Three - Confused

Flawed

After Luke King had dismissed me, I marched towards the bridge connected to another building and silently prayed that he would help me.

"I want to change my – "

Oh great, I just walked in on them having . Again.

"Jesus Christ! Do you ever knock?" The man I need a favour for shooed me away while he continued to kiss, or rather eat the face out of his companion which by the way is my brother.

"Flo? What are you doing here?" Felix fixed himself and stood up.

Without being told what to do, I used my right palm to cover my eyes. "You do realise you're right."

"Oh please, it's not anything you have never seen before" He teased.

"That was when we were kids!" I let out an exasperated sigh while he shrugged his shoulders. "To answer your question, I came here to seek help from your boyfriend."

"Whose throat should I slit this time?" Dukas motioned with his hand cutting his own throat.

Dukas Blood is Felix's boyfriend, and he is one of the most formidable warlocks I have ever seen in my entire life. Technically, he looked like a teenager, but he mentioned that he had way bypassed the age of being a high school student. He has been here in this academy for five years, as Luke King's VIP guest. So, I was hoping he could use his status to help me.

"I want to change dorm," I replied honestly. Yes, just because I agreed to babysit that jerk does not mean that I wanted to live under the same roof as him.

"Oh, I'm afraid I cannot do that. I do seek pleasure in you getting all fed up with the newcomer." Dukas smirked, and Felix threw a glare at him. "What? It's amusing!"

Before I can retaliate, Dukas shake his index finger at me "Uh-uh. Do not use your puppy eyes trick. I will make myself blind temporary not to fall for that."

"What if he decided to kill me in the middle of the night when I am sleeping?" I reasoned.

"Aww sweetheart, don't be silly. Remember the spell I cast on you? That is meant to protect your life."

"But.... He destroyed my food and burned my fridge!"

"It's okay. I will get you a new one. Plus, your favourite ice-cream." Dukas yawned and replied.

"Lix... a little help here?" I huffed.

"Dukas? Please?"

"Truth to be told, no. Apparently, they must stay together for reasons I cannot disclose. Sorry." Dukas responded with a serious tone.

Felix nodded meekly and sighed, "Yes, I know."

"I am sorry, baby girl. I tried. You're on your own."

"I cannot believe you chose him over me! I thought our relationship is stronger than that!" I fake sobbed while both of them look at me in disbelief.

I know I am being childish and acting like a but I cannot help it. I do not want to face that jerk face every single day for the rest of my school life!

"Stop being such a drama queen." Felix rolled his eyes.

"Drop the act and get back to class." Dukas smacked my and retorted.

"Wait! Flo, are you....um... alright?" Felix asked, concern filled his voice.

I was too caught up in the affair of the jerk that I totally forgot about the incident a while ago.

No, I'm not okay. As much as I will like to be the strong girl everyone wanted me to be, but deep down, I know I'm just another vulnerable and useless woman.

I am fragile and weak.

"Yes of course! Don't you remember, I get over things fast!" I threw a fake smile that I have mastered throughout the years.

"Skip school for the rest of the day and stay here with us tonight okay?" Felix rubbed my back to assure me.

"No! Violent objection! As much as I love Flovia, but I prefer us to finish what we have started." Dukas motioned towards his and whined.

"Come on, honey. Flo needs me right now. Besides, you can go to the bathroom and calm it down." Felix pointed out.

"Why will I do that when I can have you right now? We haven't seen each other for a week!"

"Yes I know, but you got to understand that I need to be there for Flovia," Felix replied in a gentle tone, still trying to convince Dukas to let me stay.

Dukas opened his mouth, wanting to say something but I cut him off.

"Hey. I'm alright ok? You guys should spend some quality time together. I will leave right now so that both of you could continue whatever you wanted to." Without letting them reply any further I quickly got out of the apartment and vividly heard Dukas said 'love you Flovia.'

The image of them doing it again made me lost my appetite, and I dragged myself to the next class instead. Most of the seats are filled except for the ones behind Finn and the jerk. I sighed in defeat and made my way towards hell.

"Hey," Finn made a small wave at me while I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes." Mr Jerk said in an authoritative voice.

"Oh? The last time I checked, I am not your servant." I answered.

"Do not test my patience, ugly doll."

"Or what?" I challenged.

"I will dig out your eyes and cut your tongue." Mr Jerk threatened deadly.

"Seriously? Why did I even agreed to be your nanny?" I pondered out loud.

"What? You're my father's spy now?" Finn roared, and I jumped a little.

Yes, I am. But why are they over-reacting?

"None of your business, Finn." I regained my posture and replied calmly.

"You're no different from all the people I've encountered. You manwhore!" Junius slammed his hand on the table with so much force that the table broke into half.

Usually, I will back away in a heartbeat. But I don't know what had gotten to me lately. Instead of keeping quiet, I yelled back at him.

"I do not live to please you. Oh and, check the dictionary before using that word to describe me." I glared at him while he returned with a murderous glare.

If looks could kill, I will probably be dead right now.

Our staring competition was interrupted by the teacher that was going to replace Mr Edwards.

"I would appreciate if the three of you could take a seat." The teacher said with hostility clearly evident in his voice. I frowned at the sound and tilted my head sideway.

Mr Styles??? My father's best friend???

"Are you sure you did not walk to the wrong class?" My attention shifted towards our new teacher.

"Watch your tone, Flovia. I might be a friend of Davis, but I would not go lenient on you." Mr Styles said, and I snorted in disgust. Mr Styles is the chairperson of the vampires that assisted my father in many wars. He is Alexis' father and I will never forgive him for what he did to her. For all I care, this man deserve to rot in hell.

Why is he even here to be our tutor?

"Greetings people. I will cut the crap of self-introduction. Let's get on straight to training. Get changed and meet me at the school hall in 10 minutes."

I took out my attire and went to the bathroom to get changed. Before I can walk out of the class, Junius grabbed my arm harshly.

"This conversation is not over yet."

"Let me go!" I yelled and push him off, clearly not in the mood to talk to the jerk.

I don't need an extra problem in my life right now.

"Okay. Lesson 1: Strength control. I will teach you all how to use your strength to wound a person, cripple a person or enough even to kill a person. Now, I will demonstrate. Watch and learn." It took around 15 minutes for Mr Styles to explain finish and the entire time, I paid close attention to him. As much as I hated to say this, but he is an excellent combat and skilled teacher.

"So, I will now assign the groups for practice, and there will be a test later."

"Firstly, Flovia and -"

"I want to be in the same group as the ugly doll!" Junius demanded.

"I do not want to be in the same group as that brat!" I mimicked him and said.

"Me too! I want to be in the same group as Flovia!" Finn yelled.

I glared at him.

Having one to babysit was enough, I don't need another one!

"I do not want to be in the same group as both of them, Sir." I politely declined.

Totally ignoring my feelings, Mr Styles commanded, "Okay, three of you will be in the same group."

I let out an irritated sigh.

Talk about bias...

"I do not mind to give you another panda eye, ugly doll. Do you want it in shades of purple, blue or black?" Junius remarked, and I threw a sarcastic smile at him.

"I might be the one who kick your instead." I countered while he laughed out loud as if it is the most absurd comment ever.

"Are you always this ignorant?"

"I could say the same for you."

"Why did you agreed to be Luke's little puppet?" Junius interrogated, changing the topic.

I raised my eyebrows at his choice of words. He did not call Luke King as his father and used his first name instead. The tone of voice did not even sound endearing or respectful.

Well, your dad did not give me a choice.

"He paid me a good sum of money." I lied partially.

That cause him to snarled and clenched his fist.

"I thought you are better than that. I guessed I'm wrong." Junius hollered.

"You're in no position to judge me" I crossed my arms and shouted back.

"And you barely know me." He raged.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I frowned.

"I k- "

"Alright, let's start the test! Starting with Prince Finn's group." Mr Kim blew his whistle and ushered us to the court. Instantly, I got into a defence stance, pushing away my thoughts and the conversation with Junius

"I promised Alexis not to hurt you." Finn stared at me, feeling amused with my posture.

"Drop the act. It is a match; I'm sure you can feed her with your excuses again." I said bitterly and Finn charged at me immediately. He came at me at a fast speed. When I tried to land my first punch, he caught my arm and slammed me off to the ground. I cringed in pain and bite my lips.

Even though I'm going to lose, I would not back down.

"Flovia, I think surrender is a better choice for you." Mr Styles mocked.

"No. I will continue the match." I get back on two feet and stated.

"As you wish. Continue." Mr Styles replied in a bored tone.

We went for rounds and rounds until the time is over. Apparently, Finn won. After other people had their turns, Mr Styles dismissed the class, and I huffed in exhaustion.

"Oi." Junius nudged my shoulder which caused me to howled in pain.

"Does it hurt?" He asked.

"How about you get slammed by your brother for a few times and tell me your experience then." I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you not surrender?" He questioned, feeling curious.

"And what? Prove to Mr Styles that I'm good for nothing? Or that I am a girl so Finn should go easy on me?"

"Well, that's a way too. Since girls hardly need to attend warfare."

"So, next time when I face my opponent, am I supposed to say 'hey I am a girl, please be sympathetic.'"

He shook his head slowly.

"You're going to lose anyway, why not just let it be and minimise the damage?"

"I know I would lose but so what? It does not matter as long I tried. I might be weak now, but I will get better each day."

Junius stared at me with an unreadable expression.

Out of a sudden, he yelled loudly, "NO, YOU ARE NAÏVE, STUPID AND WRONG!!!!"

Then, he stomped is way out of the hall while I sat down there, feeling absurd by his reaction.

Ignoring Junius abnormal behaviour, I went the cafeteria to grab my dinner, and I heard that Dukas punched Finn. Knowing Dukas is important to Luke King, he would probably drop his charges. It made me laugh inwardly and shooke my head. Sometimes, Dukas and Felix are a little too overprotective.