Better

Transformation in Ruins

 

Sorry for not updating earlier, I was working on a trailer for 'Mine' {Jaejoong ver.} (: 

link to that; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2Re4RB-Xw

**I am not happy with how this turned out… well…on to the chapter. 

 

I couldn't help but feel awkward as the guys kept staring at me with what I imagined were varied expressions. Disappointment probably stood out the most, it's why I kept my eyes glued to the bed sheet, lip being worried with my teeth out of habit. 

 

"~~~~~, what do you remember?" 

 

"Some of my childhood--although it seems like a big piece of that is missing-- the basics of life, my parents, what I learned in school, those kinds of things," I responded with a quiet hum, "I already know that you three are also important in my life, along with two other guys who would talk to me when they'd stop by…I just don't know who you are exactly and what roles you play in my life. I'm sorry…" 

 

Yunho slammed his fist down on the nearby chair and muttered a curse. This was exactly what he didn't want to happen. He could feel his heart wrenching painfully as he held back tears and avoided looking at ~~~~~. 

 

Changmin's lips formed a small frown as he gave ~~~~~'s hand a light pat, "It's okay, the doctor warned us about this. He said the memories usually come back after a couple of months or so… he also said there was a chance that-" His frown grew deeper as he trailed off with a sigh.

 

Jaejoong's eyes were filled with endless anguish as he ran his hand through his hair to keep his tears at bay. This was all because of him. If only he hadn't been such a horrible friend and person, this could have been prevented. 

I ing hate myself.

 

 

 

~~~~~ glanced up at Changmin with a curious expression, "The doctor said that what?" 

 

"….There's also a chance that you will never recover those memories," Yunho mumbled miserably.

 

Jaejoong winced as he took in the words again. No matter how many times he'd hear them, it never got any easier. 

 

~~~~'s eyes gained a troubled gleam that soon disappeared and was replaced with a smile,"Feeling bad won't help much. I must have forgotten those memories for a reason, whether it was bad or good…it doesn't matter. This is like a new beginning, and instead of worrying myself to death trying to recover lost memories, I'd rather create new memories with you all who I assume are my friends," ~~~~~ announced calmly. 

 

Yunho was ready to object when Changmin gave him a disapproving look, "Don't, hyung."

 

~~~~ cleared lightly to break up the staring match between Changmin and Yunho. Her lips quirked into an apologetic smile as she bowed her head slightly, "Um, can you two go call up my parents and the other two guys I have yet to meet so I can know all your names at the same time?" ~~~~~ requested. 

 

Changmin gave ~~~~ a quick smile before he pushed Yunho out of the room.

 

Jaejoong rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly before starting for the door as well. 

 

"Wait," ~~~~ called out making Jaejoong look back slowly, "There's something that won't stop bothering me, and I need you to answer me honestly, please."

 

Jaejoong met ~~~~'s solemn expression with a soft nod, eyes only meeting hers for a few seconds before settling on a nearby potted-plant. "Alright, what is it?" 

 

"….What are you to me? I know it's only normal for me to be curious considering my state, but…I keep getting this persistent nudge at the back of my head that just won't leave."

 

Jaejoong's expression grew dark for a fraction of a second as he slowly met ~~~~'s stare, "I'm no one special, ~~~~." 

 

~~~~~ pouted as she crossed her arms in mild irritation, "That's not the answer I was looking for…" 

 

"Trust me, it's better than what you wanted to hear," Jaejoong chuckled wryly. The way he saw it, if he could maintain a distance from ~~~~ to allow her to fully heal and get back into the game of life, without burdening her with thoughts of the past…the better things worked out. It may seem like he was taking the easy way out of things, but in all honesty, he was lying for her. He didn't want to see her return to her previous state which he pushed her into, that just wasn't healthy for anyone. And instead of allowing her to carry all that weight, he'd go through it alone. Just like he'd let her do for almost two and a half years. The guilt would never disappear, and neither would the self-loathing he'd developed since before his transformation--which only got stronger each day he hurt ~~~~~ more and more. It really was for the best. 

 

After taking in the tension in Jaejoong's form, ~~~~ heaved a quiet sigh, "Fine, I did say that the past no longer mattered… So, tell me about yourself then, umm…" 

 

"Jaejoong," He commented with a slight smile as he took in ~~~~'s expression that was overloaded with cute as she tried to recall his name--he assumed. 

 

~~~~'s eyes lit up somewhat as she grinned, "Right, tell me about yourself, Jaejoong." 

 

 

 

 

"You must be really popular then, huh?" ~~~~~ commented out of nowhere as she studied Jaejoong's features closely, "What happened to your nose by the way?" 

 

Jaejoong bit back a smirk as he shook his head, "Popularity means nothing if you don't have the one person who always believed in you by your side at the end of the day. As for my nose, it was a well-deserved gift that helped bring me to my senses."

 

~~~~~ gave an understanding nod, "So…I'm guessing you were a jerk to that one person you mentioned…" She then stated bluntly. 

 

"Yeah….and it's something I'll regret for the rest of my life," Jaejoong responded with a frown as he gazed deeply at ~~~~~. 

 

"You seem like a nice enough guy, I'm sure whoever you hurt will forgive you if you open yourself up and apologize with your heart and soul." 

 

Jaejoong was about to respond when Changmin burst in the room with an overly-excited Junsu at his heels. 

 

"I BROUGHT FOOD~" 

 

"SISTER~!!!" Junsu sang out in English before hugging ~~~~~ as if his life depended on it. 

 

Once free of the hug, ~~~~ replenished her lungs with oxygen before returning Junsu's wide grin with an unsure smile, "Um…brother?" 

 

Junsu jumped around excitedly, "Yes, yes, brother~" He responded once more in English before switching back to Korean, "The best brother in the world to my baby sister~" 

 

The doors were then pushed open as Yoochun entered the room with the rest of ~~~~~'s visitors; Yunho & her parents.

 

"My precious baby," ~~~~~'s mom cooed with tears in her eyes as she made her way towards ~~~~~ and pulled her into a warm hug. ~~~~~'s father followed with some words of joy as he ruffled his daughter's hair playfully.

 

Yoochun remain close to the door as he glared pointedly at Jaejoong, "Why are you here?" 

 

~~~~~'s parents then became aware of the other presences in the room and gained looks of fury as they met Jaejoong's eyes. 

 

"You get out of my daughter's room! How dare you come by when you're why she-" 

 

"DAD, MOM!" ~~~~~ exclaimed, "Leave him alone." 

 

"Honey, don't you realize that he's the one who-" 

 

~~~~~ narrowed her eyes in annoyance, "I don't care what he did, I say that he can stay and none of you can say otherwise." 

 

Yoochun cast ~~~~~ a surprised look at her standing up for the person who did her wrong more than once, "Are you serious right now, ~~~~~?" 

 

"Yes," She responded cooly before turning her attention to the two hyper males jumping to the right of her bed while eating, "Now, you two, names please." 

 

-----------

remember what I mentioned earlier, Junsu tends to refer to those he's really close to as his brothers/sisters and such. Him and reader are not really related. 

Let me know what you all thought~ (: 

Next update will be with the reader already out of the hospital and out of the recommended rehabilitation treatment. So…a couple of months forwarded, k? Oh and the drama will return..more than ever. Which is why I tried to end this chapter on a light note since the rest will be more...serious(in almost all parts) 

That will also help me (hopefully) finish the story by the date I set for myself. ^-^