I'm sorry you're not supposed to know

It hurts

"No, we don't have to change anything!" "Yes, manager-nim. Such arrangement would be fine." My desperate voice overlapped with Sowon-unnie's voice.

"Unnie..." me attempting to negotiate with Sowon-unnie... "A no is a no. Hwang Eunbi." Fine. She's not going to budge even one millimeter. I let go of Sowon-unnie's arm, which I was shaking a second ago, and threw myself into the sofa in the waiting room of the Ulsan Summer Festival while caring for the left half of my upper body.

"SinB-ssi...you know Sowon-unnie and manager-nim are making the best choices. You need to rest..." Yerin-unnie tried to persuade me.

"I know my own condition well. Sorry for being a bit rude maybe, but I have been living with it for literally half my life till now." I knew I really went slightly overboard, seeing how Umji frowned at my words, but I had to admit that controlling my emotions wasn't the easiest job at that moment. "I am sorry, unnie. I didn't mean to be rude. What I mean is, I do know what I need. Just believe in me..." I added, trying to put it softer this time.

"But the doctor said you need to immobilize your shoulder for 3-4 weeks to prevent the bone from slipping out again..." Yuju-unnie recited the doctor's orders.

"The ball in sitting well in the socket now. Really. It's not even a total dislocation, it's no big deal." The members cringed as I mentioned 'total dislocation'. Just the sound of it seemed excruciating.

"You are not a doctor, and you are resting today. After this one stage. And we are not going to change the plans no matter how." Sowon-unnie gave me the stern look and fired the order to me again.

"Fine." I pursed me lips together, let my body slide against the back of the sofa to lean on the arm of the sofa.

"Eunbi-ya, I know you want us to promote well and you don't want to disapooint our buddies, but they will understand. Nobody will blame you." Sowon-unnie finally softened up a little bit.

I buried my face into the jacket I laid on the arm of the sofa and mumbled, "Sure." Rolling my eyes internally. But their ears were sharper than I expected. Everyone frowned.

"I know you must be upset to see that so-called news ranting about your attitude. But we all know that it was no where close to the fact. Buddies all know. You don't have to be so hard on yourself." Sowon-unnie pointed out the pin that had been pricking in my heart since this morning.

Attitude. They just won't stop picking on my attitude, and attitude was such a bad reason to get your name and your group's name on the news. Bringing your group's name to the news because of negative reasons, and now, getting your group's performance stages trimmed and going to be absent from your group's promotion. Great, it's just great. My contribution to the team.

"We just shouldn't have made such a fuss...it's not the first time when I used one arm during stage performances. I could use my left arm to hold the mic the whole time, and they might not even notice." I whispered the first part and mumbled.

"But buddies would know, right? How do you think they would feel, knowing that you are sticking to our tight schedule with your injury? They will be worried sick." Sowon-unnie countered.

I didn't try to argue with her anymore, knowing that we won't get to where I desired.

"At least you can get more sleep. Didn't you say that you were really sleepy early?" Eunha-unnie tried to lead me to think more positively.

"I guess so..." That's all I could do anyway.

~

I opened my eyes to the dark ceiling, glancing to the upper bunk, nobody. Listening carefully, I couldn't hear anything other than my own noisy breathing. I was sure that I was the only living person in the room. Ah yes...we got ASC recording...no...they got ASC recording...and I'm here sleeping. How wonderful.

My hand searched beside my pillow and grabbed my Ipad. I was going to hold it up above when I remembered that I shouldn't be moving my left arm too much. It's too dangerous for your face when you try to hold an Ipad above your face with one hand. So I rolled to my right side, propping the Ipad against the bars of my bed and started browsing. News were no longer about my attitude. I should say, no longer about my bad attitude. Now they are 'praising' my dedication towards my job. Nice, at least my group's name is not appearing on news talking on us.

I switched off the monitor of the Ipad and the room returned to absolute darkness.

Too many people knew about this and are concerned about this. That's not the plan. Shall this accident have not happened, there wouldn't have been so much attention on my health condition. My habitual dislocation would have remained a hidden situation amongst the public. Now that it happened, fans would be worried, not only now, but possibly in the future. And I can already see antis saying that this was a stunt to gain popularity, as if anyone would really do that. I was already too tired to comment on how the white matter of anti's brains probably shrunk or were underdeveloped. But anyhow, getting said that we did stunts to boost our popularity was really something we were tired of. To think that after the terrible accident during Me Gustas Tu era, we did so much, but still couldn't completely get that out of people's mouths. Accidents are not what we want people to know about us. Our work, our performances...these are what we want people to acknowledge.

They're not supposed to know. I sighed.

I was about to fall back to sleep when I seemed to hear the door open and close outside. Then I heard them.

"SinB-ya!" Eunha chanted, but immediately shushed by Sowon-unnie, "Shh...go check if she's asleep first. We might wake her up." Too late. I crawled closer to the bars and looked towards the door.

The next second light shone into the room and I met Umji's eyes. "SinB-ssi...ah!" I took her by surprise I guess. Now who don't get startled when you open a door and meet eyes with someone immediately.

"Wae?" I asked lazily. My voice sounded a bit hoase since I slept through almost the whole day.

“Oh did we wake you up? I'm sorry!” Umji asked worriedly.

"Nope, it's about time I wake up...I've been sleeping for the whole day my body feels rusty. What's up?" I asked.

"Ah! We were just going to ask you if you want some food. You didn't have dinner, did you?" Umji remembered her original intention.

"Oh great! I haven't had lunch AND dinner I'm just about to starve to death. What's on the menu?" I shot up and started climbing down my upper bunk. Yeah, upper bunk. Umji offered to let me take her lower bunk these few days (it's too dangerous for Yuju-unnie to offer hers), but I decided that I'm fine with my upper bunk.

"Be careful, Eunbi-ya!" Umji was so worried every time I get up or down my bed she said it's giving her a heart attack. "We bought gopchang and samgyeopsal!"

As soon as I stepped out of the room, the members hurried me over for food. "You're up! Quick and have some food! Umji too! Ppali!" That's Sowon-unnie.

"I was thinking whether we should save you a bowl..." Yuju-unnie said, considerate as always.

"The samgyeopsal is daebak!" That's our samgyeopsal-lover Yerin-unnie.

"Hur*om*ry *nom nom* up, other*chomp*wise it's *nom* getting co*chomp*ld!" Our bunnie-unnie said, with stuffed with food.

I chewed on a piece of sampgyeopsal that Sowon-unnie fed me, received a pair of chopsticks from Umji and started eating.

I don't know if things really will go as I thought it would, but at least, now, I have my members with me, and everything will be fine, right?

 

**Videos/pics/links time~**

Tweets about SinB's absence in the schedules: https://twitter.com/gfriendunited/status/757568794881429504 ; https://twitter.com/GFSquadproject/status/757375672129957889

20160725 Ulsan Summer Festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3m-Kv0ZMak

 

*Author's message*

An update as promised! I am really busy these few weeks and probably will continue to be that busy, but I left a msg here last week and said I would either update last weekend or this weekend, and I don't want to break my promise, so here it is! Enjoy!