Chapter 8: Knowing The Secret

TWO TIMERS

Shin Hye slowly open her eyes once she heard her alarm going off. She reach for her bedside table to look at the clock- 7.30. She yawn and stretch her body a little before looking up to see her boyfriend’s handsome face. He was still sleeping peacefully with his lips slightly open along with low snore that come from his pretty mouth.

Shin Hye smile as she mesmerizing his feature. She poke his nose using with her forefinger and giggle when he rub his nose cutely and continue sleeping. “Okay then, sleep more sleepy head”, she said softly while caressing his cheek. She kiss his lips which he return with something incoherence before she loosen his hold on her body and get off of the bed.

She can feel the sore on her lower part after last night activity but manage to bear with it. She turn to look at Yong Hwa who pull the blanket to cover his face.

She shook her head and collect their clothes, wear his shirt- that too much big for her till it cover her until her thigh- and put the rest on the basket before walking out toward the kitchen to make breakfast.

Once inside the kitchen, Shin Hye go directly to the refrigerator to take some vegetable and meat. Just as she was about to cut the vegetable, she felt a pair of arms hugging her from behind. She turn her head to see the shirtless Yong Hwa- obviously! - nestle his face on her neck.

“Good morning”, Yong Hwa mumble as he leave light kisses on her skin.

“Mmm… Good morning”, Shin Hye greet back lightly moan from his touch. “How is your sleep?”.

“Great. Last night was the best night in my life”. He lift his head to look straight to her face and admire how her eyes shine brightly this morning.

“Nado”. She give him her sweetest smile. “Now, go wash up, I’ll cook breakfast for us”, she said and caress his face.

“Ah~ Shireo!”, he whine like a little kid while shaking his head stubbornly and tighten his hold instead letting her go.

“Ya~ Oppa~ Ige mwoya?”, she said and giggle when Yong Hwa tickles her neck with his nose. “Let me go, I’m going to cook”.

He shake his head. “Kiss me first then I’ll go”. He look at her with a teasing smile plaster on his lips. Shin Hye roll her eyes then give him a light peck. He doesn’t seem satisfied though.

“Mwoya?”, he ask as he frown. Before she could say anything, he hold her chin up and give her a proper kiss. The kiss 

was last longer than intended after she kiss him back. After a few minutes the broke the kiss and smile toward each other. “That is a kiss”, he said.

Shin Hye chuckle and smack his bare chest playfully as he let her go. “Ah! Before you go”, she said as he was about to turn around. “I buy you some clothes a few days ago, it’s on my closet. You can used it”.

“Arasseo”. He smile, peck her cheek then leave the kitchen to freshen up.

As Shin Hye busy to prepare the food, Yong Hwa rummaging her closet to search the clothes that she mean. He smile brightly when he found it. Just as he want to take it out, he spot something on top of her clothes. It’s seem like a photo album or something.

Getting curious, he take it out and start to look inside of it. Indeed in was an album. He smile upon looking at how cute Shin Hye was as she still a kid. The picture was showing little Shin Hye in her summer dress playing with little bunny, standing beside her was an older girl smiling as she pose for the camera- maybe her sister. But Shin Hye never mention to him about having a sister.

He keep looking on the pictures until one particular picture stop him. There are picture of three happy face- a boy and two girl. He recognize on of the girl as the same girl from before but what stop him is not her- it was the other girl. The girl that he knew so much and can’t be mistaken by him- she was Eun Hye. But how come Shin Hye have Eun Hye’s picture with her and how come he never knew the girl and the boy beside her in this picture? He even never see this picture before this. Yong Hwa peel the picture from the place and decide to ask Shin Hye later.

***

They were enjoying their breakfast in silent before Yong Hwa decide to brake it off. He take the picture from his pocket and place it in front of Shin Hye. “Would you tell me who are they?”, he said in calm voice.

Shin Hye look at the picture with a surprise look. “Wh-where you get this picture?”.

“I found it inside your photo album in your closet”. He sees her look so fidgety and she took a deep breath before look at him with unreadable expression.

“I think it’s time for you to know the truth”.

***

“So she is Park Min Young, your sister and this boy is her boyfriend?”.

“Fiancé, to be precise but... yes”.

Shin Hye has been telling him a little detail about them and Yong Hwa take it quiet good, though it still didn’t answer his question about Eun Hye.

“And what’s their relationship with Eun Hye?”

“Best friends”. She pause for a while before adding, “I suppose”.

“What do you mean ‘I suppose’?”. He look at her with furrowed eyebrow.

“Well, Eoni found them cheating behind her back two years ago when he supposed to marry her in less than two week”, she said pointing at Eun Hye’s and Yoo Chun’s picture.

“Wait, two years ago? You mean…”.

“Yes”. She cut him off. “And I guess they are still seeing each other up until now”.

Yong Hwa scoff in disbelieve. How come he know nothing about this? He was dating her more than three years for crying out loud! And he doesn’t know that he was being cheated the whole time or maybe he was the third wheel?

“Oppa?”. She held his hand and squeeze it gently to comfort him. “I’m sorry”.

“No, it’s okay. I just suddenly feel so stupid because of this”. He was mad, okay! But he manage to keep his calm. “So, how about your sister?”, he ask to divert the topic.

“Heartbroken, of course. But as kind heart as her, she forgive them and even do like you do, she blame herself for being such a fool”. She chuckle bitterly and this time in him comforting her by squeezing her hand. “She go to confront them and cancel her weeding with him but end up falling from the cliff on her way back”.

“So what happen next?”. Yong Hwa really want to know what happen to Min Young because it seem bring a huge impact on Shin Hye’s life. He could see that by the way she clench her fist ever so tightly until her knuckles turn white.

“She dead in the accident and everyone assume that it was her way to commit a suicide because she can’t take the pain of her heartbroken. Even both my parents think so. But I knew her better, she won’t dare to do that kind of thing”.

Yong Hwa saw a drop of tears falling down on the dining table and it was his cue to bring her on his comforting embrace.

“She was on a call with me during that time. She said that she feel sorry for not hearing me when I told her that he was no good for her and also for defending him but she feel relief after she end everything and she hope that she can find another man that was better than him. A better man who can love her with all his heart”, she said between her sniffle. “I get angry at her for being such a fool and mock her for being such a dreamer and for believing such a fairytale. I don't know thai it would be our last conversation before I heard her scream and a loud crash then the line was cut off”.

“Since that day, my relationship with my parents was nowhere near good. We often to argue that it was not pure accident nor her suicide either but they won’t believe me. Instead the thought that I’m becoming crazy because I can’t take the fact of losing the closest person for me then later that day they try to put me in the asylum”.

“That’s why I hate everyone from my past and lost my trust toward them. Just Kim Bum and Min Ho Oppa who believe me that time, they even help me to investigate Eoni’s accident. Indeed, someone has sabotage her car. We suspect a few person in this case but we don’t have enough evidence to prove it. Min Ho Oppa still work on it, he won’t give up until he found that responsible person”. Her voice is much calmer now than before.

Yong Hwa loosen his embrace but keep his arms around her. “And I bet Eun Hye is one of the person you suspect”, he guess while looking at her teary eyes.

“Yes”, she said without hesitation.

“Then, the reason we are together now…”, he start hesitating wether to ask her or not. “Is it had something to do with her?”. His heart was beating so fast. He was afraid that she will say yes.

“Yes”.

His heart fell to his stomach. It was as if his nightmare has come to haunt him.

***

Shin Hye regret her answer as soon as she saw the hurt look on his face. She felt his heart clench as he slowly pull his hand off of her. Shin Hye quickly take a hold for his arm that make him look up at her. “No, don’t. What I mean is, I knew her so much and I don’t want her to hurt you the way she hurt my sister. You deserve more than a cheater like her. Honestly, I never intend to involve in a romantic feeling with you. I just intend to pull you out from her grip, to set you free from her”, she explain in a soft voice.

“Because you and Min Young Eoni is the kind of person that has a pure, kind and innocence heart. And someone like you is deserve of sincere love”. She reach for his face- caressing his jaw with her thumbs, she said, “Even I, I don’t feel I’m good enough for you”.

He look straight to her eyes and can see her sincerity from her word. He also reach for her face, cupping it in his hands. “Believe me, you are more than good for me”, he said then slowly lean in to seal their lips together.

They kiss slowly, moving in synchronization, open and close their mouth following the rhythm. He kiss her lower lips while she kiss his upper lips. They kiss softly to show their sincere felling. He on her lower lips on last time before breaking apart. 

He keep their forehead touch as he said, “I’ll help you. I’ll help you to find the evidence and I’ll help you to fight her if we find out she was the one who responsible for that”.

She sigh in relief to have him by her side. She felt grateful. “Thank you, Oppa. That’s mean a lot for me”.

He pull her in for a tight hug, burying her face in his chest as he buried his face in her hair. He promise to protect her with all his heart as she protect him with her own way. “Hmm. It’s because I love you”.

Doesn’t care how many time he said that three magic word, it always make her heart flutter. “And I love you too, more than I imagine I do”, she mumble in his chest.

And he was more than happy to hear that.

###

 

 

 

Chapter 8, finally her secret surface.

What do you think about that?

It’s a little short update. Honestly, I’ve been sleepy by now. So… good night! See you in the next chapter.

 

 

Clue: let’s irritate Eun Hye by showing the real affection of Yong Shin.