CHAPTER 06 (Part 2)

[BTS FF] Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 06 (Part 2)

"Well that wraps up everything we need to learn for today," the teacher says as he took out a small stack of papers from a folder, "Remember your essays are due today so class president please collect them and bring them to my office. Also, reminder that our class field trip to Europe is drawing near. Here are handouts I printed out regarding about our trip, please take one and pass it down."

 

EUN-BYUL POV
Trip? I almost forgot about that...Wait...If it's a trip then maybe, just maybe, that could be my calling.

 

"That is all, class dismissed," the teacher quickly leaves the classroom and I begin to put my journals away in my backpack.

 

3RD PERSON POV
"I pulled an all-nighter for this paper and barely finished it this morning," student three announces as soon as the teacher was out of sight.

 

"My god!" student five replies with a snicker as she placed her essay on the class presidents desk, who was still in the process of putting his things away.

 

"Sooo Eun-Ae? You sure you don't wanna come?" student one asks by the doorway.

 

"It's not too late to change your mind," student five adds in with a smile.

 

"No its alright. You guys go on ahead without me," Eunbyul says as she swung her backpack on.

 

"Okay then. See you Monday!" student one says happily as she purposely slapped the stack of essays off the class presidents desk with a giggle and leaves.

 

EUN-BYUL POV
As soon as they left, I immediately walk up next to the mess and help the class president collect the essays, "here," I say handing him what I've collected.

 

"T-Thank you," he says nervously, fixing his glasses.

 

"I apologize on their behalf, I know they can be real s."

 

He stares at me with wide eyes, like it was something I shouldn't have said.

 

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

 

"N-n-no! Its just that y-you called them—"

 

"s?" I questioned, finishing his sentence.

 

He nods sheepishly.

 

"Well it's the truth isn't it? They are what they are and they won't change unless something bad falls upon their family businesses," I say bluntly, "Their functioning because their family business is functioning."

 

He nods again, "But aren't they your friends?"

 

I let out a heavy sigh, "In this world you don't have friends. You have acquaintances and business partners. No one is to be trusted. Especially those who you share a classroom with."

 

"Why?"

 

"Its a world eat world type of situation. One is waiting or in the works of creating the downfall of someone's business. Once the target is down, they either take it over and create something big or merge it with their own to become something bigger."

 

"I guess you do have a point there."

 

"It's true. And I suggest that if you are going to function and survive this school as a newly-born rich person that you are, you must present it and fully prepare."

 

"Huh? I'm not sure what you mean?"

 

He looked confused beyond belief and I figured that this was my chance. He is someone that hasn't been fully stained by the selfish mindset and environment of the elite. And if I do things correctly he could be a good asset to my escape during the school trip—after all, the hotel our class will be staying at during our trip, is his family's.

 

In that moment, I noticed that it had just started to rain. Hearing the thunder slightly distracted me as I faced the direction of windows and had my back face him. The flashing of the lightning reflects mine and his image on the window, which recoiled my initial thoughts to where I was going with the end of this discussion.

 

"Right now what I see is someone who is willing to be a pushover," I say as my back faced him. I turned around facing him once more as I waved a finger, "and that's exactly who you don't want to be. Look, I'm willing to help you out, but, you must do me a favor in the upcoming class trip."

——IN A DIFFERENT PART OF TOWN——

"Yahhh! Ja-Young!" Hoseok waves from behind, catching her attention, "Jin is cooking tonight!"

 

"Mwo?! Jinjja yo?!" Jayoung responds with a big smile plastered on her face as she ran over to Hoseok with her bike by her side, "I'm all in for it. Where?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter