Two - Unexpected

Flawed

"Please tell me you're not the culprit" Felix came stomping into my room while I stretched my arms out.

"What?" I blinked and feign innocence.

He flashed his phone right in front of my face, showing me the video I published last night. My lips formed into an O shape and shrugged my shoulders.

"Yea I kind of did?" I replied with a sheepish smile.

"Flovia Maddox! Are you plain stupid? You might get executed for that!" Felix roared and slammed his hand on the table.

"He cheated on my best friend! I'm not going to let that go!" I crossed my arms and pulled my eyebrows together, showing my defiance to give in.

Felix pressed on his temples and sighed, "Ok fine. I will get it settled."

"You're the best!" I jumped on Felix and bear hugged him.

"Yeah yeah. No next time alright." He wagged his index finger at me while I acknowledged it like an obedient toddler.

"Now get ready. I am sending you to class." Felix pushed me off him and I obliged with no question.

While I was skipping down the hallway with food stuffed in my mouth, my brother glared at anyone who is looking me in a different eye.

I sighed in annoyance. They would never get enough of it.

"It is okay, Lix. Just ignore them."

"No, it's not okay" He replied while gritting his teeth.

None of them dared to say anything when he was there. They would only throw me dirty looks and point fingers at me from time to time. Such treatment was a daily routine for me. I'm cool with stares, at least it was better than verbal insults.

Once I reached the new classroom, Felix kissed me on the forehead and left me alone. I took the corner seat at the back and started reading the textbook to keep myself occupied. Apart from Alexis & Gwen, no one else would start a conversation with me. Well, Alexis is in a different class, and Gwen is at the borderline.

Yes I know, to be me.

"Look! The freak is here!"

"The who is desperate enough to her own brother!"

"Look at the bruise on her eye! It must have been some hardcore ."

I rolled my eyes inwardly. These people should get a life.

Last semester, it was our final exam before we get divided into different classes. The tutors inspected us individually. Those who failed the exam, like my brother and Alexis, would be clustered into either the class of elites. On a flip side, for people like me who passed the test are allocated to a particular class. The class where nobody knows their real potential. Our tutors mentioned that people like us would end up in pretty extreme case. Either we turned out to be an asset or liability. If we proved to be not worthy of Luke King, trust me, none of them got out here in a good state.

Now, the one million dollar question is, what am I?

To be honest, I have no clue.

Since my father and brother are both a guardian, I guess you could consider me as one of them. They're like the soldiers or security guards that kept the academy safe from danger.

The tutor interrupted my thoughts when he entered the class. Mr. Edwards is my tutor? Oh my god, the well-known ruthless and sadistic trainer! I heard that he showed no mercy to any of his students.

"Good afternoon, I'll be your permanent tutor for the rest of your school life. You can call me Mr. Edwards. Now, let me start the 'you guys are not hopeless' speech." Mr. Edwards rolled his eyes while scanning through the content on the brown paper. He fixed his glasses and cleared his throat," So, you guys are valuable to Sir Luke King. And as you might know, you're also special with...."

His speech got disturbed when everyone heard a loud bang at the front door. I jumped a little at the sudden sound and tilted my head towards the direction of the noise. There stood a man, making a grand entrance with his black sunglasses and body.

I squinted my eyes to have a better view of who that man was. Once I find out who is it, I regretted my decision in a heartbeat. Oh great, out of all the Diesel brothers, why him?

Way to go, Flovia.

"Prince Finn." Mr. Edwards regained his composure and his tone changed, sounding more respectful. "How may I help you? I'm afraid you're not in this class."

With that, I did a little victory dance in my head. At least we're not in the same class. Finn ignored his comment and went straight up to me.

"I know what you did, Flo" He glared.

"You deserve it."

"I promised Alexis I will never hurt her best friend, but you're getting on my nerves." He half yelled, pissed with my remarks.

"And your point is?" I challenged.

"The problem between Alexis and I is none of your concern. Stay out of it!" He threatened and grabbed my collar, pulling me closer to him.

"And if I say no?"

"Flo, please. Things are better this way. You got to trust me for that." Finn pleaded while I grunted in an un-ladylike manner.

"Better? Did you even witness the state she was in? She's broken and the sole reason was you and your affair. So much for 'she is the love of my life' " Now is my turn to yell at Finn.

"For sake, stop being stubborn for once and let me handle it!" Finn ran his hands through his hair, feeling completely annoyed by my persistence.

"Or what?" I asked, daring Finn to speak.

"I will destroy you."

Another voice echoed through the class and I frowned. Why is the voice so familiar? There is a thick arrogance lacing around it. I'm sure I've heard this voice somewhere.

"And who are you? Get out of my class before I make you." Mr. Edwards demanded while I tried to find the source of the voice.

"Mr Arrogant?!" I pointed at him while he twitched his eyebrows.

"Hello to you too, ugly face." He grabbed my cheeks with his fingers and pulled my chin towards him. Mr Arrogant's green eyes stare straight into my eyes.

"You'll now go to Luke and confess all the sins you put my brother through."

"For real? You're not from the prestige. You can't compel another supernatural, Mr ." I returned his glare. For a second, I could see the shock in his eyes but he quickly replaced it with his icy cold stares.

"There is always an alternative." I'm confused by what he said until he walked his way to Mr. Edwards in a graceful way.

"Be nice." Finn warned. Mr Edwards smiled in triumph, thinking it was directed towards him.

"Rest assured, I don't bite." Mr Edwards replied with confidence while I rolled my eyes. Guys and their ego.

In less than a minute, Mr Arrogant charged at my tutor with his fangs out. With his inhumane speed, we could see the bright red fluid splashing out from Mr Edwards' neck. It happened too fast that everyone gaped at the scene, not knowing what to say or how to react.

None of us dared to make a sound.

"Well, I do." He smirked.

Mr Edwards clung onto his neck and gasped, "Wolf bite? You mad dog! I'm sure Sir Luke King will execute you for this."

"If he is able to." He replied with a bored tone before turning his attention back at me.

"Now, where were we, ugly face?" Mr. Arrogant threw me a devilish smirk and I swallowed my saliva, fearing for my life.

Wolf bites are fatal to any species except for their own kind. Well, sad to say but I am not a werewolf.

"We can talk about this." I spoke with fear evident in my voice and he laughed, as if this is a joke to him.

"I gave you a chance for that little talk but you didn't seem to appreciate it." He pouted his lips a little.

"So you're going to kill me for that? You won't get away with it." I wet my lips and explained.

"There is no fun in that since I can break your neck in half without any effort."

"What do you want then?" I demanded, losing my patience.

"Feisty. Hmm, nothing much. Just destroying you bit by bit. Either in a physical or emotional way. Well, that depends on my mood." Mr. Arrogant shrugged his shoulders and replied as if it's something common to him.

Our conversation had cut short when Mr. Edwards was shaking with no control on the floor. White liquids begin to flows out from his mouth. He started to mumble nonchalant words to himself. From my guess, he is hallucinating. Everyone froze in their spot, not knowing what to do.

"Finn, feed him with your blood!" I hollered out loud while Finn sighed.

"My blood will not work."

"Why not? You're the hybrid. Wolf bite is curable by your blood!"

"Yes, sweetheart. But that bite was not any typical bite. Only his blood can save Mr. Edwards."

"What do you mean? He would not save him since he is the one who bit him!" I gaped in disbelief.

"You're right, love. I never planned to save him anyway. He was impolite to me."

I stared at him, filled with disgust. He acted like this was nothing to him and thinks that Mr. Edwards deserve this!

"It's a life. Save him!" I commanded but Mr. Arrogant waved his hands and dismissed me as a pest.

"Cam someone please, get Sir Luke King?" I yelled, again and no one move.

"I want to help but I can't move." Someone spoke out and I bite my lips in frustration.

"Finn! Stop your compulsion!" I snarled. "This is not funny, Mr. Edwards could be dead any moment!"

"I did not compel them!"

"Ha, funny. No one is from the prestige except you! Stop it now!"

"Brother? Stop it." Finn whispered while Mr. Arrogant disregarded him. Instead, he said something that left my jaw dropping even wider.

"Now, take this knife and stake it right into your heart." He commanded.

"But... it will kill me" Mr. Edwards spoke between his coughs.

"Oh come on, I'm doing you a favour. It is a quick death." He replied with his hands up, signalling Mr. Edwards to continue.

Before I can make any move towards my tutor, it was too late. Mr. Edwards staked the knife straight into his heart. With a final scream coming out from his mouth, the only thing left there was a dead corpse lying on the floor.

"No. No. No. Please. Wake up!"

"This is all your fault, Finn!" I cried.

"Now you can't blame me for that. I tried stopping him." Finn retorted.

"Who are you?" I turn towards the murderer and questioned.

"Isn't that obvious? Finn's brother." He rolled his eyes.

"Well, I never heard that the hybrid family has another son. A nasty one I might add."

"My father usually skips me in the family introduction." He cackled his fingers and respond. "Oh and, you two. Pick up the body, meet me in the lobby."

"What are you going to do to Mr. Edwards?" I gathered up my remaining courage to ask him.

"You'll find out soon." He gave me a smug look and left with Finn.

I cleared my throat from all the yelling I did just now and begin to calm myself down. It's okay Flovia. It is not the first time where you experienced such scenes. Keep it cool. You'll be alright.

Well, this is the FIRST time you witnessed a live killing scene. My subconscious explained.

Shut up! I retaliated.

"Flovia? A handsome man asked me to tell you to get to the field now, he has a gift for you." Someone from the elites shouted across the hallway and panicked. Okay, why is she panicking? If something bad happened to me, people like her should be mocking or laughing at me instead. I took several deep breaths and followed after her.

"Via? Turn around, you don't have to see this." Felix blocked my view when I'm walking towards it.

"I need to." I move his arms away but he refused to budge. "Please, Lix"

"Fine"

Once Felix is out of my view, I let out a silent scream. Mr. Edwards body was being strung up like a scarecrow with a signboard tagging to his chest. 'This is on you, Miss Maddox' His skins are now desiccated and a thick brown rope was tied around his neck. By the looks of wide red eyes, you could tell Mr. Edwards did not die in peace.

I stood there like a frozen ice, unable to let my legs get any nearer to the corpse nor running away. Nothing came out of my mouth except for my bleeding lips. I bite my lips so hard to refrain myself from whimpering.

'Crying is a sign of weakness.' My father's voice resonated in my head.

I am brought up this way and I chose to stay it as it is.

"Via? Via? Via! Are you okay?" Felix grabbed my shoulder and yelled, trying to get my conscious back.

"I'm fine." I brushed my brother hands off me and walked away, unable to look at the corpse any longer.

"No, you're not. Let me – "

"Leave me alone!" I yelled with so much rage that Felix put his hands up in surrender. With one final concern look, he walked away while I was still shaking in anger and stomped my way right back to the dorm.

"Why did you do that? You should let Mr. Edwards die in peace you bastard!" I scowled at his face, hoping that my glare can kill him.

And what I received, in the end, was nothing but him singing. He continued humming with a magazine on his lap and pretending that it is a normal morning for him. Suddenly, two guards wearing all black came to our dorm and I sigh in relief.

At least Sir Luke King is fair, he actually sent guards over here to capture his own biological son. I gave him a sarcastic smile and commented: "You reap what you sow."

Yet, those guards arrest me instead and my eyes widen in shock. "What? I'm not the murderer! He is! That bastard is!" What the guard did next caught me off guard. He threw his arm towards me and give me one tight slap.

"How dare you call the Prince a bastard." He hollered while I gasped in disbelief. Why do they have so much respect for him even after what he did? He just murdered a high-rank official here in this academy. I kept my mouth shut since I know better than to offend the guards now.

"Ta-ta" He wiggled his eyebrow and dismiss me as a pest. Again.

I groaned in frustration while the guard literally dragged me towards God knows where. They pushed me to the sofa in a harsh manner and I winced in pain. After rubbing on my new bruise wound for about 10 minutes, I took a quick glance around the surrounding. It's spacious, given the fact that an office room is larger than my entire house. The floor is in white marble tiles, with a classic brown desk and red velvet chair placed at the middle of the room. The office has four white walls, no windows and only a large canvas paint with calligraphy that wrote: "Be Fearless."

"Flovia, you have arrived." A man around his thirties came in view. He had a back comb hair, thick eyebrows, and a sharp jawline. I could see the resemblance between Ryder and him. He is a handsome lad for someone his age.

Is this another brother that I've not known about?

"Uhm Hi? You must be one of Prince Ryder's brother?"

"In fact, I'm his father." The man said in an amusing tone while my face went pale.

What? Sir Luke King? Oh god, I've not seen him before in person, let alone having such conversation with him. Did I just say "um hi" at the most notorious king in the world? Way to go, Flovia. I'm sure he will now think you're some rude with no manners. Without further ado, I kneeled and bow to him despite the burning sensation I can feel around my wrist.

Sir Luke King took notice of my discomfort and he roared, "She is my guest, not a prisoner!" His deep voice caused the entire office to shake a little

"Apologize" He demanded. I swallowed in fear while the two guards dropped to their knees and pled for mercy.

"Please get up. It's fine. I'm alright."

"Leave us. Now." He waved them off and the two guards scattered off without hesitation.

"Er not trying to be rude but in case you want to know, I'm not the culprit for the murder of Mr. Edwards." I broke the awkward silence while Sir Luke King chuckled to himself.

"What do you think of my sons?" He asked in a polite tone while I raised both of my eyebrows.

They are one fine species but their personality made them look ugly. Especially, Finn. Oh wait, No. The new self-claimed son is a . He murdered a person without remorse. And Finn? He cheated on my best friend and thinks that every girl is his play toy! They're the definition of the worse prince in the world. And you should teach them some good manners.

"They're great people. Totally best Princes in the world." I fake a smile at him, hoping I could pull this off without any trouble.

"I do appreciate it if you could be honest with me, Flovia." His voice was now laced with hostility.

"Brats" I replied immediately and sip some water to quenched my thirst.

"Good. Now I need a favor from you."

I choke on the water and stare at him like he was an alien. Sir Luke King, need a favour from me, the ordinary and good for nothing girl? Ha, that's outrageous.

"The abomination which by the way is the dorm-mate that you dislike has decided to come back. He had been a bad influence on my dearest son, Finn. And I will be pleased if you can help me to make sure he behave."

"Just so you know, I'm not your son's most favourite person in the world right now. Sorry, but I can't help you." I explained.

"Well, the thing is Flovia, you're special. Really unique. Remember how hybrids can compel another supernatural species? Even Junius, the abomination's compulsion did not work on you. To top it off, I tried to read your mind or make you suffer in enormous pain by looking at you in the eye. But so far, nothing happen to you. At all."

"Maybe you did not try hard enough?" I whispered in a suspicious voice.

"Are you doubting my ability?" He threw an accusing look at me while I shook my head vigorously.

"No. No. Of course not."

Come on, who will dare to doubt you man. Can I just get out of here already?

"So, what's the catch?" I asked, wanting to change the topic as soon as possible.

"Simple. You'll be my spy. Anything the abomination does, you have to report to me straight." He regains his composure and replied.

"What if I say no?" I asked.

"Do you still remember the prank you pulled on my son, Finn? I will be happy to inform you that I'll hold your brother, Felix, for responsibility." He said in the most polite voice as he can.

What? That sound remarkably like a blackmail!

"But that's not fair! Felix did not do it! I should be the one receiving the punishment instead!" I yelled, the refinement I held awhile ago was gone now.

"Watch your tone, Flovia. Yes, but your brother was the one who covered up your wrongdoings. You should be glad that I'm sparing his life now." Sir Luke King explained, with one of his hands slamming on the table.

I cringed at the loud sound, both the voice and the slamming. What did I just got myself into? It's not like I have a choice. Wait, did I just say that out loud? I covered my mouth with my palm and took a quick glimpse at Sir Luke King. He glared at me in a way that challenged me to say something more than expected. But I press my lips together, not wanting to offend him any further.

"And I'll pay you too. Treat it as a part time job. 100USD/hour."

That sparked my interest as I could feel my eyes shining in delight.

"Deal." I responded while I did a mental calculation of the sum of my total salary per month. At least I get paid for being a spy.

"Good. Now, let's sign the contract." He smiled at me while I took the pen and sign the paper with many doubts that are left unanswered. I retreated back to my dorm and placed the contract inside a locked cabinet.

It couldn't be that much of a hassle to take care of his son, right? Or at least I hope so.