The Calm Thereafter

Their Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was clear to both of them that they liked each other. They may not be officially together but what was there to doubt when they were just like any other couple. Jimin had even told her his feelings  right in the beginning of their so called friendship. Mina liked him too, she accepted his friendship to see how they could work out but looking at the current situation, she was having second thoughts. He was drifting away and she was powerless to stop that. Maybe liking isn't enough for two people to be together or maybe he stopped liking her !!!

 

 

Mina and Momo were told that they'd be a part of a contemporary dance number along with some other idols. 

 

Their manager had dropped them to the practice place. They greeted the other idols, Mina was familiar with them being her fellow participants in the rhythmic gymnastics.

 

Their dance teacher was starting to teach them the basics. They were told two male idols would  join them too. 

 

What Mina didn't expect was to see him? They both looked surprised to see each other. They hadn't contacted each other for almost two weeks.They didn't expect whatever the thing between them to become that awkward!

 

Jimin could see she was avoiding him. She stuck with Momo or the other girls all the time so he didn't get a chance to talk with her.

 

She was angry and she had the right to be. Amidst her busy schedule she never forgot to keep in touch with him. It was him who drifted away. She understood he was busy. She too was but didn't he have even a little time to send back even a message to her ?

She stopped texting him as she felt he was supposed to be responsible too. 

 

She had many questions to ask him. She was angry but she needed to clarify some things.

 

They would meet almost every other day but was killing him was that they were back to square one. She wouldn't acknowledge him. She would be busy practising her part and mingling with their fellow idols. He even called and texted her but got no reply from her. So this was how it feels?

 

He could understand her now. He was busy practising for the special performances which were too many and also his group's upcoming tour and other schedules. He worked hard like always to give the best he could. Even s mentioned he was the one who would always practice a little extra. He made new friends and got acquainted again with old ones as he met them during practices. He wasn't someone who could easily reject his friends' offer to hang out together. Besides it's been a long time since he got those chances. 

 

In the midst of it all, he forgot her. Well he didn't actually, she would never leave his mind. But their calls and messages lessened as days rolled by. The timing wasn't right too. He would be out with s or friends when she called or practising.

 

When he met her to practice for one of the stages he'd be in, he too didn't expect to see her. It hurt to see her sad face. Her ignoring him just added to it.

 

They were near yet so far away!

 

This time, Jimin was the one trying to reach out to Mina. He knew he had somehow hurt her. He resolved to make amends for his behaviour.

 

It was 3 days before their dance performance he sought for help from Momo so he could get some alone time with her. When Momo heard the favour being asked from her from Hoseok, she had flatly refused at first. She had seen Mina, more like a sister to her visibly upset over the past weeks. It made her angry that Jimin was behind it. She   wanted to protect her from being hurt again but when Hoseok explained that the two just needed to talk it out, she finally agreed on one condition that if Mina got hurt more in the process, then she would deal with her sister friend's friend herself!

 

They had finished practising that night. Momo asked Mina to accompany her to the park nearby. When they were settled on the swings side by side, she got up reasoning she wanted to go buy drinks from the nearby convenience store. Mina offered to go with her but she refused the help.

 

 

"You came back too early, Momoring...," Mina looked back when she heard footsteps approaching from behind.

He could see she was surprised to see him.

 

She stopped mid sentence on seeing it was him.

She had been avoiding him all this time. She thought she was succeeding but then she knew she had been lyi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter