Unexpectedly Worse

Dying to See You

 Due to the site's shutdown, everything since march 9th has been erased. This is why I'm re-posting this chaper now. I know that some of you already read this update and I'm sorry that I have to bother you again. I'm kind of mad because I didn't have the chance to read all the comments before they got removed. I'm also frustrated because the new subscribers have been taken off the list as well. Oh well... I thank you all for commenting even if I never really got to read all of them properly.

 

  “Excuse me… I asked you what you were doing in my brother’s room,” repeated Yoona for a second time. Yuri didn’t reply. She searched for her words.

   “Ummm. I… I was dropping by for a visit. Nichkhun forgot something at my house,” she stuttered as Yoona remained skeptical. Yuri’s eyes rolled from one side to another in order to avoid any eye contact that would reveal her lie.

   “How did you get in here in the first place?” she questioned with an angry expression on her face.

   “I…” Searching for the best solution, Yuri’s phone rang at the right time. She sighed and bowed. “Someone is looking for me. Yoona’sshi, I’ll talk to you whenever I get the chance.” Yoona became even angrier when seeing that the girl was avoiding her question. Yuri walked past her and out the exit. She ran away as far as possible from the house before finally answering the ringing phone that had not ceased to go on. “Annyeong haseyo.”

   “Yuri-ah! I’m at your house. Where are you? Why aren’t you home?” asked Victoria with worry.

   “Well…” She began while thinking on an excuse fast. “Umm, I slept somewhere else because I fought with my appa last night.”

   “Ah!” stated Victoria. Yuri felt horrible for lying.

 


 

   Many weeks went by, and Yuri tried to pretend like nothing happened. Nichkhun didn’t suspect a thing. He never mentioned anything about that night. Yuri figured that he was so drunk that he probably didn’t remember. It was better that way. Slowly, she forgot as well.

   It was a Tuesday. Victoria had extra curricular activities, so Yuri ate with Taecyeon in the cafeteria. Something made him watch her attentively… Something odd about the way she was eating: she ate too much. Much more than usual.

   Yuri stuffed a truckload of food in and Taec began to feel worried about this behavior. It was so unlike her.

   “How long ago did you eat?” asked Taec with a mischievous smile. He was amused yet concerned.

   “I don’t know… Maybe an hour ago. Why?”

   “Are you feeling okay, because you’ve never eaten this much before?”

   “I just feel hungry that’s all.”

   “Well, your appetite has been increasing lately. Are you sure that you aren’t sick?”

   “Not at all!” shouted Yuri in defense while chewing her food like a panda. She felt confident in her answer. She felt better than ever. How can she be sick?

   “Last time my omma ate this much was when she was pregnant to my sister. Perhaps…” Yuri glared roughly. She couldn’t believe how ridiculous his reasoning was.

   “How on earth can I be pregnant?” Taecyeon thought of it for a second. He lifted his shoulders without an answer. “Exactly,” she said before proceeding with the overdose of food. “Besides, I’m not eating that much more. You’re over reacting.” He nearly laughed at this ironic statement.

   “Whatever you say. All I know is that you have been having strange behaviors lately too. You get very moody easily and you have been gaining weig…” Taecyeon stopped before he could continue to say too much. “I’ll shut up now.”

   “That’s right.” Yuri thought about it, and it was true. Something has been different with her lately. She didn’t want to lie, but her waist grew awfully wide those past weeks. But Yuri refused to believe it. She couldn’t be pregnant. Moreover, this strange feeling kept haunting her. Somehow, something inside was telling her that this had something to do with the other night with Nichkhun.

   “Anyways, nice having lunch with you today Yuri-ah. I’ll see you later.” Yuri didn’t even notice him tap on her shoulder before leaving. She got stuck into a deep moment of reflection.

   “Am I pregnant?” she asked herself.

 


 

   “A flat!” ordered Yuri to Nichkhun when imposing the scales. She took a big swallow of orange juice directly from the 2L container. After going up and down the piano, Nichkhun stopped to listen to his companions shaking the bottle for the last drop.

   “Are you okay?” he asked with care. His hand came creeping up her forehead. Nichkhun didn’t find anything unusual as for the temperature. Yuri could feel how soft and humid his skin was on hers.

   “I’m fine,” she seemed hesitant. Luckily, Nichkhun couldn’t see it. “Oppa, I’ll be back in a second. Wait here and keep on going.” Yuri stood up and made her way to a nearby washroom. She shut the door behind her and pulled the pregnancy test she had bought out of her jacket’s pocket. As her eyes went through the instructions, she sat down on the toilet seat with her pants down.

   Yuri had already purposely drank a full 2L bottle and her bladder was ready to bust, just as indented. After placing the stick test for about 10 seconds under her liquid, she took it out and waited for a while. She began to feel extremely nervous for the results.

   After minutes waiting on the toilet seat with her eyes shut, she really wanted to open them to see if the red plus sign appeared. Yuri prayed that this wasn’t the case again. She already took 3 pregnancy tests in the past 2 weeks and didn’t want to believe any of them. She was confident that the forth would show her the opposite of the previous results.

   “Please…” she mumbled to the stick. Then, a voice came across the door, making her open her eyes.

   “Yuri-ah, are you okay?” asked Nichkhun while knocking on the edge of the door. Her eyes came across the result screen. It was right there:  The red plus sign again.

   “Ye, I’m alright.” She shut her eyes tight again. How could she be pregnant at a time like this? Her father didn’t cease to cause trouble and Victoria was more in love with Nichkhun than ever. Yuri shoved the stick inside the box and put it back in her pocket. As she opened the door, she could see Nichkhun leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets.

   “Did you wait long?” asked Yuri.

   “Yeah but, it’s cool.” There was an awkward silence. “Is anything the matter?” Yuri felt like saying it, because if she did, at least it wouldn’t be that bad later on. Also, if Nichkhun was the father, it would be logical to tell him. But, Victoria was the one stopping her. Yuri remembered how many times she cried for Nichkhun. She hated seeing Victoria cry. In fact, she peeved it most of all.

   “Aniyo. I just felt a bit drowsy. Let’s go back.” Yuri grabbed Nichkhun’s hand and pulled him back into the music room. A small tear ran down her cheek. Her voice sounded naturally joyful to Khun, but in reality, she was ready to cry her heart out.

 

“Omo, I’m pregnant!” she thought as she snapped back to reality.

 


 

   Later on, after the quick piano lesson, Yuri and Nichkhun walked home together. Hand in hand, Yuri remained passive as she led her friend down the streets and thought about everything going on. For some reason, she felt guilty towards Victoria. Even if Yuri had promised to help her get Nichkhun, she was making matters worse… Not that it was on purpose…

   They walked through a busy street. The smell of food surrounded them. Nichkhun could nearly feel the texture of everything without even having to touch them.

   “Doesn’t the food smell good?” asked Nichkhun. But Yuri didn’t feel very well. The fragrance of meat, fish and stew made her want to puke.

   “Nichkhun oppa, I fell kinda sick.” He stopped over and leaned over to hear her better.

   “What’s the matter?” He brought her head closer to his chest with her hand still covering her own mouth.

   “Yah! I’ll puke on you if you make me stick on you like this!”

   “But I want to make sure you’re okay!”

   “You don’t have to worry. I’m only feeling a little nauseous because I’m preg…”

Oups… She almost spilled it out.

   “Yeah… Because what?” he asked gently. Yuri bit her lips for talking too much.

   “Well…”