I said I'm sorry mama

supermoo

Set beginning of last year of school directly after the previous chapter

--------------------------------+-------------------

 

'so what exactly is a one month coping meeting?' minkyung asks, leaning back on her elbows on the picnic blanket.

'pretty much getting ed,' jungkook says nonchalantly, and minkyung quirks an eyebrow. 'like getting drunk,' he hastens to add. 'we like to just hang out and get drunk. dawon's mom works nights, so there's no one there so it's kind of become the main go to place.'

'and the other parents don't notice when they pick you up?' 

'okay, so,' jungkook starts, 'the deal is, no one goes home. we call it a movie night, and crash there. there's a lot of mattresses.'

kyungwon laughs. 'a movie night.'

'we do watch movies sometimes,' jungkook defends, 'we had a disney night once. it was fantastic. i got drunk as and cried when mufasa died. i was not the only one.'

'it sounds like fun,' kyungwon admits.

'the drinking or crying at dead lions?' jungkook asks.

kyungwon crinkles her nose. 'out of those choices, definitely the first one.'

'so, are you guys in?'

minkyung looks over at kyungwon. 'i am,' she says.

kyungwon nods. 'yeah, it sounds like fun.'

'cool,' jungkook says, smiling, 'you guys can just catch a ride with me after school on friday.'

'sounds like a plan,' minkyung agrees, lowering herself to lay down.

*

'hello?' comes dawon's crackly voice through the intercom.

'hi, i'm here to pick up the drugs,' jungkook says, leaning against the wall.

there's a brief silence. 'the- oh, off, jungkook,' dawon says and jungkook laughs as the connection disconnects and the gate starts opening.

dawon meets them at the gate to her house, giving jungkook a light punch before hugging him tightly. 

',' she says affectionately and then lets go of him, smiling at minkyung and kyungwon. 'hi! i'm dawon, it's nice to officially meet you.'

'i'm kyungwon,' kyungwon introduces, and dawon pulls her into a hug.

'that must make you minkyung,' dawon says, turning to minkyung. 'can i just say, i cannot imagine you dating yugyeom. why would you do that?'

'hey, gyeom's not that bad,' jungkook protests.

'just cos you've his ,' dawon tosses at him and minkyung gapes in delight.

'i have not,' jungkook says, albeit slightly hesitantly. 

dawon winks at him. 'haven't you?'

' you guys,' jungkook complains, 'stop exploiting my black outs.'

dawon laughs and turns back to minkyung. 'nah, i'm kidding, yugyeom's hot, i can't lie.'

minkyung laughs. 'yeah.'

'so, my mom's still asleep, i've gotta wake her up now, if you guys wanna dump your stuff in the garage so long,' dawon tells them, 'mingyu was complaining about food the entire day at school today, so he's getting here a bit early to throw things in the oven, i think.'

jungkook presses his hand to his heart. 'ah, my soulmate. i've missed him.'

'you work together,' dawon says dryly and jungkook waves it off.

'he's only my soulmate when he brings food, the doesn't bring food to work.'

dawon rolls her eyes and turns her attention to the girls. 'do you guys smoke?'

minkyung nods. 'on occasion.'

'can you roll?'

'not particularly well,' minkyung admits.

dawon sighs. 'are we really going to have to wait for minghao to get here?'

'i'm not bad,' kyungwon pipes up.

'she actually rolls the most beautiful joints,' minkyung says, 'most of the time.'

dawon immediately links her arm with kyungwon. 'you're my new best friend,' she informs her, 'and i'm putting you to work, if that's okay.'

kyungwon laughs in slight surprise. 'that's totally fine with me.'

dawon grins. 'oh, we're gonna get along great.'

*

'hi,' jihyo greets after the rest of the mob she'd arrived with has greeted. 'i'm jihyo.'

a slight flush rises on kyungwon's cheeks and her eyes dart between jihyo and jungkook. 'oh,' she says and jimin claps excitedly.

'oh my god, it totally was you they both hooked up with that night!' she crows and minkyung's eyebrows fly up before she starts laughing. 'you definitely live up to the hype, just gotta tell you,' jimin adds, and kyungwon buries her face in her hands. 

'i have spent the last forever wondering,' jungkook declares indignantly, 'how come she's the one who prompts the memory?'

'oh, she totally knew it was you,' minkyung assures him, wrapping her arm around kyungwon.

'i didn't know you knew each other,' comes the muffled whine from behind kyungwon's hands. 

'so,' dawon says with a grin and a clap, 'now that my mom's gone, joints or alcohol first?'

jimin puts a hand on dawon's shoulder. 'sweetheart,' she says almost condescendingly, 'obviously both.'

*

'when i was young,' seokmin starts, contemplating the joint passing around, 'i was like, i'm never going to do drugs. now i'm like-' he pauses to take a hit, passing it on and waiting a beat before exhaling and continuing. 'now i'm like, i probably won't do meth.'

bambam nods seriously from where he's mixing lemon twist and vodka in the jug. 'good policy,' he says, 'words to live by.'

'what about not opening a second litre bottle of vodka for thirteen people?' kyungwon says, cheeks already quite flushed where she's curled up in the corner, using minghao as a support.

'well, that's just unrealistic,' bambam replies solemnly.

*

maybe it's because half the group had migrated inside, or maybe it's because yugyeom likes to provoke situations when he's drunk, but whatever the cause, the fact is that after the second bottle of vodka dwindles to nothing, gyujin ends up undoing yugyeom's pants with intent.

'no, i'm out,' jihyo hiccups through her laughter, stumbling up and making her way to the door, 'i'm not watching this.'

'no, don't leave me here!' mingyu burbles, using jungkook's shoulder to lever himself up, reaching out to take jihyo's hand when he was close enough.

jihyo spares one last glance behind, letting out a scandalised giggle as gyujin pulls yugyeom's out.

'i'm just saying,' yugyeom's telling gyujin, 'if you do a good job, your gender won't even matter.'

'oh my god,' minkyung's laughing from where she's cuddled up with rose, 'does this happen often?'

rose shakes her head, fingers mostly covering her eyes. 'i can safely say this has never happened before.'

'are you tryna get in on the action?' jungkook demands as bambam's hand that isn't covering his eyes ends up patting jungkook's crotch.

bambam bring his hand down to shoot jungkook a betrayed look, before galncing down and pulling his other hand away. 'i was trying to hold your hand for support.'

'i don't need support,' jungkook declares boisterously.

'i ing do!' bambam exclaims, then glances over just as gyujin takes yugyeom in his mouth. 'oh my god!' in one swift movement, bambam covers his eyes again and grabs jungkook's hand with his free hand.

'ow, ow, motherer!' jungkook yelps, swatting at bambam's wrist to try get him to loosen his grip. 

'minkyung!' kyungwon warbles a minute or so later, swaying onto the doorframe for support. minkyung looks up at her with a grin. 'they're watching weird stuff, minghao's pulled up like nazi thomas the tank engine videos, i don't like it.' at this point, kyungwon looks towards the movement in the room and her eyes widen as she stares as if at a trainwreck. 'oh my god.'

'what the ,' comes dawon's voice behind kyungwon, 'i just went to the ing bathroom, what the hell, why.'

'to challenge yugyeom's heterouality,' rose pipes up, eyes fixed pretty determinedly on the door.

dawon's head appears around the door frame to meet rose's gaze. 'i repeat. why.'

rose can only shrug. 

'no, babe, come, you don't wanna see that,' dawon's voice floats in again, her hand reaching out to tug kyungwon out with her.

'you ed that?' kyungwon hisses in what she clearly thinks is a quiet voice, looking at minkyung with wide, faintly impressed eyes, pointing loosely in the direction of yugyeom, before dawon succeeds in pulling her out with a laugh, leaving the garage in hysterics.

dawon reappears after yugyeom's stumbled inside, eyeing gyujin lying on the mattress warily. 'and the verdict?' she asks.

'gyeom gets whiskey !' jungkook crows. 'y'all are ing lying about me going down on him!'

*

'no, i'm straight,' minkyung says for the umpteenth time, trying to explain, 'but i enjoy hooking up with girls.'

'lalisa's like that!' rose says excitedly.

'see, it is a thing!' minkyung exclaims. 'like i would totally make out with you.'

'oh my god, yes,' jungkook breathes, eyes wide.

'i would so be down for that,' rose says, 'like. so down.'

'this is the best night of my life,' jungkook declares emotionally several minutes later, when rose's hand is sliding up along minkyung's top to lightly cup her as they kiss languidly and deeply. 'i'm in heaven. i have the best view. i want this to be burned onto my retinas forever.'

'i don't know,' gyujin says, almost falling asleep where he's leaning against jungkook, 'i've never been that into two girls making out.'

jungkook gives him an offended look, and rose breaks away from minkyung to gape at gyujin over minkyung's shoulder.

'what?' rose demands, 'how?'

'i'm not saying i don't enjoy it!' gyujin protests sleepily, 'i'm just saying it doesn't quite live up to the hype for me!'

'are you broken?' rose asks.

'i feel betrayed,' jungkook tells him, 'i thought you were my pan pal.'

'like i'm a straight female, and i watch lesbian to get off sometimes,' minkyung says with a laugh. 'for a while it was the only thing that did it for me.'

rose points at minkyung, nodding furiously. 

'i'll do it for you!' jungkook volunteers, looking at minkyung earnestly, his hand half raised.

minkyung laughs and reaches out to pat his shoulder. 'it's okay, i don't need help. you know sometimes you just get like really and need to let off some steam?'

'literally just call me,' jungkook insists, 'it can be like three in the morning, i don't care, i will get there.'

'jungkook, it's fine,' minkyung says, grinning widely.

'no, but like, it's always better with someone else, right? i will be that someone else, like just ? i can so do that.'

'shh,' minkyung soothes, 'really, like, i'm more than fine, i got myself off like. thirteen times in a row this one time.'

'jesus christ,' gyujin mumbles.

'marry me,' rose says.

'i'll get you off fifteen times!' jungkook declares, 'twenty times even! i can do it!'

' off, jungkook, she's mine tonight,' rose tells him, winding her arms around minkyung's waist.

'oh, please,' jungkook says with a content grin, immediately subsiding, 'don't let me stop you.'

rose rolls her eyes at him and mumbles 'as if,' before minkyung turns and kisses her again.

*

the house is quiet the next morning, out of respect for dawon's sleeping mother as well as the unfortunate ones among them, people gradually waking up and moving around.

'if you all have money, we should go to mcdonald's,' dawon yawns.

jungkook groans almost ographically. 'i will even sponsor a couple people if it means we go to mcdonald's,' he says.

eventually, everyone's mostly gathered, leaning against each other in half asleep hugs, minkyung pursing her lips together to hold back a laugh when she sees yugyeom and jungkook.

yugyeom returns her gaze with a resigned look. 'yeah,' he says, 'just. don't even. just leave it.'

jungkook snorts with laughter before he catches minkyung's eyes and his smile drops, his eyes going wide with horror as he freezes. 'oh my god,' he says, 'did i-?'

rose burst into laughter at his face.

'oh my god, i am so sorry,' he tells minkyung, 'i am so sorry.'

'what?' yugyeom asks looking between minkyung and jungkook. 'what happened?'

'so sorry,' jungkook repeats.

'it was sweet,' minkyung tells him, 'don't worry about it.'

'i want to die,' jungkook moans, burying his face in his hands.

'what happened?' yugyeom whines plaintively.