Find You

Ephemeral Iridescence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day had been a strange one for Haru. Seeing Wonho was always a puzzling experience for her and it left her feeling quite bizarre.

Although, she didn’t get to dwell too long on their latest encounter because her strange day quickly turned sour.

“Haru!” She heard Hoseok yell as she was walking in from the back, carrying a large box of beer with a bit of a struggle. “What is it?” Haru shouted back, voice a bit muffled from the box. Suddenly, the box was lifted from her hands and there stood Hoseok, effortlessly hauling the box onto his shoulder.

“Tch,” Haru hissed, eyeing him up and down judgingly.

“Have you called him?” He asked as Haru walked in front of him in the small hallway leading to the venue. “I have,” She said, her voice void of emotion. “He didn’t answer.” She stopped walking, hearing him abruptly stop behind her. “So, can you please drop it?” She was trying her best to hide how much it hurt, but she guessed that snapping at him was an easy giveaway.

“Why wouldn’t he answer you...?” Hoseok questioned, more to himself in shock than actually asking.

“I really don’t have the time for this. I have to do.” And with that, Haru walked away from him, her hands an annoyingly deep purple, dark blue slowly mixing in with it.

 

 

“I really can’t work like this,” Haru groaned to herself as she went behind the bar and took out a bottle of vodka, taking a shot without hesitation.

“Woah, what’s up with you? You know we have to work in thirty minutes, right?” Jimin said with furrowed brows, but his tone full of amusement. “Oh, I only took one shot, shut it,” Haru rolled her eyes, putting the vodka bottle back where it belonged. “Yeah, but you’re a lightweight,” Jimin laughed out as he walked up next to her.

“I repeat. It. Was. One. Shot.” Haru pinched his left cheek, already feeling light with an energizing burn in and veins. “You’re scaring me already,” Jimin joked, putting the clean glasses into their respective shelves.

“Who else is working with us, by the way?” Haru questioned while checking if all the beer taps were working properly. “I think it’s just gonna be Yoongi and us,” Jimin replied nonchalantly.

Haru’s face brightened up at that, feeling a mischievous mood come over her.

Tonight would be great.

She could feel it.

 

 

Purple and silver.

Purple and silver swirling around his empty mind again.

They were beautiful, almost calling out to him in the pitch-black darkness.

“Wonho, did you really just come here to sleep?!” Minhyuk yelled into his ear, effectively waking him up from the pleasant nap he seemed to be having.

“What else do you want me to do?!” Wonho shouted back with his eyes still forcibly shut tight, almost painfully. All he wanted was sleep. His classes were still very much kicking his .

“Play with me!” Minhyuk demanded childishly, shaking Wonho’s frame with both of his hands. He always knew which buttons to push to irritate the out of Wonho, but Wonho also knew how to shut him up just as quickly. Wonho casually stretched his arm out and grabbed Minhyuk by the neck into an effortless choke hold. “Shut up while I sleep, you little demon,” Wonho growled.

Minhyuk was trying his best to wriggle out of his vice-like grip and nearly succeeded until Wonho got up from his position on the couch, now dragging him around the room by the neck.

“You’re going to snap his neck in half, Wonho,” Kihyun said as he walked in, sighing at the sight happening in front of him. “Well, he wanted to wake me up from my nice nap to play. So, we’re playing now,” Wonho responded with a smile, proceeding to jostle and drag Minhyuk around like a rag doll. “If that’s the case, have fun,” Kihyun smiled back and proceeded to walk to the table filled with food.

“Are you really not gonna help me?!” Minhyuk cried out, staring incredulously after Kihyun. “Oh my god, OW! Wonho, I’m sorry. Please stop!” He screeched while half giggling. “Are you going to keep waking me up from all my naps?” Wonho said to the repeated offender.

“Guys, it’s time,” Hyungwon announced as he came into the green room, already laughing at the shenanigans going on.

He came closer to Wonho and Minhyuk, separating the two cooly. “I have to talk to you,” Hyungwon whispered to Wonho as he shoved Minhyuk towards the door. Wonho raised a brow at that, wondering why he was being so secretive for.

They both walked over to a corner of the green room as Kihyun and Minhyuk filed out, Minhyuk rubbing his now very red neck.

“I want to do a special stage with just the two of us,” Hyungwon began, “I’ve already talked to the guys about it and they’ve agreed.” Hyungwon hesitated for a second before continuing, “If you want to do it, of course.” Wonho’s mouth fell open, completely caught off guard, but he should have known Hyungwon had been up to something from the very start.

“Will you do it with me?” Hyungwon asked, his big brown eyes boring into Wonho’s.

He didn’t want to.

Hell no.

But there Hyungwon was, staring at him with his huge puppy eyes and Wonho could feel his strong grasp on the wall he had built loosen just a bit.

“What song would we even play?” Wonho sighed out, looking at Hyungwon in utter confusion and a bit of panic. “I’ll sing, and you can just play the acoustic. Let’s do that one song you wrote a while ago.” Hyungwon smiled widely as if he knew he had already convinced Wonho.

“The one my professor rejected…? Why that one? I have others that might be better than that now, I can-”

“I really like from zero though,” Hyungwon stood his ground firmly, the wide smile never leaving his face. “Please?”

“.” Wonho looked up at the ceiling, feeling a touch of regret already bubbling in his stomach at the decision. “Alright,” Wonho agreed, running a shaking hand through his hair. “Let me just get myself together. Come and get me when it’s time,” He replied to Hyungwon, who was already ecstatic and going through various facial expressions of happiness. “Oh, and I’m wearing a beanie and a mask. I’m not exposing myself to your fangirls,” He pointed at Hyungwon with a brow raised.

“Did you bring any of that with you, though?” Hyungwon laughed, knowing that no, Wonho had not. “I don’t know where you’re gonna get it from, but if I’m doing this, I want that beanie and mask,” Wonho said firmly. He turned to sit on the couch, grabbing his phone from the armrest to scroll through the lyrics he had written almost half a year ago.

“I’ll figure it out, just be ready!” Hyungwon cheerfully said as he ran off.

Despite not wanting to expose himself to their entire fanbase, Wonho couldn’t stop his own excitement from building up. The thought of being on stage and playing a song he created made him nervous. The good kind of nervous. He wondered if the audience would actually like a song that he had made, all by himself.

After the song had been rejected by his lyric writing professor, he had buried that song amongst the other casualties.

But maybe, today was the day that his arduous work would shine.

“Maybe,” He whispered to himself.

 

 

Haru was serving a loyal customer when she heard the crowd cheer.

“Do you know who’s playing tonight?” Junhong asked from the other side of the bar, Haru currently mixing a white russian for him as the venue music began to fade out. “No, I don’t actually.” She took a quick glance to the side, wondering if she could ask Jimin or Yoongi, but found them busy with customers as well.

The venue was pretty full for a weekday and she wondered why that was.

“Well, the band that’s playing must be pretty good for the venue to be this full,” Junhong said, taking a swig of his drink. “I’m excited,” he grinned at her and Haru grinned right back. He had a point and she was thoroughly intrigued.

“Yeah, you’re so lucky you get to let loose and enjoy yours-” She had nearly finished the sentence, but the band came out on stage and went slack in response.

It was his band.

It was Wonho’s band.

She freaked out over that fact for about two seconds before she realized that he wasn’t there. She scanned the stage for him repeatedly, but he was nowhere to be found. In his place for the guitar stood a tall, slim boy; a wide smile shining out towards the crowd as he came up to his mic.

“Did you guys miss me?” His voice carried over pleasantly to the crowd and they cheered in reply. He laughed into the mic, an adorably shy laugh at that, and said, “For those who don’t know, I’m Hyungwon and we’re Monsta X. Please enjoy and don’t be afraid to have fun.”

“Alright, alright, we get it Hyungwon. Shut it. This first song is called ‘Oi.’ I want to see you guys jump!” The frontman whose hair was still very much pink, shouted out and the crowd immediately went wild as the first chord was played.

“That’s intense,” Junhong grinned in astonishment. Haru observed as he slowly inched off his bar stool and was at the edge of it when he turned to look at her. “Can you watch my drink for me, Haru? I’ll be right back!” Haru nodded, swiftly taking his drink to put it behind the bar and watched him weave his way through the crowd until he wound up exactly where he wanted to be, in a rapidly expanding mosh pit.

Usually, Haru would be feeling jealous. She loved a good mosh pit and right now, the crowd was raging with energy. It was always such a beautiful sight to her.

But more than any of that, she felt a bit of disappointment that Wonho wasn’t there and the realization made her perplexed. Sure, she had resolved that the guy was nice and she no longer harbored any hatred toward him, but to want to see him was just a whole other level she didn’t think was necessary.

Why would she be disappointed about him not being here?

It was absurd.

Haru shook her head and looked around to check if there were any other customers she could attend to, but the only ones at the bar had already been served and were watching the band with enthusiasm.

“Why are you pouting?” Yoongi’s deep voice whispered into her ear as he leaned an arm on her shoulder. “Hm? I’m pouting?” Haru replied, still observing Monsta X. “Yeah, you are. Is something the matter?” He asked, now turning to observe Monsta X as well.

“Everything’s fine,” Haru assured, turning towards Yoongi with an eye smile she knew would placate him. She then drilled a finger right into his side, poking him relentlessly. “Kid, stop it. Don’t make me chase you around this tiny bar. You know you’ll never win,” Yoongi said in one breath, all while still ogling at how Monsta X drove the crowd wild.

“You wouldn’t dare. We’re on the clock,” Haru squinted toward Yoongi suspiciously. He was full of empty threats. “Go ahead, then. Try me,” He smirked, still facing forward. That was all it took for her itching mischievousness to take over. She poked him this time, so hard she was sure she saw him cringe for a millisecond before he turned his attention to her, mock anger taking over his features. “That’s it.”

Haru wasn’t sure what made her want to run. Maybe it was the dead stare he gave her as he said those words or maybe it was the subtle step he took forward that screamed for her to run for her life before he ringed her neck. “You really have a death wish.” She let out a small squeak as she backed her way out of the narrow bar and started to run towards the crowd. As she weaved through the people at the very back, she caught a glimpse of Yoongi making his way lazily over to where she was, his eyes still very much locked on her.

An odd sound escaped as she turned to push through the crowd again until she was smack in the middle of a circle pit. As much as the urge to lose Yoongi was there, the excitement from the pit and the music coming from the speakers filled her senses and she instinctually got lost in it all. Without another second of useless thinking, she fell into step with everyone else that was currently running in a circle, shoving and pushing each other as they felt the music course through their veins. It was a such a wonderful feeling.

A feeling Haru thought she could never replace.

The song came to an end rather quickly, the circle pit dying down with it. The drummer that looked like a life-sized teddy bear announced said title being called ‘Trespass’ and Haru thought that she really should look them up, because their music was really something else. She took out her phone to do just that when she felt arms come around her shoulders and draw her in.

“Boo.”

“Say, Yoongi,” She began in a sing-song tone, “Do you think you could let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter