From The Borders

Beyond The Border (Sequel to Navillera's Border)

A/N: This is a double update. Please do read chapter 14 first if you haven't.

“Someone looks anxious.” Yoongi spoke knowingly as he stared at his cousin’s back figure while Jimin constantly adjusted the Seonghwa emblem fixed on his outfit. He nervously eyed on the crown situated on his head throughout the passing minutes of getting ready. The crown on his head will be changed in hours to something far more important than mere accessory.

 

Two months flew by Navillera very fast in his opinion. He was surprised to see an average size ship suddenly halted at the dock. He would not know if it was not Taehyung entering his room in his butterfly form, just like how he used to do in the past informing him that Prince Changsub and Minhyuk have return safely.

 

Once he was at the mentioned dock with Jiyeon in a blink of the eye, Jimin saw Minhyuk rushing passed them without any delay. He appeared to be in a hurry so he did not question much. However, that did not stop him from asking about it from the older prince himself.

 

Following Minhyuk’s steps, the fellow gate keeper instantly opened the door to his home, shocking his father and brother who were resting in the living area. They took him into a warm family hug but the youngest in the group gently pushed them away before walking up the stairs, skipping one every time. He did not forget to ask his brother to bring a glass of water though.

 

A month in Seonghwa after the trip, Minhyuk returned back to the Seonghwa palace with a new responsibility given to him after news about him possessing two elements spread on the entire land. Sure he still had a lot to learn from the Haesang regarding his water element but shocking enough, he picked up the lesson easily just like how he did on his own back in Iseung.

 

When Prince Changsub sat at the garden during his free-time to watch the former gate keeper practicing with the other princes, he swore he saw a glimpse of Hyunsik fooling around with him. But all of those imagery, he never saw a figure he wanted among the people surrounding him. Sighing, he decided to push the thought on the Iseung Crown Princess away from his mind.

 

He could not believe it already been two months passing by after months of staying at a foreign island. Seeing the palace servants hurrying in preparation for the coronation day made him think if it would be the same for the Iseung to do the same for her coronation day. He pictured her put on the most beautiful dress the local or royal tailors made perfectly for her.

 

With all honesty, he thought it was a one-time thing or in modern days, the most suitable word would be: crush. He thought it was just that and he hated that he never had the daring nerve to tell her his feelings. But he hoped she got the message during their last dance under the shining crescent moonlight.

 

“Changsub, can you tell Jimin that he needs to be ready in an hour? The gate will be open in half an hour.” Prince Sungjae told him before leaving immediately. Changsub was about to instruct the fellow prince to do it instead but he rather not because if he was to stay alone longer, he would be sappier than he wanted to.

 

Making his way to the Park quarter, he could not help but to be a bit sentimental simply because he was walking to the Park quarter. It was not the same, he knew that by heart but his mind seemed to be fond of labelling anything relatable with the Iseung Crown Princess. After informing the Crown Prince about the news, he left when he heard the prince’s cousin uttered his thanks.

 

The brown haired prince began to play the tip of his hair out of consciousness. He had them cut after two weeks returning from Iseung and he was still as amused as when he was a child when he noticed the orange on his hair never gone every single time he had his hair cut. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the recognisable dark silver lock chatting with a female he never seen before.

 

By the time he arrived by Minhyuk’s side, the girl already walked away from them and headed to the throne room, maybe. “Who is she?” Changsub asked him instantly which made the fellow jolted on the spot he was standing, not expecting to see the prince after days of not crossing paths. “She’s a friend I made while I visited Haesang to learn about the water element. She had a star in her name.”

 

“Uh, what is that supposed to mean?”

 

“You’re the smart one, Changsub. Think about it. Anyway, wouldn’t be nice if they are here? I miss them.” Minhyuk randomly admitted the truth. He wanted to say it to anyone in the palace if he could but they would not understand. Sungjae might but the feeling was not mutual. So he knew Changsub would understand him the best.

 

“I miss them too.”

 


 

It was a huge and prestigious event of the year in Navillera. Held in the Seonghwa palace grounds, the throne room was filled to the brim with familiar faces and heartfelt compliments coming from left and right. There was a reason of why the Crown Prince or shall we now say, the King of Navillera got anxious for the day. In reality, it supposed to be reasons. However, being his best friend and best cousin for all of the period of his life, they told him there was nothing to worry about.

 

The event in Seonghwa started off with a wedding ceremony of tying the knot of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Seonghwa and Haesang together before proceeded with the coronation day. It was the celebration which made the festivity a lot more wonderful at the village centre with streamers and flags decorating the plaza as well as houses. They also celebrated the former Crown Prince birthday as it fell on the same day.

 

The feeling was overwhelming for him to handle and he was glad he was not alone to experience since his wife was by side with bright smile stuck on her face from the minute she walked down the aisle up to the minute she enjoyed the dance performance showed by the talented villagers. Jimin wanted to scream at Jungkook’s face when the fellow pulled him off his seat without any warning but once he saw the boy’s partner, Yein was doing the same to Jiyeon, he let it passed and danced along.

 

As the event went on greatly at the village centre, Changsub heard murmurs coming from his surroundings before his eyes met with Minhyuk who stood across him with the same bewildered expression. Sprinting towards the direction of the area where the number of villagers increased, the two stopped when they saw Sungjae, Ilhoon and Naeun already beat them to the exact same location.

 

Unconsciously, a smile came on the prince’s face when he saw the familiar light silver hopping off the ship before helping the other getting down. Changsub stepped up first with no delay and his heart almost jumped in joy when he saw the female in the group turned to look straight onto his eyes.

 

Increasing her speed from a walk to a run, he caught her embrace into his within seconds of meeting and the crowd around them sounded as if it faded away into pure silence. It was as if they were in their own world but being her personal guard he was, they broke the hug and saw a smile on the fellow prince’s face shining brighter as the time went on.

 

“It felt like forever since the last time we see each other this close, am I right?” Minhyuk mentioned before they formed a circle, leaving the people around them to figure out what was happening. “How did you know the way here?” He added on.

 

Since Prince Hyunsik did not do the manoeuvring, all he could think of was the fact they had to pass by a storm before seeing the thin outline of an island. It took two days to even find their way on the sea, truthfully speaking. “Honestly, we just did. And we’re here in one piece.”

 

“And it seems like we came at the right time too.” Crown Princess Chorong spoke as her eyes scanned beyond the crowd and saw the decorated plaza not far away from where they were standing. “Are you not going to show them around?” Minhyuk turned his attention to Changsub when the fellow was quiet.

 

“Oh, I will. Come, you need to meet the new King and Queen of Navillera.” He gestured them to follow his action which was easily copied by the Iseung Crown Princess. But the Iseung prince’s eyes immediately caught a princess among the crowd and not just any princess he saw. She was the one with ash brown hair and from Haesang. He was about to call out her name yet when she turned around, he had a feeling the female was not ready to face him.

 


 

Occupying the dining chairs in the dining hall with minimum effort, Jimin and Jiyeon were visually the most excited to hear about having extra guests for the day. They came by the time it was time to celebrate his birthday officially and there they were having a feast on the same table. Hyunsik did most of the talking, introducing where they originated to the moment of Changsub and Minhyuk leaving the island. He did not bring up the topic of the prophecy though much to Jimin’s disappointment.

 

“It’s amazing that the two of you have dual elements while here we have Minhyuk. I wonder if there’ll be more in the future.” Jiyeon said in wonder as she lightly tapped her lips, forming a thinking expression. “Maybe there will, if you know what I mean. I think I know how it works.” Jimin cheekily moved his brow as he spoke, earning a hard smack on the arm. Laughter filled the room through dinner and it was happy to inform the day ended well on many sides.

 

One of it would be…

 

“Why are you distancing yourself?” Prince Hyunsik immediately questioned as soon as his hand managed to gently tug the princess’ arm as they were heading to the Seonghwa palace. She tried to free her hand off his firm grasp yet his natural strength failed her from doing so. “I never thought of seeing you again after I left that island.” She said softly, voice sounded full of regret from her past decision.

 

“Shall we start from the beginning then? Here,” He initiated by holding out his hand, gesturing for a formal handshake. “I’m Prince Lim Hyunsik from Iseung.” He said and witnessed the slight hesitation in her eyes as she stared down at his hand. She already knew that but just as he said, starting from the beginning. That will not hurt. Taking his hand, she finally eased herself to speak properly.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Prince Hyunsik. I’m Princess Son Naeun from Haesang, Navillera.”

 

Second episode followed after that would be…

 

“That’s a lot of gift for us to open.” The new Queen of Navillera, Jiyeon scratched her head when Jimin opened the door to their shared bedroom. It was not her first being in the room since it was Jimin’s old room, revamped to have larger double bed for the two of them. Tucked in the corner were the presents from their family, friends and villagers alike for three different reasons.

 

Chose to open the wedding gifts first, they chatted while amusingly thought of where should they placed the presents in the room. There were a lot of fascinating new things and heart-warming letters written for the newly-wed couple yet they were not expecting the surprising gift from Yoongi and Jiae.

 

“Okay, let’s put this away for now.” Jimin spoke, a shade of red appearing on his face as he uttered a curse. Being her curious self, Jiyeon furrowed her brows as she tried to peek at the box he just closed, packed and slid away from her side. “What did they give? I want to see it too.”

 

“You’re not ready to have it. I’ll keep it just to be safe.” He mentioned as he still felt embarrassed. Rolling her eyes, she threw herself behind his back, going for a sudden attack and grabbed the box before seeing Jimin had his hands on his face to hide. Opening the box with eyes on her husband, both of them decided to look at the content together before they nervously laughed together.

 

Finally to the one last pair…

 

Standing at the tallest tower in the Seonghwa palace, Changsub leaned his torso against the chest high wall where he could see the forest separating the palace grounds and the village centre. From the corner of his eyes, he saw her mirroring his position before starting a conversation.

 

“Is this one of your hiding spots you once said?” Chorong spoke questioningly with eyes on the front, witnessing the new surrounding for the first time and she was glad it was him who brought her up there. “It’s the place where I feel free the most. There is not much noise up here and it is far from the main quarters. If you’re really silent, you can hear the gushing ocean from afar.” Changsub pointed out to somewhere in the distant.

 

Moments later, he spun his body to face her and admired her side profile while she was still immersed with the scene unfolded up to her north. “How long are you planning to stay in Navillera?” Her eyes lowered as soon as she heard the question and craned her head to look at his face as well. “I don’t know. I learned from someone and he said good things always come by chance so decided to follow that. He sounded convincing.”

 

“I agree. That do sound true but there’s also one thing he seemed to forget to say as an advice.” Closing the distance between them, Chorong’s legs suddenly felt weak for her to stand on her own. Therefore, just in case, she held onto the wall before anything could happen. When their arms touched, Changsub spoke.

 

“He said that one should not keep genuine feelings from bottling up for too long or it will explode and cut someone without intention of hurting them.”

 

Her lips twitched into a small smile upon hearing the words which she knew was made up. They conversed a lot back in Iseung for her to know how smooth the prince could be while talking. Daringly had their eyes connected for the next moment, she finally made her reply.

 

“Well, then should I say that you are the only one occupying my mind after the second you left the island?”

 

“That’s a good piece of information but I have a better one.” Changsub paused, purposely hanging his words on thin air.

 

“I like you, Crown Princess Park Chorong. If there’s a way for us to work, I will do it.”

 

“I guess you have to talk to my father, mother and maybe Hyunsik too for that. Do you even see how protective he was at the dock?”

 

“You’re not replying to my confession though.”

 

“If we are to be together, will there be another strange prophecy coming since we’re not only combining two but three elements?”

 

“I don’t mind solving another prophecy. If it’s Minhyuk’s case, that will be harder. But still…you’re not-” Changsub’s eyes opened wide to one point it was possible for it to jump out of its sockets when Chorong tipped her toes, landing a soft peck on his cheek. “Does that answer your confession yet?”

 

“I truly like you. Heck, it might be love for all I know.”

 

“We only know a bit about each other.”

 

“Then let’s use all of your time staying here to learn about each other. How about that?”

 

“That sounds nice and all but Hyuns-”

 

“I’m sure he’ll be busy on the other side of the island.”

 

The Crown Princess shook her head by the statement. As much as she acknowledged the truth behind his words, there was a lot more running in her mind but choosing to ignore it was a blissful feeling especially when she saw how the Seonghwa prince affectionately staring at her as if afraid she would leave.

 

Well, if she was to leave Navillera in the future, she knew she would not leave without the prince coming along.