3 Years

3 Years

Yixing was shocked. He didn't expect this when he heard the door open.  His four year old son, Wenhan, started tugging on his hand.

"Mama? Who is that?" Wenhan asked while looking between his mother and the man sitting in the living room. He started to pout when he was shushed and told to sit on the other couch.

When his son sat down, Yixing crossed his arms. "What do you want?"

The man smiled at the both of them. "Hey Xing. I'm back from the store."

Silence.

Wenhan became a little scared at the expression on his mother's face. It was blank before a scowl started to form. Yixing scoffed at the answer he was given.

"Really? The store?"

Yixing clenched his jaw when the man nodded.

"You've been gone for three years Luhan!"

Wenhan, who was still pouting, started to tear up. He got up from the couch and tugged his mother's shirt. "Mama? Are you mad?"

The glare Yixing was sending Luhan softened when he looked at his son.

"If you think I'm mad at you Hannie, I'm not. I'm sorry I raised my voice." Yixing wiped his son's eyes and the two exchanged dimpled smiles.

When Luhan shifted, the two turned their heads to him. One with confusion on their face and the other with disappointment.

"Mama, I still don't know who this is."

Yixing sighed, reluctant to give the actual answer. But the curious look his son had, made him want to. Yixing opened his mouth, ready to answer but he was interrupted by Luhan.

"I'm your father Wenhan."