Making Up

Sunspot

☀️

“OH MY--” Eunhee hardly uttered as she stared at the alien’s swollen eye.

Was his eyelid that big before? She thought to herself.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, noticing the girl’s unexpected response.

It’s like he got his double-eyelid surgery done by a butcher. Eunhee continued, trying not to show how disgusted she felt looking at him.

“Uhh…. It’s a little stuffy here… Let’s go somewhere else to chat, okay?” She awkwardly replied.

“Okay!” He said, beaming as always.

 

At the school clinic:

“Make sure he drinks this twice a day. It’ll ease the swelling.” The nurse said to Eunhee while Jiyoung and Baekhyun waited by the door.

“So what did you do exactly that made her mad?” Jiyoung asked the boy, taking a sip from her boxed strawberry milk.

“I don’t know… I don’t remember anything from last night…” He innocently replied.

A fountain of pale pink liquid spurted from Jiyoung’s mouth upon hearing the alien’s answer.

“Last night?!” She coughed.

Quickly Eunhee pinched and pulled her flushed ear.

“Calm down, Ji. It’s not what you think it is.” She scolded her, knowing how her erted friend’s mind worked

“I-I knew that.” Embarrassed Jiyoung denied.

“Here. Drink one capsule after dinner later.” Eunhee told the boy and handed him his medicine. “And…”

“And?” Baekhyun repeated, waiting for the rest of the moon girl’s sentence.

“I’m sorry…” She ended with her eyes down.

The alien smiled from ear to ear. “I’m sorry too for whatever I did… and for forgetting what it was… and for teasing you about your eyes… and--”

“Yeah. I get it.” She cut him off with a chuckle.

Jiyoung hooked one arm around Eunhee’s neck and did the same on Baekhyun’s arm. “Now that you two are settled, how about we talk about the talent show?” She said, grinning at the both of them.

 

 

“I knew it!” Kyubin softly exclaimed from the outside corner of the clinic. “They are living together!” “Wait till everyone hears about this.” He ended and giggled all the way back to the classroom.