Ch 7: Kissing on a Ferris Wheel is So Cliche

I Just Wanted To Walk My Dog

Hazel and Jenny waited outside the amusement park together for their respective dates.

“I’m so excited! Our first double date!”, said Jenny. She was so glad that Hazel and Yongguk were finally together. They fit each other so well. It’s too bad Nikki had to work today, but then again she still hadn’t settled on Youngjae or Daehyun.

“Yeah. I’m glad it all worked out.” Hazel said smiling.

“Wait a minute. Is that a guy sweater?” Jenny asked looking at Hazel’s sweater curiously. “Maybe.”

“Couples are so gross.” Jenny made a face at Hazel. She wished she could wear her boyfriend’s clothes.

“Please. Like you haven’t “borrowed” Zelo’s clothes before?”

“Actually, no. I literally cannot wear any of that giant dork’s clothes.”, she said while gesturing pointedly to her less than 5 foot frame.

“ Oh there they are.” Jenny said spotting Zelo’s tall form. He was hard to miss in a crowd.

“Wait a minute. Is that dork wearing my beanie? How dare he take my beanie and look so cute in it”, she said narrowing her eyes. Hazel couldn’t help but laugh.

“What was that about couples being gross?”

“Oh hush you.” said Jenny turning slightly pink.

“Hey. Were you girls waiting long?” asked Zelo.

“Not really. But more importantly, is that my beanie?” said Jenny.

“What if it is?”

“You can’t keep it, dork.” Zelo pouted.

“Fine. You can borrow it. You hear that? Borrow.”

Hazel and Zelo kept dragging their dates on the big rollercoasters. After the fourth one, Jenny’s voice was hoarse from screaming.

“We’re gonna go get some drinks and go on other rides. Let’s meet up at the gate in two hours.”, said Zelo.

“See ya”, Jenny croaked looking grateful that they weren’t going on anymore coasters. Her voice felt better after sipping on the mango smoothie Zelo bought her.

“I really needed that. What should we do now?”, said Jenny.

“Do you wanna walk around a little bit?” Jenny agreed and they took goofy pictures as they walked around the park. While they were walking around the sun started to set painting the sky in warm pinks and oranges. Soon the sky turned dark and the park was lit up with twinkling lights.

“Look at that panda. It’s so cute!” Jenny pointed to one of the prizes at the ring toss.

“I’ll win it for you”, said Zelo rolling up his sleeves.

“Really? It looks kind of hard though.”

“Are you doubting me?”

“I’m just saying.” Zelo lost the first game. On the second game, he won.

“See? Told you I could do it.” Jenny motioned for him to come closer. Curious he leaned down. Jenny kissed him on the cheek while reaching for her beanie.

“You surprise me everyday.” ,she whispered. He blinked at her as she triumphantly put the beanie on. He looks so cute with hat hair she thought as she stuck her tongue out at him.

The amusement park was closing soon.

“Let’s ride the ferris wheel! I’ve always wanted to ride it with someone.” Jenny said pointing at the giant ferris wheel in the middle of the park.

Jenny stood near the window on the ferris wheel, marvelling at how small everyone looked. She pictured squishing them like ants like Godzilla. She turned around to tell Zelo about it and found him staring intensely at her.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”, she asked face going slightly pink.

“Because I can’t take my eyes off of you.” Jenny’s face turned even pinker under the intensity of his brown eyes.

“Don’t say stuff like that.” She couldn’t look him in the eye as her feet started to walk towards him.

“Why?”, he asked curiously. Jenny took a deep breath. I can’t believe I’m doing this she thought as she mustered up her courage. She took a seat on his lap. She smiled to herself when she saw him gulp a little.

“It makes me want to kiss you.” She brought her lips to his and ran her hands through his soft, black hair. When they ran out of air, she was beet red.

“I can’t believe I did that.”

“Me too.” She started to laugh.

“You know what? Kissing on a ferris wheel is so cliche.”

“Isn’t that why you wanted to ride this is the first place?” he asked grinning.

“I’m not that devious. I’m very innocent” she said as she smacked him.