Chapter 4

One day, Yesterday

"Sandara  Park, haven't  you  heard  me? I  said  noooo."

 

I  reiterated  once  again. This  Rabbit  won't  really  listen  to  me.

 

"Why  not?"

 

Dara  asked  casually  while  forking  her  salad.

 

"Yea, why  not?"

 

Bom  seconded. Uhg. Why  are  these  two  my  best friends  again?

 

"Because  I  said  so. Why  are  you  guys  keep  on  insisting?"

 

They  looked  at  me  simultaneously  with  an "are-you-seriously-asking-that" expression. 

 

"Rinnie, you're not getting any younger. You should go find someone. "

 

I furrowed my eyebrows upon hearing what Dara said.  

 

"What?! This ahjumma right here is older than me Tokki."

 

I said pointing at Bom. The latter's eyes widen and she held her chest almost too dramatically. 

 

"Ya baby Rin!  I don't deserve this disrespect. "

 

Dara immediately comforted her by gently rubbing her back and reassuring her that she isn't that old and does not look like an ahjumma. SsangPark everyone.  I shook my head while giggling because of how comical they can be.

 

"Rinnie."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I  remember  you  told  me  that  you're  having  second  thoughts  on  promoting  Dolce  Vita. Why  is  that?"

 

I  choked  upon  hearing  her  question. They  immediately  gave  me  water  and  asked  if  I'm  alright. I  gave  them a thumbs  up while  still  trying  to  calm  myself. I  can't  possibly  tell  these  two  that  I'm  having  second  thoughts  because  I  found  out  that  the  business  owner  in  none  other  than  the  legendary  Kwon  Jiyong.

 

"I  just  think  that  we  won't  be  able  handle  this  anymore  since  we  have  too  many  projects  that  we  need  to  attend  to."

 

I  blurted  the  first  lame  excuse  I  could  think  of. Bom  does  not  look  convinced  at  all.

 

"I  don't  think  so, Rin. Besides  you  told  me  you'd  handle this  project  yourself  if  ever  we'll  be  lucky  enough  to  win  it. You  know how  many  companies  we  competed  with  for  this. We're  lucky  enough  that  they  chose  us."

 

Yes, I  told  her  that  before. But  if  we're  going  to  pursue  with  this, I  don't  think  I'd  personally  handle  this  project. That'll  be  too  much  for  me. I  smiled  awkwardly  at  them.

 

"Ahh, yes. I  just, uhm, you  know, it  just  happen  to  cross  my mind. It's  not  like  I'd  let  a  project  this  big  slip  our  hands. I'm  not  that  irresponsiblsle. Yes, I'm  not  irresponsible."

 

I  repeated  the  last  words  trying  to  convince  myself  more  than  anyone. You're  a  professional  Chae. Don't  let  your  personal  life  affect  your  work.

 

"Mr. Choi  already  e-mailed me  the  details  for  our  next  presentation. Are  there  any  changes  you  wanted  me  to  do  with  the  presentation?"

 

"Just  tell  Director Lee  to  form  a  team. I'd  pass  this  project  to him. I  don't  think  I  can  afford  to  focus  myself  on  this  one  when  we  have  other  clients  that  we  need  to deal  with."

 

I  replied to  Bom  as  if  that's  the  real  reason  why  I  don't  want  to  be  the  one  handling  this  project  first  hand.

 

"Ya! Stop  talking  about  work  will  you? Uhg. We're  supposed  to  have  a  good  time  having breakfast  on  a  Saturday morning. SATURDAY!"

 

Dara  interrupted,  half  bored  and  half  annoyed  by  our  conversation.

 

"Sorry  Tokki."

 

I  apologized  and  Bom hugged  her. These  two  surely  loves  skinship.

 

"Ya! Hug  us  too. You  need  more  hugs  in  your  life."

 

Dara  signalled  me  to  come  closer  and  join their  hugging  session. I  scrunched  my  nose  but  obliged  to  do  so in the end.

 

 

Little  did  they  know, someone  is  staring  at  them  from  a  few  tables  away. Wearing  a  shade  and  a  snap back, his longing eyes  is  focused  on  the  woman who  completed  the  group  hug. He  picked  up  his  phone  and  dialled  his  assistant's  number.

 

"TOP, when's the site visit of the advertising company scheduled?"

 

He asked then dragged the cup of coffee he bought to accompany him with the stalking that he's doing.

 

"A week from now."

 

"Okay then, tell them to stay for a week. And have my villa ready. I'd be staying there with them for the entire duration of their site visit."

 

"Noted Ji."

 

He ended the call and tapped his fingers on the table.

 

"One more week, Hunchae. One more week."

 

He said before standing up and making his way out of the cafe.

 

 

The  sound  of  the  door  chime  caught  Chaerin's  attention  and  she  involuntarily  look  at  the  door  of  the  cafe. Her  heart  suddenly thumped  when  her  eyes  landed  on  the  guy  who  just  left  the  cafe.

 

'What the heck?'

 

She thought, totally feeling weird. The guy crossed the street and faced the cafe. She can't clearly see his face because he has a shade and a facemask on. But she can't  be  wrong. The guy is staring back at her.

 

A tap on her shoulder made her look away from him.

 

"What are you looking at?"

 

Bom asked looking at where she was staring at earlier. She shook her head.

 

"Nothing."

 

She returned her gaze on the other side of the street but the guy isn't there anymore.

 

"I just though I saw someone I know."

 

She glanced one more time to where the man was standing earlier. She has someone in her mind. But, could that be him? Still feeling uneasy, she decided to let it go instead.

 

"Now, where to go next?"

 

She asked her friends enthusiastically.

 

"Shopping!"

 

Double Park answered with equal fervor.

 

 

xxx

 

Huff~ thank  you for those  who  are  reading  this!