got my first real six string

supermoo

set last year of school


[jungkook] post up
[jungkook] minkyung wants to go music shop trawling in town
[jungkook] there's some record store she wants to check out and also a large music store
[rose] yeS
[rose] how are you getting to town
[rose] how am i getting to town
[jungkook] minkyung says tell yoonoh
[jungkook] get him to come too
[rose] k he says yes
[rose] so we'll see you there?
[jungkook] yeah at the station?
[rose] sounds good m8

*

 

'you guys seem close,' yoonoh comments dryly as rose and minkyung sway in a tight embrace.

'we hooked up, so we're basically best friends now,' rose tells him as they separate and his eyebrows fly up.

'yeah, regretting missing that party now,' yoonoh sighs and jungkook nods.

'you're gay as ,' minkyung laughs.

'and you're straight, your point?' yoonoh shoots back, and jungkook pats him on the shoulder.

'it was truly magnificent,' he tells him gravely, 'really should have been appreciated by more people.'

'ert,' minkyung tells him, voice pricked with amusement.

'i prefer appreciator of art,' he informs her loftily, 'and it was art.'

rose slings an arm around jungkook's shoulder with a laugh. 'i've missed you,' she says, 'maths isn't the same without you there.'

'we're literally in the same maths class,' yoonoh says dryly.

'yeah, but you work most of the time,' rose explains.

'stop pretending you're not a good student,' yoonoh tells her.

'it's not by choice,' she sighs, letting her arm fall from jungkook's shoulders and instead linking arms with minkyung. 'so, what's the first stop?'

*

'they're so pretty,' rose sighs, looking at the guitars hanging on the wall while jungkook taps at cymbals on the other side of the store.

'you play?' minkyung asks and rose nods.

'one of my strings snapped the other day, it's so annoying.'

minkyung nods. 'it is frustrating. do you play nylon or steel strings?'

'currently, nylon,' rose responds, 'why?'

'i've been wanting to get a steel string acoustic, and i was just wondering if you knew any good ones,' minkyung says, her eyes running over the models on display.

'are you planning to get one today?' rose says with a laugh and minkyung shrugs.

'maybe.'

'oh,' rose says, 'well. i'm not sure?'

minkyung flashes her a brilliant smile. 'help me choose?'

'you're asking me to play around on guitars?' rose asks, 'because definitely.'

*

'oh, rose,' minkyung says, as they leave the music store. 'here.'

rose takes the pack of nylon strings, faintly confused. 'okay?'

'they're for you,' minkyung explains, 'you said your string snapped.'

rose's jaw dropped. 'are you serious?' she exclaims, 'oh my god, i actually love you, you so did not have to?'

'i wanted to,' minkyung says with a smile, 'you can tune my guitar in payment.'

rose squeals and bounces up to give minkyung a kiss on the cheek.

'i ship it,' jungkook whispers to yoonoh, and promptly gets shoved because of it. 'what?'

*

they're sitting around in the gardens, a joint being passed discreetly around while rose plucks at the strings of minkyung's new guitar.

'you want?' minkyung asks, offering the joint when she sees rose looking longingly at it.

rose shakes her head as yoonoh snorts. 'i can't,' she says, 'i've failed my last two drug tests, i can't fail another one, i'll get kicked out of school.'

'your school has drug tests?' minkyung asks and jungkook laughs.

'i never got randomly selected for those,' he says happily and yoonoh holds his hand out for a high five.

'yeah, fail one, and you're ed,' rose says miserably, 'like maybe don't even breathe on me, honestly, it may be too close.'

jungkook discreetly exhales in the opposite direction of her.

'we've never had random drug tests at waldorf,' minkyung says, amused, 'or any drug tests.'

'yeah, i can't decide if that's because waldorf just expects us to be better than that and just trusts us not to, or they just think we all do anyway and don't give a ,' jungkook says, handing the joint to yoonoh. 'it's waldorf, it honestly could go either way.'

'it's all natural, so why would they be against it?' yoonoh quips before taking a drag.

rose groans. 'i am so jealous right now,' she whines, 'it's been so long, and it's so long until the end of the school year, i'm going to die. last day of school, swear to god, i am getting so ing high. at school.'

'like last day of school or last day of exams?' yoonoh asks on an exhale.

rose considers. 'i can write an exam high,' she says, 'probably.'

'i study better when i'm high,' jungkook inputs, 'helps me concentrate.'

rose shrugs. 'maybe both, then. maybe both. definitely wanna do my final assembly high.'

'i'll join you,' yoonoh says.

'... they wouldn't do a drug test on valedictory, right? would they?'


tyvm to ao3 user mysteric for the absolutely glorious music of the soul ot4 rose jaehyun minkyung and jungkook is it not just the most fabulous friend subgroup yes it is