splish splash splish splosh

supermoo

set first year post school probs, near the end of the last year of school earliest


it probably wasn't the best idea to fall asleep in the sun, but roseanne thinks considering they're dressed, even if it is in shorts and tshirts, they should be okay.

and it was fairly accidental, a slightly hungover minghao appearing from who knows where with the request to just lie by the pool in mostly silence. considering that's what she was already doing, she was fine with it.

it's about mid afternoon when her phone vibrates next to her head and she emerges from the depths of sleep, reaching out with a yawn.

[mingyu] jimin and i coming to hijack ur pool
[mingyu] it's fukn hot
[rose] lmao sure
[mingyu] i can literally see your gate
[rose] let yourself in

she looks over at minghao, still fast asleep on the stone tiles surrounding the pool.

'hao?' she tries. no answer. 'minghao.' nothing.

she heaves herself up and spots minghao's phone charging in the lounge. 

'minghao?' she calls sweetly, reaching out to poke him with her toe.

all she gets in response is a small grunt.

really, it's too easy, too tempting, and roseanne crouches down next to him, and with a massive heave, deposits him into the water.

she skips back a few steps as there's prompt thrashing and flailing as minghao wakes up and tries to get his bearings, and then he's standing, the water coming up to his waist, arms out, clothes soaked, and water rolling down his face. he looks up at her, mouth open in aghast disbelief, and she grins behind her hands, almost unbelieving that she'd actually done that.

'you did not,' he says lowly and she can't hold back a giggle.

*

jimin's just swung the gate shut behind her when they hear a shriek, and roseanne comes tearing around the corner moments later, skipping and hiding behind mingyu just as a soaked minghao comes around the corner.

'save me,' roseanne pleads, mirth in her voice.

mingyu and jimin exchange a look. 'how did you do it?' mingyu asks, knowing first hand that minghao might be wiry but that doesn't mean he's weak.

'i was asleep,' minghao all but growls and jimin whistles. 

'nice knowing you,' she says to roseanne.

'in my defence,' roseanne says, maneuvering mingyu to remain in front of her as minghao stalked closer. 'i did try to wake you up before resorting to that.'

'mingyu,' minghao starts.

'nope, i'm not taking a side,' mingyu preempts. 

minghao darts forward, and mingyu's subjected to being stuck between a fiercely battling minghao and roseanne, before roseanne decides to cut her losses and make a break, heading back the way they'd came, minghao hot on their heels.

jimin and mingyu hear the shriek and the splash just before they rounded the corner themselves to see a sputtering and laughing roseanne rise out of the water, minghao in the water himself looking incredibly satisfied.