Chapter 2

To Counter The Opposite

Wow first chapter and I already got some upvotes! Shout out to: aiiyth, nineothree, taeng_sica, and mzlyod, thank you guys! (I'm really thankful) I hope that I wouldn't let you down as the fic continues. :)


Chapter 2

Lipstick: check, High heels: check, hair style: check, check, check, check. The song has a great timing though.

Ok that seems to be everything. "Omma! I'm heading in now!"

"Good luck at the university Taeyeon-ah! Give us a call sometime okay? Text me too, when you've settled everything in." There's that worried expression again. Mom I'll be fine.

"Will do. Love you, omma!" I shouted as I see her set off.

There's a day left and here I am fixing the unit's interior and all my belongings. I hope my dorm mate would actually like the interior. I actually don't know who would be living with me so I made it all neutral in a way most of the population will think it's fine.

Just as I was about to organize my cabinet, someone came knocking at the door. I guess that might be my dorm mate. 

And I guessed wrong. "Yo yul. What brings you here?" Something about her scratching her neck bothers me. "Taeng! I forgot to bring my charger." 

Good thing I brought a spare. I handed her my charger. "Soo's not in your place yet?" 

The reason why I wasn't living with Yuri was that I had decided late about living in the dormitory of the university. I thought that driving would be enough but then all those constant back and forth from home to school (for the application of scholarship) made me realize that driving costs a lot, both in terms of money and in time. Thus, me settling at the dorm.

"Nah, she'll be coming here tomorrow. She made me fix her side of the unit." Looks like she's in the same situation as I am.

"Water?"

"Yeah. Sure. Thanks." 

Maybe I should ask Yuri to help me out. "Yul are you done setting up at your place?" She quickly finished drinking her water. Must be that tired huh? "I was gonna ask you that. I kinda wanted your opinion regarding the interior." 

"Yul I'm an aspiring architect, not an interior designer." I'm just lazy actually. Doing our unit was tiring enough.

"Aww come on Taeng. It's not like I'll ask you to decide for all the placing of the furniture. I just need your opinion." Ugh fine.

•••

Remind me not to give in into Yuri's requests again. She practically made me do all the deciding. So much for 'I just need your opinion'. This time, we're back at my unit with her helping me out. Good thing my closet was the only thing left for me to set. 

I told Yuri to order food for us and here we are currently eating Japanese food while watching 'Voice'. This drama is quite interesting actually. Imagine all the things I could do when I have a super hearing like that. I can practically stalk anyone. Ok that sounds creepy. 

Oh wait. I think I can hear something, footsteps coming towards the door. Hey I hear it coming closer. Hmmm such mystery. What if I have the ability too?

"Oi Taeng. Someone's knocking at your door." Ok I think I've watched too much drama. "I'll get it. Might be my dorm mate." Yuri ushered me to open the door.

For the second time, I was wrong. When is my dorm mate even getting here? "I'm guessing it wasn't your dorm mate?"

"It was the security. He was double checking the list of occupants." It kinda feels disappointing. 

"Oh did you tell him unit owner 315 was here?" I hummed in response. 

"I wonder what kind of girl she is."

"Who?" I asked as I passed the empty bowl to Yuri. Thank God she decided to do the dishes. I'm being awfully lazy today.

"Your dorm mate duh." Oh right. "I just wish she's a neat person." 

"What if she isn't ?" What if she isn't? Well..."You got my back don't you, pal?" I asked her pleading with all my might.

"Eww are you trying aegyo at me? Won't work Taeng. And no I won't exchange units with you. I already got Soo as my chef so no thanks." She answered, looking at me with disgust. Aish this cocky Yul.

"Wow you're such a supportive friend." I said with a hint of sarcasm. "I know right! I'm even washing your dishes right now." Point taken.

I helped Yuri finish cleaning up in the kitchen. It wasn't long till we found ourselves bored again. Not good. But you know what's good? 

"You wanna get ice cream?" Ice cream shall be the answer. I see her eyes sparkle with the mention of ice cream. I swear the key to our gang's heart is ice cream. Ice cream is always good.

And there goes Yuri "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go to the ice cream shop!" Kkab Yul for you.

The ice cream shop was a 6-minute walk from the dorm. As soon as my hand pushed the glass door, I swore to myself that it was the best scent I have ever smelled my entire life. The smell of various ice cream flavors and all their goodness!

"So Taeng. You never told me how Tiffany managed to catch your attention back then." She asked while casually eating her chocolate ice cream. I raised my eye brow at her thinking why the sudden question.

"Well to my defense, Tiffany was very beautiful and we all know that." She still is now.

"That's true. She's really pretty."

I paused for a while thinking of other things to say. "And I think that's about it."

"You're lame Taeng. You had a bunch of study 'dates' with her and you still didn't make a move. Why? I was pretty sure that Tiffany wouldn't mind dating you." Hey don't blame me. I might be aual for all I know. And does Tiffany even swing that way? Why do they always worry about me being less social and....single? "I guess I was still too engrossed with my studies? You know my priorities." 

I see Yuri scrunching her eye brows in confusion and then let out a breath. "You know...Honestly I also had a huge crush on Tiffany back then but it was right after junior high." 

"I knew." How could I not? I may not be into relationships but I'm not dense when it comes to my friends' feelings. "I was wondering when you'll tell me." I added.

"I guess I thought it was weird for me to have a crush on my best friend's ex-crush?" Pfft. I let out a laugh. Seriously Yuri? "What?" She asked. 

"Are you for real? And correction, it was more of like an admiration? Don't hide such things from me. I might even help you catch her heart for you if it helps. You're my best friend Yul. I doubt that relationships would be the first thing that could ruin our bond." I gave her a huge smile that I hope would convinced her that it was fine. 

And it worked. "Thanks, Taeng." She returned a relieved smile.

"By the way, maybe you just haven't found the right person for you?" Why are we back at this again?

"Why so? Don't you think that I might just have really high standards? As in really REALLY high?" I wonder about it myself too, sometimes.

"Aigoo. I don't think so. If it's all about the looks then I swear you could've gotten tons of crushes by now. I mean Tiffany's looks got into you. Ok well maybe your physical appearance standard is kinda high but you get what I mean."

I just left her statement as it is. Thinking about it is too bothersome for me. I even think that this choconut ice cream is way better to think about than my loveless life. 

•••

We just got back from the ice cream shop. Man, that ice cream was really good. Gonna rate it a 10 out of 10. The place was really comfy too. Anyway, here we are now, heading towards the elevator.

"Taeng, I think I forgot my keys at your unit."

"Arasseo."

I was about to lead Yuri out the door the moment she got her keys but then as soon as I opened the door, a familiar face greeted us with a pink luggage and a shoulder bag. It looks like she was just about to knock too. 

"Tiffany?"


Ok I know. It's the second chapter and Jessica isn't appearing yet. I'm sorry guys huhu. I'm sorry if the story is kinda slow. Don't worry she'll be there...soon!