Chapter 5

One day, Yesterday

"Listen  kitten, I.won't.do.it."

 

Seungri responded,  stressing every word. We've  been  arguing  about  this  since  he  entered  my  office  thirty  minutes  ago.

 

"Are you seriously saying 'no' to me Lee Seungri?"

 

I asked him in disbelief. He in return, nodded his head with adamance.

 

"But Seungri... "

 

My words were cut short when he lifted his right hand telling  me to stop talking. 

 

"No buts missy. I already have two projects that I need to attend to.  I can't possibly add another one. Are you that desperate to get rid of me?"

 

He reasoned out. 

 

"Just accept  this  one  Seungri, pleaseeee."

 

I  pouted  at  him.

 

"Rin, you  know  that  I  love  you  but, no. I'm  sorry. Just  find  someone  else  whom  you  could  entrust  this  project  with. My  hands  are  already  full, you  know  that."

 

"But  you  have  time  to  go  around  and  get  wasted!"

 

I  retorted, my  anger  starting  to  rise  again.

 

"Rin, life  isn't  life  without  pleasure."

 

He  said  with  a  mischievous  glint  in  his  eyes.

 

"Jerk."

 

I  muttered  in  annoyance  while glaring  at  him.

 

"Come  on  Rin, you  know  who  my  best friend is--- OW! "

 

A grimace registered his face when I hitted him on his arm.

 

"Ya!  Go out now, before I kill you. "

 

I said in a low, threatening tone.

 

"Chill there lioness.  Don't worry,  I'll tell him about you when I meet him."

 

He  then  patted  my  head  while  smiling  ear  to  ear. I  immediately  grabbed  his ear and twisted it.

 

"Ow! Chae,  let go!  OUCH."

 

"Get  out! Now!"

 

I  shouted  at  him  before  pushing  him  away  from  my  table.

 

"I  heard  he's  back--"

 

"GO  TO  HELL  SEUNGRI!"

 

The  panda  immediately  ran  to  the  door  when  he  saw  me  picking  up  my  pen  holder.

 

"Sure  thing. I  know  I'm  devilishly  handsome."

 

He  added  before  completely  going  out  of  my  office. This  cousin  of  mine  is  giving  me  a  major  headache.

 

"He  does  not  want  to  do  it?"

 

Bom  entered  my  office  after  a  while. I  nodded  at  her.

 

"Told  you. You, of  all  people, know  how  busy  Seungri  is."

 

"I  know  unnie. It's  just  that, I  can't  think  of  anyone  else  whom  I  can  pass  this  project  to aside  from  him."

 

"What  would  you  do  now?"

 

Frustration  started  creeping  up  on  me  upon  hearing  her  question. I  facepalmed and  shook  my  head.

 

"I  honestly  don't  know  unnie."

 

I  whined  like  a  child  throwing  a  tantrum.

 

"Guess  you  have  no  other  choice  than to  take  over."

 

"You  think  so?"

 

I  look  up  on  her  almost  crying  but  trying  my  best  not  to.

 

"Chae  srsly, why  don't  you  want  to  be  the  one  handling  this  project? Tell  me  so  I  can  understand  where  you're  coming  from."

 

Bom  stood  beside  me  and  caressed  my  cheek. I  probably  look  like  a  total  weirdo to my  friend  right  now. I  know  she's  very  much  aware  that  something's  up and  she's  just  waiting  for  me  to  tell  her. I  sighed  but  shook  my  head  as  my  way  of  saying  that  I'm  not  yet  ready  to  tell  her.

 

"But  Chae, you  know you  got  no  other  choice  than  to  take  this  project  under  you  right?"

 

I  nodded  again  and  hugged  her.

 

"Unnie... I  hate  myself  for  being  too  coward."

 

She  patted  my  back to  comfort  me.

 

"You're  not  Chae. You're  one  of  the  strongest  woman  I  know."

 

After  a  moment  of  silence, Bommie released me from the hug. 

 

"By the way Rinnie,  they told me that we can do the presentation the same week that we'll be visiting Dolce Vita."

 

"When's that?"

 

"Five days from now."

 

"Okay then. Let us talk about this project, call the attention of the employees that will be joining us and tell them to go to the conference room after lunch."

 

"Copy."

 

Five days later...

 

"We're  here."

 

The  driver  announced  before  the  car  halted  in  front of a posh infrastructure. Our team started going down from the van and unloaded our baggages.

 

"Welcome to Dolce Vita."

 

The firm voice of Mr.  Choi greeted us. I smiled and went closer to him with Bommie following me.

 

"It's good to see you again Mr. Choi."

 

"Same here Miss Lee, Miss Park."

 

I looked around taking in the view of the place where we will be staying for the whole week.

 

"So this is Dolce Vita."

 

I said while nodding in appreciation.

 

"So, what can you say?"

 

Mr. Choi inquested.

 

"I must say that... this place deserves the best advertisement we could offer. I mean, wow!"

 

I beamed before facing the sea which is in front of the hotel, or more like a villa. 

 

"Look at that view.  You hit the jackpot Mr.  Choi. "

 

"I must say our CEO has a good taste."

 

I froze with the mention of their CEO but quickly gathered my composure so he won't notice.

 

"Y-yes. I should commend him for having a great taste."

 

I replied.

 

"Shall we? "

 

He motioned for us to go inside. 

 

"Sure. "

 

We followed after him and he showed us the room where we'll be staying. Bom and I are together in one room,  we decided to take a shower first and went to take a nap.

 

A knock on the door woke me up from my slumber.  It's pitch dark inside our room. Guess I slept longer than I should. I took my phone which is on the bedside table and used it to light my way to the door.

 

"Yes? "

 

I asked the person outside,  I do not open the door fully since I am sure that I do not look presentable at all.  

 

"Dinner's ready ma'am.  Mr.  Choi told me to call you.  They'll be waiting for you at the lobby. "

 

"Okay, tell them we will be there in 10 minutes max. "

 

I answered before shutting the door and I the lights.  

 

"Park Bom,  get up! "

 

I shook her to wake her up.  Upon seeing her opening her eyes,  I quickly proceeded to the bathroom to fix myself.  When both of us are looking presentable, we made our way to the lobby.

 

"Sorry for making you wait."

 

Bom said and we both bowed to apologize to everyone. 

 

"No worries. Let's go. "

 

Mr.  Choi lead the way.  Since Dolce Vita isn't operating yet,  there are no restaurants in the area.  A table is set by the seashore and on it are variety of seafoods.  My mouth watered upon seeing the foods that they served for us.  I'm dying to start eating already but Mr. Choi looks like he's still waiting for someone since he isn't giving us the signal to munch on these. 

 

Mr.  Choi suddenly stood up.  My eyes followed the direction of his gaze. And I felt the air left my lungs upon seeing the person he's looking at. What the-- I held the table in front of me,  afraid that I might fall even though I am siting. 

 

"Chae... "

 

I heard Bom whispered to me and held my hand.  My eyes remained glued on him despite the fact that I wanted so much to look away.  It feels like my whole system has malfunctioned by just seeing him. 

 

Him. 

 

Kwon Jiyong. 

 

"Good evening. " 

 

He greeted when he's just about a meter away from us.

 

"Everyone,  this is our CEO,  Mr.  Kwon Jiyong. "

 

Mr.  Choi announced and everyone stood up.  Everyone except me.  He averted his eyes on me. Our eyes met.  My breathing became labored.  This is all too much for me.

 

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Miss Lee."

 

He extended his hands to me,  offering a handshake. I swallowed the lump on my throat before finally,  with much effort,  standing up and accepting his hand.

 

"The pleasure's mine,  Mr.  Kwon."

 

The emotion registered on my face contradicting the words coming out of my mouth. I felt his grip tightened on my hand when I tried to take my hand back. I glared at him but his facial expression didn't falter. Everyone's silent,  probably feeling awkward because the guy in front of me is blatantly staring at me while not letting go of my hand. I pulled my hand once again and he obliged to let it go but not without brushing his fingers on my palm. I flinched because of that. I caught him smirking before sitting on his designated sit, which is beside me.

 

"Let's eat."

 

He said and everyone sit again upon hearing his cue. I felt Bom unnie held my hand so I turned to look at her and reassuringly smiled.

 

We started eating and I swear I would enjoy this sumptous meal if not for the constant brushing of a certain someone's arm against my arm. I'm feeling really pissed right now but can't react since there's a lot of people with us in here.

 

I tried focusing on my meal but my eyes caught the guy beside me getting a squid. Out of reflex, I immediately stopped him  from doing so using my fork. Our forks clashed in the process, making a sound which caught the attention of the other people in the table. 

 

"Anything wrong miss Lee?"

 

He asked, obviously suppressing a mischievous smile trying to escape his lips. I rolled my eyes on him and took back my fork. 

 

"I am glad you still remember."

 

He whispered.

 

Remember what? That he's allergic to squids? This jerk. I mentally smacked myself for reacting so carelessly. What the fck is he trying to do?

 

xxx

 

I tried to make it longer,  I really do. But I think it's still short *sighs*. Mianhae.