I Am Yours

Ephemeral Iridescence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thursdays were a different story for Haru.

In the morning, she had her lighting 101 class which she absolutely enjoyed. Haru was fascinated at how lighting could make things look so different. In her eyes, lighting was what made a photograph magnificent and enhanced the beauty of the subject.

Although, what she really looked forward to on Thursdays more than her photography class was going to work. After class, she went straight to her ‘job’ at D&W Cafe & Bar.

Haru's best friend ran the cafe bar along with six of his friends. When he came to her with the news, Haru didn't hesitate to offer her help. All she ever hoped for was for the place to be a success, wanted nothing more than for her best friend's dream to become a reality.

A year of hard work and many mischievous occurrences later, it was beyond anything they could have ever imagined.

The atmosphere was always chill during the day, but at night they would have bands play on the small stage and the crowd would always go wild; mosh pits rampant in the tiny venue. It was basically a free concert every time Haru worked and she absolutely loved it.

"Hey Haru. You're a minute late."

Haru smiled genuinely for the first time that day, feeling the instant good mood that this place brought her.

"Yeah, yeah. Please don't tell boss about it though, alright?" She teased the man who was staring right back at her, with the gummiest of smiles appearing slowly across his face. "Maybe just this once, he's all the way upstairs and I couldn't be bothered.”

"Ah, you're a lifesaver Yoongi!" Haru giggled out as she went to stand behind the register of the cafe. "You think so?" Yoongi said as he leaned on the counter of the register with his elbows, "Do you think that's reasoning enough to ask boss for a raise, cause-"

"Raise? I just gave you a raise and you already want another one?" Said boss cackled out with his cute bunny teeth. "Yeah well, seeing as no one can believe that you're my boss to this day, I think I deserve some sort of compensation for each time I die a little inside," Yoongi said in all seriousness, which made them all burst into hysterical laughter.

Haru turned and stared a little too long at Jungkook, at the way his eyes crinkled so endearingly as he gripped the edge of the counter to not fall from laughing so hard.

Jungkook regained his composure quickly, "Alright, let's get to work guys. The band playing tonight seems to be some popular newbies and there's a bunch of girls already lined up at the side of the building." He said the last part with a twitch, knowing already how ninety-percent of the crowd were going to just be screaming fangirls. Either way, it was good for business.

"I have to go outside and tell them to come back later, but can you start setting up Yoongi?" Jungkook asked from under his eyelashes, fiddling with his fingers for added effect. He knew how to make Yoongi soft for him and it was so adorable to watch. "Ugh, fine. I wanted to get a nap in first, but I'll just set up and then take one. Just stop looking at me like that," Yoongi said in exasperation, waving his hands around as Jungkook broke into a wide smile. "Thanks guys, I'll be back to check in later!"

And with that both left her sight, except Haru could faintly hear Yoongi grumbling things like "stupid drums take forever" and "why me damnit." Haru sighed as she grinned to herself, looking down to wipe the counter as vibrant yellow swirled in with the rag she was cleaning with.

All seven of them meant the world to Haru.

 

In fact, she had told all seven of them at once about her colors back when she was in her second year of high school.

"Colors?" Jungkook had mumbled out in awe, the first to speak out among the rest who were still processing all the information Haru had just given them. "And they come from your hands?" He continued, pointing at his own hand. She nodded in agreement, voice lost at the fear of how they'd all react. Jungkook's eyes grew wide and Haru had felt the lump in grow bigger.

"Wah, that's so cool! It's like you're an anime character!" He exclaimed excitedly.

It was new and unexpected. Everything always was with Jungkook.

"What?" Haru questioned, amused at how he was just staring at her every move; as if waiting for the colors to pop up into his field of vision. "You're like Goku, but prettier," Jungkook had said thoughtlessly and didn't think twice as a blush crept up Haru's cheeks.

The rest knew what Jungkook was painfully oblivious to and watched as Haru stared down at her shoes, hair hiding her face. "I think you've got it wrong Kookie...I-"

"Yeah, you idiot. Haru said she could see colors, not blast them out of her hands," Yoongi defended, side eyeing Jungkook. The rest bursted out into laughter as Jungkook sputtered, "I-I-I just thought it'd be something n-nice to say, s-screw you guys...!"

"It's okay Kookie, thanks for trying," Haru giggled, hand at to prevent herself from full on laughing again.

"It is really cool though, Haru! I always wondered why you would stare super hard at your hands sometimes!" Taehyung shouted.

"Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm glad you felt like you could tell us," Namjoon said as he smiled warmly.

In the end, they never treated Haru any differently and she was constantly thankful.

 

"Haru. HARU!"

Haru jumped up as she was smacked out of her reverie, effectively spilling the vanilla latte she was making. "WHAT!" She yelped out as she watched the swirls around her hands turn a deep pink in irritation. "Hi," Jungk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter