze back to the boy whom she accidentally attack with her abnormal power. He was coughing then later on split blood out from his mouth. Sinb started to tremble.

"I-I'm sorry....I-I'm s-sorry...." Sinb keeps on repeating those words and started to cry.

-----

Sinb is standing inside her room, hands are secured with tight gloves while her mom is hitting her back part with a stick.
Sinb will wince in pain and let out a loud sound of her cries whenever the stick hit her back body part.

"I already told you to control!" Her mom madly said and hits her with the stick again

"I-it was an accident. I-I didn't do it on purpose." Her mom hit her again but this time she made it in multiple times consicutively until the stick breaks into half. Sinb continued to cry but was unable to let out a sound anymore due to pain. Her mom sigh

"You stay here at home. I need to go to your school and fix your mess. I'll make sure those kids won't be able to reveal your ability. By next week, we'll move out"

"A-again? But we just moved in here, mom"

"If only you know how to control that powers of yours then we wouldn't be moving to different places!!" Sinb turn her head down. Her mom let out another sigh
"Forget it. As soon as I leave your room, start packing your things" her mom caress Sinb's hair
"I'm doing this to protect you" then she left after saying that.

~*end of flashback*~


Sinb let out a deep sigh as she remembered the event. It was already a long time ago back when she's still in her early year of high school, but it created an impact to her. She have been accidentally showing off her powers and cause damages but that event was the worst since she already have hurted someone badly. People started to avoid her since rumour about her having powers spreads too fast even though her mom have already tried to shut the mouths of her classmates who witnessed the event.

While in her deep thoughts, Sinb felt multiple small drops of water touch her skin, then slowly, rain poured down. Sinb runs to the bus stop to prevent herself from getting soaked.

"Huh? It's you again. Sinb" Sinb looks beside her and it was no other than Yerin.
"I see, you also forgot to bring your umbrella like me." Yerin laughed. Sinb got a bit amazed at how she could laugh over smallest things
"But I don't even have any idea that it'll rain today. How 'bout you Sinb, do you?" Sinb shook her head. Yerin smiled.
"You look pale, are you cold?"

"No" Sinb shortly answered but Yerin doesn't seem to believe. She took off her blazer and put it around Sinb's shoulder.
"Why are you doing this?"

"You seem cold, that's why" Yerin shrugged.

'Could she be... a friend?' Sinb thought

"Oh, dad's here. I gonna go now Sinb. Nice to meet you by the way" Yerin said and runs to hop in her dad's car.
Sinb was left with the blazer still around her.