Ch 2

It was always you

A/N: okay.... this might be a bit draggy for a while, you know character development and all that. Ill be switching perspectives around quite a bit, just between what's happening with namsoon and whats happening with heungsoo. I don't know much  about Korean money, so anything relating to money is found on Google or made up lol

A/N 6/13/18: Changed a bit of things here and there. did a bit of proof reading and editing as well. You guys can re-read it or not, i only changed a bit at the end of the chapter. I'm currently rewriting the next chapter might be up by Sat the 16th or Sun the 17th.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but the plot.

***********************

Looking at the trio in front of him, he sigh. Don't they have anything better to do other than take money from the weak? Sighing again he tried walking past them without them noticing. Note the word tried. "Go Namsoon!" Oh Jungho called out to him. Glancing to the shorter boy then to the school gates he wonders if he can run past them. They must have noticed his look because within seconds Lee Yi Kyung and Lee Ji Hoon were on either side of him, herding him towards the alley Oh Jungho was waiting.

"I forgot my money, lend it to me," Jungho says looking at him expectantly. Sighing again Namsoon pulls put 5000 won and hands it over to Ji Hoon. "Give me back the change," Namsoon says. Instead Ji Hoon and Yi Kyung laughs slapping his cheek. "Go get me cigarettes," Jungho ordered, and the other two left. 

Taking out his last cigarrette he gestures to Namsoon, "want to smoke?" Scoffing Namsoon turns and walks to the school.

**************

"I'll ask again, are either of these guys you two?" Teacher Uhm asks pointing at the picture on his desk. Namsoon kept quiet, the picture was quite blurry so it wasn't proof that it was either of them, even though he knew it was. No point in digging his own grave so to speak. "Of course it isn't!" Oh Jungho exclaims, disbelief in his voice. 

A soft knock could be heard out side the door. After a moment, Ms. Jung entered the room. "Mr. Uhm, please let them go, that picture is blurry and is no proof that it's the two of them. There could be a number of boys wearing the same pair of shoes Namsoon has on," she reasoned.

*********************

"Did you think Uhm was going to protect you?" Jungho questioned after punching Namsoon. Yi kyung and ji hoon stood behind him keeping a look out. Wiping the blood off his face he replied, "I have no reason to go to Uhm. Didn't you see the picture? I was in it too."

Angry Jungho punched him again and again. 'When will this be over?' He thought to himself. When he didn't feel the next hit, he looked up. There stood Park Heungsoo holding onto Jungho's arm. 

"Long time no see, Go Namsoon," Heungsoo smirked. 'Park Heungsoo?!,' Namsoon thought taking the boy in front of him.

"Yah! What are you boys doing?!" Shouted Mr. Uhm running towards them. Not wanting to get caught the boys ran.

Jumping over the school gates, Namsoon sighed. "What's he doing here?"

*************

It was third period now, many students were anticipating lunch that came afterwards. Walking into the room Ms. Jung walks in leaving the door open. 

"Class, I have an exciting news to share with you guys," she starts taking a quick glance at her students. "We have a new student joining us, please be nice to him. Please come in!" She called to whoever was outside waiting. Not interested, Namsoon lays his head on his arms attempting sleep. Sighing he could hear the excited whispers of some of the girls in his class.

"He's handsome." "He's so tall!" "I call dibs!" 

"Go on, introduce yourself," Ms. Jung promts. "My name is park Heungsoo."

'What?!' Namsoon thought slowly looking up at the boy at the front of the class. 'It's really him.... I thought I'd never see him again....' slowly he let his eyes travel down the other boy's leg then back up to see the glare directed at him.

"You can take that seat over there," Ms. Jung directed. As luck would have it Heungsoo sat in the empty seat next to his, making him unable to focus on anything besides the other teen.

Class passed by in a blur, he could not for the life of him figure out if he spent the entire time staring at the transfer student of if he had spent the time dreaming of a distant past.

*********
Three weeks passed and still Namsoon was still trying to do whatever he can to make Heungsoo comfortable. He knows it's too late to try and make up for what he did three years ago, but he just can't help himself. This was his best friend and it was his fault that he couldn't fulfill his dream. He gave Heungsoo his lunch the first day, gave him his textbooks and even tried to keep Oh Jungoh and his lackeysaway from Heungsoo and still all he recieved were glares and muttered curses.

He knew his classmates were talking about his change in behaviour, but still he doesn't care. Heungsoo was here.

Ms. Jung was saying something, deciding to tune in a bit he heard "..... another transfer student."

Without prompt the transfer student introduced herself. "Hi! My name is Ahn Hye Jin and I was the top of my class at my previous school." 

Namsoon doesn't know what caught his attention more, the slight change in Heungsoo's face from his constant stoic face to shock and confusion, or the fact that the transfer student looks like him. They could be twins, she even has the same beauty mark under her left eye. The only difference he can see was that she had a heart shaped face while his is long, and of course her being a girl and all.

******

The class erupted with multiple voice talking over each other.

"Did the new girl just challenge Song Ha Kyung?"

"Doesn't she look like Go Namsoon?!"

"Two transfers in two months?! That's never happened before!"

Blocking out the voices he watched as the new girl stroll over to Heungsoo. A spark of something lit in his chest as he saw the invisible smile on Heungsoo's face more than likely directed at the transfer student. Walking towards the desk behind Namsoo, with a slight of hand, noticeable only to those who were paying close attention, she dropped a folded note on Heungsoo's desk.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" Her voice cut through his thoughts. "I know I'm pretty, but that's no reason to stare." Flushing at getting caught staring, he mumbled a sorry and placed his head on his arms.

********

It was agony, watching her flick tiny folded notes to Heungsoo. He doesn't reply, but Namsoon could see the ghost of a smile on Heungsoo's face with each new note he recieved. He used to be the only one who could do that, while others would receive glares and sneers. But now he is on the receiving end of those glares.

Class went by slowly, slower than usual now that that girl had transferred here. Why did they have to be in the same class? Why can't he get them out of his head?

Slowly he made his way to the lunchroom, noticing that the two responsible for his disruptive emotions had already left. 

Neither of them were in the lunchroom when he arrived. 'Where did they go?' He thought to himself. 'It's better this way,' he sighed. This way he wouldn't constantly bee looking at them. Settling at an empty table at the back he picked at his food, not really hungry.

**********

He sighs again, the new transfer girl is too touchy feely! It's not that he's jealous or anything, but she's always touching Heungsoo! Of course it wasn't like she was being extremely obvious. It's always a quick touch of hands, a hand on his arm or a soft touch to his face. Can't there be a class where she goes an entire day without draping herself all over his best friend?! 'Oh.... he's not my best friend anymore....'

**********************

A/N: so what do you guys think? I changed the timeline a bit compared to the drama to drag it out a bit.  How is the story flow so far? Is it too choppy? Too abrupt? Anyways, let me know, the only way to get better is through constructive criticism and reviews *hint hint* lol until next time 😁