I Am Screwed

Dying to See You

Trailer here if you missed it!

  “Oppa, calm down, I’ll call someone to help you out,” she assured while scrambling for her phone. Nichkhun’s eyes began to water up. It felt as if someone was stabbing a fork through his eyelids. As he let out his pain by hitting violently on the wall, Yuri dialed the number calling the ambulance. When connecting to the other line, her words came out in complete disorder, panicking for help.

   “Yeoboseyo?” greeted the voice at the other line. Yuri trembled.

   “My… My friend is… hurting. Help me.” She became pale, even more than Nichkhun.

 


 

   Nichkhun sat all by himself in the darkness of his room. He wanted to be alone. It was the most painful and undesirable day he had ever lived for a very long time. He held one of the cans of bear he had placed on the table. His fingers wanted to open the can, but he knew it was wrong. He was still underage after all. But his spirits were downcast. He felt horrible and he wanted to forget this bitter sentiment that came to him when the doctor consulted him that afternoon.

*Flashback*

   Yuri sat beside Nichkhun at the hospital bed. The patient felt fine after that unexpected attack that almost consumed his eyes. Even if he couldn’t see, he could feel her beam warmly gazing at him. It made him feel so much better.

   Suddenly, a man came breezing through the door. It was doctor. He looked neither happy, neither concerned, just like most doctors would do. He held a medium sized file on which the room number was delicately printed on the cover. Yuri stood up and took a bow. She remained relatively calm. Nichkhun however, sensing the doctor’s presence, began to tremble. He felt his eye condition becoming worse, and he knew for sure that the results were going to be bad.

   “Annyeong haseyo ajusshi,” greeted Yuri with a smile.

   “Ye, annyeong haseyo,” he said while diving his eyes back down to the documents.

   “How is he?” asked Yuri for assurance. His smile faded as he eyed the bottom of the page. The doctor nodded and looked back up.

   “Well, Nichkhun-sshi, it looks like you’re fine now. But…” The pressure in their stomachs became tenser at the sound of the last word pronounced. “I’m afraid that there are complications that you have to deal with quickly.”

   “What do you mean?” asked Nichkhun in confusion.

   “Your eye has come to a stage where it becomes into a more critical state. The reason you’ve been feeling pain lately isn’t by chance. If you don’t get it treated soon, you’ll… remain blind for the rest of your life. The treatment that you’ve been saving for can’t be put into a pause any longer. You need surgery as soon as possible.”

   Yuri swallowed her thick saliva and watched Nichkhun sit quietly on the bed. She couldn’t tell whether or not it affected him.

   “How soon?” she questioned in calm but with anxiety.

   “He needs to get it as soon as he can. If not, it’s over.” Those words brought shivers down his spine.

*End of Flashback*

   Yuri snuck through the door of Nichkhun’s room after his mother had let her in. The only reason she tiptoed as discreetly as possible was because of Yoona. If she saw Yuri, she would surely be kicked out for good. Yuri flipped the switch, making the lights gleam throughout the room. The light exposed every element of the room clearly, including Nichkhun.

   Nichkhun sat on front of his table. Yuri could see the cans of alcohol ready to be opened. She ran towards the table and glance at everything in surprise.

  “Khun oppa, what’s all of this? You’ve been drinking?” He sat up when he heard Yuri’s familiar voice.

   “Not yet… I was going to. Do you want to help me finish all this?” Yuri glared harshly even if she knew he wouldn’t be able to see it.

   “What are you saying? We’re still minors. We can’t be reeking alcohol. What would your parents say?” She sounded annoyed by his attitude. “Yah! Khun oppa. Just because you didn’t get such good news back from the doctor, it doesn’t mean that it’s over. He said that there is still hope!”

   “Doubt it…” he simply said, thumping his fists on the table. Their eyes met and Yuri found pity in his eyes. They were filled with sorrow and pain.

   “Stop it! You’re hurting yourself even more! You will be able to see again. I assure you!” Nichkhun showed more or less change in his speech. 

   “You know, I hope that you are right. I would like to believe you.” He stopped and sat up in a more comfortable manner. “Did I ever tell you about the promise I made to myself?” Yuri nodded as her hair dangled down the front of her face. She then remembered that he couldn’t see her head motion and answered with a clear voice.

   “Aniyo.”

   “I used to tell myself that if I ever got to see again, I would retain the first girl I see... Do you know why?” Yuri didn’t utter a word. She waited for his answer in the mist of a long moment of silent. “It’s because my mom always told me since I was younger that the first person I see is the one meant for me. That's how I'll know who to love forever. I guess that I’ll never really know.”

   His words… Even she began to believe them. Looking at the realistic side of things, how would Nichkhun ever get to open his eyes?

   “Kwon Yuri,” he began. “Do you care to have your first drink here, right now, with me?” Looking at the circumstances, Yuri couldn’t refuse. After all, it was only a bit of alcohol. She wouldn’t dare drink more than a cup. Even if her conscious told her to stop, she sat on front of Nichkhun with a daring feel and opened the can of beer lying on front of her. Nichkhun could hear her every move as he proceeded in opening the can as well.

   At the count of three, Yuri and Nichkhun quickly drank the beer after a deep breath taken beforehand. The liquid went down their throats. Yuri could feel the sting of bitter taste. Nichkhun was more affected by its strong and disgusting scent. The friends carelessly drank their heads off. Their emotions were abundant as they went out of control. Yuri felt the need to keep going… So did Nichkhun.

   By the fifth can for both Yuri and Nichkhun, they lost their minds. None were fully aware of their surroundings. Yuri’s elbows leaned on the table as she reeked pure alcohol. She was drunk. Nichkhun wasn’t any better. Nevertheless, none were knocked out yet.

   Finally, all the cans were emptied. Nichkhun felt surprisingly wonderful, yet a tear came down his cheek. Even if doing this made him feel like nothing mattered, he still remembered everything he was dealing with. Yuri watched her friend miserably tearing up. With her confused brain, his image came in double. It made her extremely dizzy.

   “Nichkhun oppa, are you okay?” she questioned in partial consciousness. She almost looked crazy. “I thought that drinking was supposed to make you feel better. You look horrible.” Nichkhun slapped his head with the small amount of energy he possessed.

   “Yuri-ah, I don’t understand. Why does God hate me? Why won’t he give me the chance to see? Is it too much to ask for? I won’t ever be able to do anything alone, people won’t ever treat me like a regular person, and nobody will ever love me! Is this really what He wants?” Yuri scrambled for her words. Somehow, she had the courage to say anything without feeling any sort of shame.

   “Aniya! That’s not true at all.” Her hand stomped on the table. “I won’t treat you differently. I’ll treat you the same, and…I really love you.” She didn’t have any control over . They came out on their own and she didn’t really seem to care anymore. Nichkhun wasn’t sure why, but he, for one moment, felt similarly. Yuri grabbed his hand vigorously and bit her lips. “Saranghae oppa!”

   Her eyes flicked a few times. Nichkhun loosened her tug and found his way up her arm and unto the side of her neck. He caressed the side of her face with his hand and felt every inch of her soft skin. All of his actions came automatically. Before he knew it, they were kissing spontaneously. They couldn’t seem to stop. Nichkhun’s other hand came creeping down the side of her body as he stood up to push her towards his bed. Their lips didn’t separate, even for a second. Yuri played through his messy hair as she landed under him on the fresh bed sheets. Nichkhun pulled her sweater off her back and came in closer.

   He was as near as ever. Yuri could feel his muscular arms and his built up chest leaning on hers. Nichkhun’s lips pressed on Yuri’s with so much tenderness. It felt like a dream.

   Their lips were out of control.

 


 

   She took a deep breath of the fresh and warm smell in the room. The sheets were soft and comfortable to lie on and her fingers played through the blanket. Yuri’s head hurt for a while and she saw in duplicated images. Her eyes finally found a way to stay opened while staring at the blank ceiling. She recognized the place.

   “I’m still in Nichkhun oppa’s place? What am I doing in his room?” She quickly realized that it was HIS bed. Her eyes continued to lurk around like crazy. Then, she saw him beside her. Nichkhun was fast asleep, but something rung a bell in her mind: He wasn’t wearing clothes, and she wasn’t either. The upper part of his chest showed as the bottom was covered with the same sheet she used. Yuri’s eyes widened as she almost shouted out of fear. But she retained herself to avoid waking Nichkhun up. “What on earth happened last night? Could it be…We…” Yuri didn’t have to complete her sentence. She couldn’t remember what happened… In a way, she didn’t really want to remember.

   She quickly made up a plan in her head. Yuri figured that if she remained quiet and snuck out the room without waking anyone up, she could pretend that nothing happened. Her hands searched for her clothes somewhere nearby as she continued to eye her sleeping friend. When getting a hold of her shirt, and her underwear, she got out of bed and quickly put on everything else.

   “Yuri-ah… Babo. How did you end up doing this?” she whispered unhappily at her mistake. With all her clothing messily put on her body, she quietly walked out the door, took a last peek in the room, and shut the door with care. Considering how she didn’t get caught, the stress in her chest released as she leaned on the door. Random thoughts went through her head, including Victoria. “Victoria unni, I’ve sinned against you,” she mumbled with her eyes shut. Yuri sincerely felt guilty. She tried to recall her actions last night. All she could retain was a few sips of bear before her night went blank the rest of the way. “Aish.”

   “What are you doing here?” Yoona glared at Yuri with boiling anger. Yuri jolted backwards and stuttered.

 

“I’m screwed,” repeated Yuri in her head. 

 

Sorry for the late update. Lately, I've been thinking about deactivating my AFF account. Let's say that I "might" stop writing after this story. Maybe...