ch. 4

The 7th Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04.

It was at precisely eight in the evening that Yesol made her way to the doors of a club just inside of the city limits. Despite being only 21 years of age, she wasn't much for partying in her University days, and because of that, she lacked proper attire for what the youth of her time would normally wear for such an occasion.

But she didn't feel self-conscious about being in jeans and a band tee when she saw Junmyeon waiting patiently for her in similar choices. The older male smiled when he saw her, raising a hand to wave her over before motioning toward the door.

"I already got us through the bouncer, we can just go in as we please."

"Wow, some connections you have." She joked as he led her in, politely ignoring the way his hand sat a little too low on the small of her back for it to be considered 'just friendly'.

"I try." He chuckled, graciously taking his hand off of her once they reached the bar, pulling a stool out for both of them so they could take a seat. "I also happen to know the owner of the bar, so that definitely has it's perks."

When he said that, another gentleman made their way over to them with a grin. He was pretty in Yesol's eyes, very pretty indeed. He had a small frame, one fit for a dancer, with a button nose and smooth tan skin to go along with his exotic look. She assumed easily this was the connection Junmyeon was referring to. "So this is the lovely Yesol you mentioned, hyung?"

Junmyeon flushed and lightly tapped his friend on the shoulder. "Way to spill the beans, Jongin."

Yesol shifted in her seat as the pair chuckled along. She knew it wasn't the best idea to go out with Junmyeon like she had. She knew after her third day that her student mentor had developed somewhat of a crush on her, but she didn't want to be rude and cancel on him when he had so graciously offered to treat her.

She would have to make sure that this was the last time she allowed him to do something like this. She did not want to lead anyone on, especially not someone she would have to work with and see every day.

And...

It just didn't feel right. He didn't feel right.

And Yesol knew exactly why. 

Because he wasn't Mark.

She was unable to stop the sigh from escaping her lips as images of the blond boy came back to her mind. It had only been a day since she had last seen him, but it felt like a week and like she was suffering from withdrawal. It was most certainly going to be a long and hard semester ahead of her if every moment she was away from this particular student she felt like she was missing something important.

"Are you feeling alright, Yesol? You seemed distracted since you walked up to me. Even when I called you this afternoon." Junmyeon frowned, instinctively reaching forward and placing the back of his hand against her forehead to check for a fever. "You are a bit warm. Do you want to go home?"

"Ah, no. We’ve only just got here and I'd hate to ruin your evening." She waved him off, bringing a smile back to her lips. "I'm okay, I promise. Let's just get something to drink."

"You sure?" Junmyeon gave her a worried look but questioned her no further when she nodded. He turned to Jongin with a big grin. "Is tonight's drinks on the house? You are the owner after all."

Jongin rolled his eyes but returned his friend's grin with one of his own. "Sure, but don’t expect it every time you bring a date with you."

Date.

Yesol once again shifted uncomfortably in her seat but pushed the vile back down into . Junmyeon was a good guy, he could think what he wanted for now and she would set things straight later.

She didn't have the heart to hurt anyone. No matter how wrong it felt to her.

Within a couple of minutes, Yesol and Junmyeon had drinks in their hands and he chatted away happily to her. She followed along, nodding and chipping in here and there, but much like he had said, she was distracted the entire evening. And, for some odd reason, Mark was not the only reason for that distraction.

It was after she finished her first drink that her stomach started to churn and anxiety started to kick in. Something felt very very off to her, but she could not pinpoint what exactly. She glanced nervously around the club, her eyes unable to focus in on anything in particular, but the feeling of being watched took over and she subconsciously moved a little closer to Junmyeon.

She prayed she wasn’t becoming paranoid just from the simple fact that she was away from Mark, and a very good distance at that. The town she lived in had no clubs like the one she was in, and they had to make their way to the next city over in order to have their outing.

She didn’t feel so safe being away from town, after all.

"Hey, you sure you're okay?" He asked, placing a hand on her back. She wanted to move away the moment he did, but she also felt safer sitting as close as she was to him than on her own. There was a sinking feeling in her stomach that whatever was watching her was a far greater match for her and Junmyeon, but perhaps if she didn’t allow herself to be alone, the feeling would pass and nothing bad would happen.

“I’m fine. We should probably head out soon, don’t you think? It’s a long bus ride back to town for me.” She continued to glance around the club inconspicuously, or at least she hoped so.

Junmyeon didn’t seem to catch on to her suspicions but nodded understandingly. “I can drive you home.”

An ounce of hope filled Yesol up at his words and she smiled gratefully at him before they stood up and made their way out of the club. Junmyeon gave Jongin a bow before they left, his arm securely around her shoulders. And, as much as she hated the way it felt, she felt much better being close to someone else when the feeling of being watched - and now followed, she noted - consumed her.

Her heart beat erratically in her chest, the fresh air not even feeling refreshing once she stepped into the night breeze. Junmyeon’s hand dropped from her waist, but he stayed close to her, directing her around the side of the club. “I parked down the road a ways since there wasn’t any parking close by.”

Those words struck fear into her, and she quickened her steps, to which caught Junmyeon off guard and he stumbled a bit before keeping pace with her once more.

“Is there something going on that I don’t know about?”

“Ah-” Yesol glanced over their shoulders briefly and regretted it instantly. Her hunch of being watched was proven true when she saw the flash of red in front of her, skidding off to the side of a building, out of view. Much too quickly to be something normal like her. “Well, I think it might be a good idea to run to your car, now.”

Before Junmyeon had a chance to question her, she grabbed his wrist and started sprinting as fast as she could in the direction he pointed. It felt like her heart rate was beating a th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter