ch. 6

The 7th Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06.

Two weeks passed since the incident at the nightclub, and not a single sign of the trio coming back for Yesol made itself evident. She was even beginning to wonder if the pack worried for nothing, and they just lost interest in her already.

And, true to the effects of that encounter, Junmyeon had no recollection of that evening, save for dropping her off at home after a faulty drink left her feeling unwell. The poor man seemed to have it in his head that the night went somewhat decent, other than that, proceeding to make more advances toward her. She didn’t have the heart to reject him outright, especially considering the real person she had developed feelings for happened to be one of their students. She brushed off each flirtation with an awkward laugh or an indirect refusal.

Which was why, instead of going to a faculty get-together at school, to which Junmyeon had asked her to be his date, the lie of visiting her mother in Busan that weekend left her sitting… kind of alone, in her apartment. 

Jaemin, Haechan and Chenle managed to keep her entertained with a game of the classic Mario Kart on her old and barely running game system. 

They broke Taeyong’s rule of staying out of sight almost immediately on Day Three of the patrolling, their first day with her. Chenle, being one of the youngest in the Pack complained about being hungry and having to use the bathroom, and a plethora of other things that prevented him from staying quietly outside of her Apartment complex. It took a total of three trips to her place to ask for something before Yesol gave in to the boys, not having the heart to keep letting them leave after each visit. Especially not with how precious Chenle turned out to be, his laughter contagious. He was in his first year of High school, but she saw the boy as a toddler that warmed her heart.

Taeyong was furious at first, but when Yesol explained it was her who invited them in, he let up and since then none of the boys, save for when Taeyong, Taeil and Jaehyun did their watch, were able to stay away.

It was becoming somewhat of a routine for her. She had even begun to make sure to prepare meals in advance for them, or to have snacks readily available in her cupboard. The other time that Taeyong was even strict with her not letting them in was during the night, the most likely time of an attack.

“Yah! I told you not to cheat! Why are you even throwing the bananas in front of me?! We’re on the same team, dummy!” Chenle hollered, earning nothing more than a cackle from Haechan in response. 

Yesol sighed as she watched them, reaching down to flick the redhead on the back of the head. “Haechan, play fair. And Chenle, please keep it down. If my neighbors hear you, they’ll file a complaint, and then people will know I have high schoolers constantly hanging around my house and I don’t want to learn of the consequences that’ll give me.”

“Sorry, Noona.” Chenle pouted, throwing a glare at Haechan before driving his Kart accidentally off the edge of the game map. 

Haechan snickered at him, a snide remark on the tip of his tongue until the sound of someone coming down the hallway alerted his supernatural hearing and distracted. Although, it didn’t take him long to figure out to whom the steps belonged. “Oh joy, lover-boy is here.”

Yesol rolled her eyes at Haechan, the pull in her stomach having already told her that was the case. But, even so, his words caused her chest to tighten in excitement, and she almost hated the way she felt like she was back in high school. She had already made her way to the door, opening it to let Mark and Ten, who joined him for the evening inside. Instantly her eyes met Mark’s and her cheeks flushed when he smiled at her.

“And here comes the pukefest.” Haechan grumbled, tossing his controller down and standing up to make his way over to Ten. “And when we take our leave.” 

“Don’t stay up too late Haechan. You have an exam on Monday

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter