ch. 7

The 7th Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07.

It was an instant cloud of panic that had begun to set in, the moment Yesol was gently shaken awake by Mark, his frantic voice contrasting against his touch.

“We have to go to the pack house, now.”

She didn’t question him when he pulled her up, allowing her to get on his back in her sleepy state so he could carry her. It was sickening to her, how fast he managed to run, but she knew it had to be necessary. Ten and Johnny we behind them, not far back in their shifted forms, she could tell that much.

And without another word spoken between the two of them, they found themselves sitting on the couch of the pack house, Johnny and Ten explaining the happenings of that evening to Taeyong and Taeil in as much detail as possible.

“There were two more scents, in addition to three Vampires we already knew about. They all had the same underlying base, so they were definitely from the same clan.” 

“Yeah, and we highly doubt there are just five of them in total.” Ten continued on for Johnny, shooting Yesol a worried glance when he noticed how pale she had become. “They’re all backing up those three, however many there are, and it feels as if they’re actually gunning for a war.”

“Sick bastards probably are.” Yuta mumbled groggily as he joined them in the main living room, Sicheng and Jaehyun trailing behind him. “Everything is game a for them. They don’t care who gets hurt in the process, even their own kind.”

With every word the pack spoke, Yesol leaned closer and closer to Mark, panic bubbling higher and higher in along with the perpetual thought of how this was all her fault. The blond boy said nothing, knowing full well what she was thinking. Instead, he let her be as close as she wanted and needed to, his hand rubbing circles on the surface of her back.

Taeyong let out a sigh, running a hand through his silver hair, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath before looking at Yesol in exasperation. “Are you still so dead set on staying in your apartment?”

She nodded without a second thought. Staying in her own apartment would be the only way should manage to stay sane throughout all of the madness.

The Alpha sighed once more, nodding his head. “Fine, but five of us will be patrolling at all times. While I know it can’t be helped during school hours, the only way we can guarantee your safety right now is for someone to be physically present with you at all times. I’m sorry if it feels a little overbearing but… none of us want to risk. Do you understand?”

She could see the look fear beneath his steady gaze, hidden so well most wouldn’t be able to at first glance. It was genuine terror and worry for her, and for Mark that left him in that state. And that made him ask her such a question. 

Yesol knew she would despise losing her freedom like that - that people might take notice of what’s going on and rumors may start, and things would only get more complicated - but she also knew not allowing Taeyong to give her the protection he wanted would result in her losing more than her freedom.

It would mean losing her life and perhaps even the life of the pack.

She had only known for them a little over a month at that point, but it didn’t take family more than a second to love when a new addition was added, and she was their family. And they were hers.

And, even if it meant she would have to give up her freedom for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter