Pain of The Hearts

Counting The Stars

Birds are chirping, winds swayed elegantly passed the countless trees, though the sun still not shown, the scouts already set to the wide court. And it repeated, Chaeng find himself stares at the white-skinned girl. His eyes roaming around her face features. He falls for her presence, he lost fron the reality scenes. He fall to deep that he thought he will never get back. 

The girl turns, unconsciously met their eyes. Eyes locked makes the other blurry, hearts both jumping in glory, the two lost in their own world feeling lovely. Time felt stopped, the wild butterflies fly over between, it's a minute but he felts it's worth a hundred years.

"Chaeng?"

Deep husky voice waken him to the reality, cutting the invisible between the two. He change his gaze to the voice owner, meet the owner pair of wide eyes. 

"What's it, Chen?" His gaze showed a bit disappointment.
"Nothing. Just make sure you're still here. You look lost.......in her charms" the tall boy who grins in front him only making him frustrated, carelessly breaking his beautiful moment with her loved one. 

Chaeng sighed and turns to the previous side, face darken in instant, she's no longer there. Closing his eyes, to control over his anger.

 


Chaeng and Chen are sat on the big rocks behind the crowds of the other participants. Eyes are scanning hard, the goosebumps are ups. The morning chilling feels to their bones, stomachs are empty without brunch, waiting the sun to rise in hope. 

Suddenly, a familiar scented perfume striking Chen nose. Face brighten in instant, smiling widely like a weirdo. Chaeng looks at him in confuse, which turns into a exaggerated  expression when seeing a girl with squirrel plushie comes. 

"Sana noona?" The girl coming smiling wide, but darken vaguely when Chen calls in honorific. Chaeng raise a brow, notice her changes but Chen not. 

"Chewy~ I miss you" Disapproving look appears again in Chaeng face, feels in disgust with the two over-sweet acts and talks. 

He swears in mind. He saw gorgeous butterflies around, pink sparks, suffocating aura of dangerous thing called love, hearty eyes, and indescribable passions between the two. Inside, He felt a bullet shot him in the head, did he like that to when Dahyun around? Or God been playing around with him?

Chaeng realise, that he always stuck. He stuck between his scout mates who sick in love, he stuck between uncomfortable moments like now, he stuck fighting with his feeling for a girl named Kim Dahyun. And he hates it more because the girl is too dense and it feels not gonna be easy path. 

He turn his gaze, unconsciously found her......laughing sweetly with someone he didn't know. He will not lie for this, because he really hates it. He hates it when the one who makes Kim Dahyun laugh is not him, he hates it when the reason she is happy is not him. He's not greedy, he just dislike it. 

Chaeng just sat expressionless, glaring at the scene of laughing Dahyun. Heart are set on fire, blood are rushed in burn, hot is his feels. Feeling a  drastic atmosphere changing, Chen turns to his little friend. Chen felt a fire surround him, ready to kill in bittersweet. His eyes examines, understand disease in his heart. 

"Chaeng" He call him, only get replied with a hum. Chaeng responds but eyes never leave. 
"Let's get back to Junyoung. He might search for us." Chaeng sighed, obey Chen who left earlier with the older girl. He take a last glance, before left with heavy steps. 

The sun finally rises, the scouts participants that crowding the court already sit in line neatly. Chaeng stared at the sky, those scenes kept repeating in mind. Behind him is Mohiko, who smiles naughtily to the girls participant next to them. 

"Guys, let's get back to the tent." In front them is another tall boy, who stands up to leave. 

Hears no respond from his mates,  The boy looked at them, unamused face started to appears. Chaeng finally notice, quickly tell the others. Chen and Mohiko stands up in hurry, Junyoung hissed. 


Laying down, staring blankly at the tent ceiling. Chaeng lose his appetite and refuse to eat his meals, which Mohiko gladly eat. The scenes kept replaying, his heart always felt stings. He put his hand over his forehead and close his eyes, searching for peace.

"What's wrong with that dude?" Junyoung whispered to Chen. 
"He's wasted" Junyoung frowns about his answer.
"It's that bunny girl's friend....?" Chen just glanced and lied down.
"He just don't know what is give up means" Chen closed his eyes, prepare to sleep. Not before Junyoung kicks his thigh.
"Get up and go get some water" Chen groans.

Chen leaves, bought a empty gallon with him. Junyoung eyes never leave Chaeng. He shakes his head and decides to go, search for a certain bunny teeth. 

 

There she is. Enjoying a cherry lolly with a bunny bag placed over her shoulder. In his eyes, she looks so cocky. Swaying her legs like a kid, sit carelessly on the big rock like a boss, and chatting over with her mates. 

"Oi, rabbit!" The girl turns faced him, smirks drawed as she gets down approaching him.
"Looks! Who is coming, it's Mr. Yoo" Junyoung clicked his tongue in annoyance.
"Alright, Im Nayeon. I'm not coming here for playing with you. I want to talk something serious that involves our friends. So please, stop that bratty daddy girl act of you" Junyoung tried to be patient.
"Bratty daddy girl? You know I'm always daddy girl. And the daddy is you, Mr. Yoo." She winked, making him unamused. 
"I'm trying become nice here, Im Nayeon. Can you please appreciate it?" His words affected, Nayeon rolled her eyes.
"Alright, what kind of serious topic you want to talk about?" She cross her arms.
"It's about your friend, Kim Dahyun" Nayeon raised her brow.
"What's wrong with her?" Junyoung step back as Nayeon leaned in.
"Tell her to stop torturing my little bro. He's dying" His words sounds a joke, but his face remains serious.
"What she do to him?" 
"It's the same thing you do to me, rabbit. You shot me"

 

The sun shines strongly, too strong that Chaeng felt his skins are burning. He felt more irritated since their activity now is exploration. He must walking around till it's finish, he must solve the nonsense mission the scout trainers give at the not so comfortable base, his uniform sticks to his body due the sweat, and his mates who never serious keep buy some time. Chaeng start to feel aching in his head, seems like everything not gonna work for him today. 

"Are you okay?" He turns to the voice owner, finding a cute girl who look like a squirtle eyeing him in worry. 
"....I'm okay. Just some fatigue caused by sunlight" he smiled weakly, somewhat feeling glad about her concern.
"You are.......Chen's friend right?" Chaeng look at her again, a bit suprised with the question.
"Yes. Why?" The girl now smiling widely, Chaeng swear can tear apart because of her wide smile.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Yeri, Chen's old friend" the girl offered a hand shake, he think about it twice before accept her hand.
"Which group you're from?" 
"Do you know Irene? She's my group leader" 
"Oh, Irene noona? I know her. Me and her used to be neighbors back then" 
"Really? Then you must be know her pretty well" Chaeng raised his brow when Yeri smile turns into grins that feel familiar but not so good means.
"Not really. We just greet normally and talking some cliche stuff" 
"Cliche stuff? Are you sure?" Chaeng frowns due her mischievous voice tone.
"Yeah. Like stuff we just talk about" Yeri grin turn into her normal expression after hearing his answer.
"That must be very cliche" 
"Yeah" 

Chaeng don't know, but he feel comfortable already with her. It's unusual since he rarely has female friends. Maybe because her friendly side? He don't know but he glad. 

"So...What's your name? We talked many things but you never mention your name" Chaeng mentally slaps himself, how dare he talk to someone comfortably without knowing her name?
"Son Chaeng. I'm in class 1-B with Chen" 
"Oh, we're same class! Why I don't realise you're same class with me?!"
Chaeng chuckled at the sight of her panic expression, it's so funny.
"Maybe because you're too busy? I see you always talk with others and left the class early during break"
"....right. I can't help it. Yewon and Shin always annoy me" Chaeng chuckled once again, this girl is really funny.


"Tch! Look at him. Few minutes ago, he's like a depressed psycho. Now, he's like the most happiest drugs addict." Junyoung commented, while chewing gum. 
"Yeah, he sure like girls" Chen added.
"How did you know how depressed psycho and drugs addict acts, Junyoung? Are you one of them?" Mohiko ask, earning a wtf face of the other two.
"Mo, you're seriously has no...forget it" Junyoung sighed. 
"I want to tell you something" Chen suddenly said.
"About what? You and that squirrel face girl will get married?"
"Really?! No! I don't accept this marriage! You're too young" Mohiko reacts, Chen and Junyoung facepalm mentally.
"No! I just want to say that Yeri lied. Me and her are not old friends. I just know her when I got into same class with her. Everything she does there, almost all of it is fake" 
"Well...she's been contaminated with Joy, the school evil one" 
"Who's Joy?" Mohiko ask again....


"See....I know you will act like this, Chaeng. And then, you keep saying you love me..." Sigh escaped, Dahyun saw it. She saw him being close to other person, which she don't know why would she dislike it. She didn't like him isn't she?

"Let's just forget it..."