CHAPTER 02

[BTS FF] Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 02

The crack of skin contacting skin echoed off the walls. The grandmothers palm was bright red and that same red mark matched the one on Eunbyul's face as the vibration of pain spread throughout her cheek. Eunbyul in complete shock stood there trying to suppress the pain of her burning red cheek as she gazed down at the floor while trying to hold her tears.

 

"Don't you know how much your carelessness could've caused this households reputation! Much less the image of your father and my name!" she spoke in outrage with Eunbyul standing right in-front of her.

 

"Mother-in-law please don't blame Eun-Ae, Eun-Ae was probably just–"

 

"Silence!" fiercely cutting Eunbyul's mother off. The grandmother slowly paces around Eunbyul with her cane in hand; the thumping of her cane on the ground resonated with Eunbyul's heartbeat as her nervousness manifested. She stood there frozen in front of the Chairman's—her grandmother's—desk.

 

She halts, now standing behind Eunbyul, "I swear your just like your mother. Useless and Pathetic," she emphasized, Eunbyul clenched her hands at the statement. 

 

"Take it back," Eunbyul mumbles.

 

"What?" Her grandmother raises an eyebrow.

 

"Take what you said back," she says more clearly.

 

The grandmother lets out a faint smirk and a sigh as she sat herself back onto her leather throne. She signaled Myungsoo to hand her the files concerning the company and dismissed him—She had no intention to take back what she said.

 

Stop ignoring me! Listen to me! Take it back!
Eunbyul pleaded in her head.

 

Eunbyul's mother proceeded to scurry over and stood beside her daughter, caressing her cheek, "Just apologize," she carefully whispered to Eunbyul. Eunbyul's eyes widen in fathom. "Don't make matters worse...Please," her mother pleads.

 

Eunbyul didn't find the idea pleasing. Apologizing meant that she agreed to what her grandmother stated—that her mother was useless and pathetic. 

 

Eunbyul took a deep and shaky breath and bowed, "I apologize for m-my impertinence," her grandmother gazed at her, "I...I will reflect on my actions," Eunbyul continued. Hearing such words coming out of almost made her want to slap herself, "It won't happen again." 

 

She said it, not for her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter