Chapter 6

One day, Yesterday

 "I think I know your reason now."

 

Said Bom as we're both sitting in a hammock tied on two coconut trees. The dinner has ended and thankfully, Kwon Jiyong got a phone call so he wasn't able to bother me anymore. I sighed before turning to Bom.

 

"He's not the reason, unnie."

 

She stood up, squinted her eyes and put her hands on either side of her waist, trying to intimidate me with her stance.

 

"Fine. Can you blame me?"

 

"No. Of course I do understand you. But why didn't you tell Dara and me about this?"

 

I puffed my cheeks and played with the hem of my shirt.

 

"I do not want you to think that I haven't moved on yet. Especially Dara unnie. You know how eager she is to match me up with her male friends because she still thinks that I am not yet over with Jiyong."

 

"And she's wrong?"

 

"She is."

 

I answered her and she arched her eyebrow in response.

 

"Okay."

 

She said before she turned around to go back to our room while yawning. Why does her answer sounds like she isn't believing me at all? Geez!

 

I was about to follow her when I saw someone walking by the sea shore. He has a bottle of what looks like an alcoholic beverage on his left hand and staring mindlessly at the sea.

 

"Does this jerk thinks he's on a freaking music video?"

 

I rolled my eyes but continued watching him instead of going inside. He looks so harmless like this. Wearing casual clothes and without his usual cold facade he always put whenever he's surrounded by people. I felt a warm sensation spread in my chest remembering the times when I always get to see him like this.

 

---

 

I hurriedly stepped back upon realizing whom I bumped with that I failed to realize that there's a stair behind me. He swiftly pulled my right hand and the next thing I knew is we're like two centimeters away from each other with his hand rested on the small of my back.

 

"Careful."

 

He gently said sending chills on my spine. He took a step backwards and put his hands on his pockets.

 

"Looks like you're fond of falling aren't you?"

 

He stated, reminding me of our first encounter. I felt my cheeks became hot and I hung my head low so he won't see me blushing.

 

"You came here for Seungri?"

 

I asked, trying to change our topic.

 

"Yea. He's still sleeping though."

 

He replied and look at the door of Seungri's room.

 

"You already had your breakfast?"

 

It's just 8 o'clock in the morning and he's already here so I chose to ask him that.

 

"Actually, no. I went straight here because Ri and I has a project to do."

 

He and Seungri are classmates. They're both in college taking up Business Management. They've been friends since high school so I usually see him here but last time's incident was the first time we actually talked to each other.

 

"D-do you want to have breakfast first while waiting for Ri?"

 

"Sure. If you won't mind."

 

I shook my head almost too abruptly that I think I injured my neck. I grimaced and held the part that hurts.

 

"Are you alright?"

 

He worriedly asked and took my hand that's holding my neck to examine it himself. His face too close to my neck that I can feel his warm breath fanning my skin.

 

"Is it here?"

 

He put his two fingers on the part that I was holding earlier and started to massage it gently. My eyes widen and I swallowed. I can feel myself having goosebumps because of what he's doing. He tilted his head when I did not say anything and shiz! My heart thumped faster because of the proximity of our faces. I can see that he's also startled seeing how close we are to one another yet he did not move but stared into my eyes instead. I tried avoiding his gaze and I found myself looking at his lips. Oh my!

 

"Ehem!"

 

We immediately separated when we heard that. Leaning on the wall is Seungri with his hair still messy, face bloated, and a smirk plastered on his face.

 

"Stop molesting Ji, Rinnie."

 

Seungri told me while chuckling.

 

"WHAT?"

 

I shouted at him upon hearing what he said.

 

"Told you dude, this kitten has a crush on you."

 

He said when he's already near us and punched Jiyong lightly on his stomach before going back to his room. My face heated up out of embarrassment.

 

"T-that... that's not true."

 

I said stammering. Jiyong looked at me, the smile on his face faded and was replaced with a serious demeanor. He took his bag and got something from it. An envelope. 

 

"What about this then?"

 

He said referring to the envelope he's holding. I started panicking when I realized what that envelope is. That's the freaking envelope that Dara dropped three months ago. The one that will be delivered on your desired date. The one that contains my confession about my feelings for him. I hurriedly went to him and tried to snatch the envelope away.

 

"Give me that Jiyong-ssi!"

 

I whined while jumping because he's holding the envelope up.

 

"Please, give me that. This is so embarrassing."

 

I pleaded. He held my shoulders to stop me from assaulting him.

 

"Chae-ah, look at oppa."

 

His gentle, almost sweet to my ears, voice made me follow what he said. And the fact that he referred himself as my oppa tickles my heart.

 

"You don't need to get embarrased about this"

 

He held my chin and smiled at me.

 

"Oppa likes you too."

 

I almost fainted when he said that.

 

"M-mwo?"

 

I still asked although I clearly heard what he just said.

 

"I like you."

 

---

 

'Ring Ring'

 

The ringing of my phone pulled me out of my reverie. I took it and an unknown number is shown on the screen.

 

"Who could this be?"

 

Although bewildered,  I still answered it.

 

"Staring is rude Miss Lee."

 

My eyebrows furrowed.

 

"Excuse me? Who's this?"

 

I probed.

 

"You've been looking at me for quite too long. So rude."

 

I looked at where I saw Jiyong earlier and found him facing me with his phone on his ear. He waved his hand when he saw that I'm looking at him.

 

"What the-- I'm not staring at you Mr. Kwon."

 

I said through gritted teeth. How conceited this man can be. He started laughing which made me more pissed.

 

"And where did you get my PRIVATE NUMBER?"

 

I said emphasizing the word private.

 

"I won't tell you."

 

He playfully answered. I closed my eyes feeling irritated.

 

"You know what? I'm hanging up!"

 

I pressed the end button and tried to breathe in and out to calm my nerves. My phone beeped and a message appeared. A message from Jiyong.

 

From: Unknown number

'Don't you think it'll be better if we'll hang out together?.'

 

Hang out together? Eww. I hit the reply button and typed.

 

To: Unknown number

'No thanks. Better drown yourself in there, creep.'

 

Sent.

 

From: Unknwon number

'Mean. I won't do that, you'd definitely miss me if I do. ;)'

 

What the ? The wink emoticon made me cringe even more.

 

To: Unknown number

'​​​​​​You wish Kwon Jiyong. Don't text me again.'

 

My phone started ringing again.

 

"What the is your problem?"

 

"You told me not to text you again so I'm calling you instead."

 

He reasoned out.

 

"Seriously Kwon! Seriously!"

 

I exhaled exasperated. This guy is getting under my skin! I almost fell from tge hammock when he started walking towards me.

 

"Kwon, don't you dare come close to where I am."

 

I warned him. He did not answer but he keeps on walking.

 

"Haven't you heard me? Stop walking jerk!"

 

"Why?"

 

He meekly said, his face becoming clearer as he walks closer to the me.

 

​​​"Why? Because I don't want you to do so."

 

I retorted. I hurriedly get off the hammock because I know this guy won't listen to me. I cursed inwardly because I'm having a hard time wearing my slippers.

 

"!"

 

I inhaled sharply when I felt someone wrapped his arms around me. He smells of alcohol, cigarette and his own masculine scent mixed together.

 

"Mr. Kwon, let go of me!"

 

I struggled to get his arms off of me but I failed.

 

"Mr. Kwon, what do you think you are doing?"

 

I tried again but he just hugged me tighter.

 

"Kwon Jiyong let me go!"

 

I shouted feeling angry and frustated.

 

"Let me go douchebag! Stay away from me!"

 

I used all my strength to free myself  from him and I succeeded this time. I noticed that he didn't dodge and  remained standing there staring at me.

 

"Why are you still here? I told you to stay away from me."

 

I snapped at him. He looked at me intently and I feel quite uncomfortable because his gaze feels like it's boring into me.

 

"I won't Chae. I won't stay away from you."

 

I gaped at him. I can't believe this guy.

 

"I'd like to see you try, Mr. Kwon."

 

I menacingly replied to him.

 

"Try me Chae. Try me."

 

Those are the last words he said before he left me there.

 

xxx

 

Anneong! I'll start working soon. Adulting 101.