Chapter 5: Shinji~

TWO TIMERS

He took her hand which she use to put some cream on his face and squeeze it lightly that make her look up to his eyes. 

“Shin Hye-ssi”, his voice was soft as a feather as he spoke. “Could I ask you a question?”. He lock his eyes on her. 

“What is it?”, she ask hesitantly. 

“Is it okay to fall in love while you already had someone beside you?”, he said without breaking their eye contact. 

Shin Hye keep her silence as she lost her word on hid deep stare. 

“Tell me, is it okay to felt that way? Because I think that what I felt toward you”. 

Shin Hye was speechless to hear his sudden confession but she compose herself and clear . “Sorry Yong Hwa-ssi, I think you are misunderstood everything. I don’t feel anything about you but as a friend”, she said carefully afraid to hurt his feeling. Hurting him is the last thing that she would do if she have to. “I’m really sorry, Yong Hwa-ssi”. She pull her hand for his grip and leave Yong Hwa in disappointment.

 

***

 

“Where is that girl again?”, Mrs. Park ask the servant in Shin Hye’s apartment. She just come to pay a visit for her daughter only to find that she doesn’t even home.

“I don’t know Madam, but Yong Lady should have been home two hour ago”, she answer while bowing her head.

Mrs. Park sigh and massage her temple- thinking about Shin Hye behavior always bring headache to her. Day by day her attitude just getting worse and worse. She is not the Shin Hye that she knew anymore. She used to be a nice girl, obedient, cheerful, and friendly toward everyone even with the servants and butlers. But ever since Min Young death she has change. 

She blame everyone for her sister death. She can never accept about her being commit in a suicide after her boyfriend cheat on her. Because Shin Hye knew her sister better than anyone and she knew Min Young is not that stupidto do such a thing just because a broken heart. And she hate anyone for belief such a ridiculous idea about Min Young, she knew there is something more than just a stupid accident behind her death that no one knew.

After through days and nights arguing with her parents whom refuse to believe anything that she said, instead they assume her for being too depress for the lost and they even tried once to send her to the asylum for mental therapy. That’s when she decide to leave her home and live by herself and prove everyone that she’s right about anything. 

She start to distant herself from everyone especially her parents, she seem to build a barrier for everyone who want to get closer to her.

Mr. and Mrs. Park was happy when she start to open up and build a friendship again but they just can sigh away to hear about her bad attitude and how far she become from them that it seem she just cut the knot with them. She never even come to see them or just a simple call to know their wellbeing anymore. And the worse is that she never want to talk to them except its necessary.

“Are you okay, Madam?”, Mrs. Choi ask in concern as she help Mrs. Park to sit on a couch.

“I’m fine. Can you make me a cup of tea, ahjuma?”. Mrs. Park buried her face on her palm to cover the tears thatstart to build in her eyes.

“Sure, Madam. Please just rest and don’t think too much about Young Lady”.

“I don’t know, ahjuma. I don’t know what can I do anymore to bring my Shinji back to us?”, Mrs. Park said betweenher sobs.

Mrs. Choi pats her back to give her comfort. She can feel what Mrs. Park feel is. She could feel how hard it was for Mrs. Park for losing both her daughter, though not literally but practically she was.

“Don’t worry, Madam. We have to believe that deep inside her, our Shinji is still there”.

“I hope so, ahjuma”.

 

***

 

“Yong Hwa-ssi, gwenchanha?”. Shin Hye wave her hand in front of Yong Hwa face. She feel weird with him. He just silence while looking so blank with a frown in his face for the past fifteen minutes.

Is he still in shock or something?, she thought.

Yong Hwa snap back to reality and turn his head toward Shin Hye. “N-ne?”.

“Gwenchanhayo? You seems in a daze. Are you thinking about something?”, she ask as she put a plaster near his eyebrow. “Cah. It’s done”.

So, I just day dreaming about my confession all the time?, he ask himself.

“A-ani. I’m find. Thank you anyway”, he said as he touch the spot she just put the plaster.

Shin Hye giggle lightly while he put everything back on the box. “I guess I will get sick with your ‘thank you’, Yong Hwa-ssi”, she joke.

Yong Hwa rub his nape shyly. “Sorry”.

Shin Hye giggle again. He just too nice, though.

“Don’t you want to treat your wound?”, Yong Hwa ask as Shin Hye doesn’t seem to care about her wound at all.

“It’s okay, it just a little scars”.

“No, you still need to tend it, let me help you”. Just as Yong Hwa about to grab the medicine, Min Ho come with two glass of water.

“Here your drink”. He place the drink in front of them. “By The way, the police call just now. They want you to come and give your testimony about the attack tomorrow”.

“Arraseo”.

“We ready to go Oppa”, Shin Hye said after they finish their drink.

“Okay. Where do you want me to take you?”.

“Just take us to the place I left my car”.

“Are you sure”. 

“Yes”, she said after exchange glance with Yong Hwa.

 

***

 

Min Ho drop then near her car, she hug Min Ho the last time before he drove back to his home. They enter her car, she let him drive. “Let’s go to my house first. We have to find a decent clothes for you”, she said all of a sudden.

“Wae?”.

She turn to him and giggle, she love to see his confuse look- he is cute that way. “Aren’t you going to go back to your company? At least you have to look presentable rather than wear that ripe suit”.

“Ah, right”. He just realize that his appearance is after the fight.

They drove for a few minutes before stopping in front of her house. She frown upon seeing a very familiar car parked in the entrance. 

“Wae?”, Yong Hwa ask when he saw the change of her expression.

“Nothing”. She shake her head. “I just have an unwanted guess”, she mumble to herself as she walk ahead toward the door.

Yong Hwa glance to the thing that made her frown before following behind her.

Once they inside her house, they stop on their track upon seeing Mrs. Park sitting on the couch. Yong Hwa immediately bow toward the elder while Shin Hye shoot her a disapproving look.

“What are you doing here?”, Shin Hye ask in a cold tone that surprise Yong Hwa.

“Shinji, you just come back? Where have you been? Aren’t you suppose to come back earlier? And who is this guy?”. Mrs.Park bombardier her with a question.

“Anyeonghasseyo. Jung Yong Hwa ibnida”. He extend his hand to shake the elder’s hand but Shin Hye stop him with holding his arm.

Shin Hye roll her eyes. “It’s none of your business. And don’t call me Shinji, you have no right to call me that way”. Shin Hye said and glare at her.

“Shinji, please…”. Mrs. Park was literally begging to her daughter.

“I told you don’t call me that way”. Shin Hye grit her teeth as her hold on Yong Hwa’s arm getting tighter. “And I’ll appreciate it so much if you leave this house this instance”, she said before dragging Yong Hwa to her room- giving Mrs. Park no choice but to leave with a heavy heart.

Once they were inside her room, she close the door and let go of Yong Hwa’s arm. They just stood still in the center of the room in silence and awkwardness- her back facing him.

After a few moment Yong Hwa saw her shoulder move up and down as he heard a little sob coming from her. He was panic- he don’t know what to do. He then walk toward her and stand in front of her. “Shin Hye-ssi, are you alright?”, he ask as he pat her shoulder.

All of a sudden, Shin Hye throw herself toward him and buried her face in his chest. Yong Hwa was shock by the sudden contact but eventually he lift his hand and bring her closer to his embrace. He caress her back while whispering soothing word to calm her down. He was confuse with the situation but he can't just stay still and watch her crying like that. It was strangely pain him to see her break down like this.

A few minutes pass and finally her cry subs down. They broke their hug and he let her sit down on the sofa inside her room while he squat down in front of her. “Feeling better?”, he ask as he wipe the last tears that fall from her eyes using his thumbs.

She give him a small smile to tell him that she was fine now.

“So, Shinji, huh? Could I call you that?”. He gave her the most charming smile.

She roll her eyes but her smile grew even wider. “I’ll take that as a yes”, he said and chuckle when she roll her eyes again. “You know what? I also has a nick name like that”.

“What is it?”, she ask expectantly in a weak voice.

“Yong yong”, he answer with a cute smile.

She giggle softly as she heard such a cute name. “Seriously?”.

“Hmm. But I won’t let you to call me that”, he said with serious tone.

“Wae?”, she ask with a frown.

“Because you are younger than me. So you should call me ‘Oppa’”, he answer and give her a teasing smile.

She roll her eyes for the nth-time but in the end agreeing his demand. “Oppa then”, she said that make him smile widely. He love how it sound.

“Thank You”, she said after a moment of silence.

“What for?”, he ask- looking at her with a gentle eyes.

“For staying and comforting me”.

“Anytime”, he said as he put his hand on top of hers and caress it with his thumb.

Unexpectedly, she lean down and give him a kiss on his cheek. As she back away, Yong Hwa look at her with unreadable expression before leaning closer to kiss her on the lips. Shin Hye blink her eyes a few time before closing them and kiss him back. When he feel her responding, he kiss her with more passion. He lift his hand to cup her face as he kneel down to kiss her deeper. Shin Hye was shock by his action but can't help but to melt to the kiss and just follow his lead. They were enjoying the kiss so much that they just broke the kiss when they run out of breath.

They put their forehead together. Gasping for air, Yong Hwa smile as he said, “Be my girl, Shin?”.

Shin Hye open her eyes to look at the man in front of her. “Don't you have a girlfriend?”, she ask though she doesn’t care about Eun Hye at all. She even could be the happiest person to see Eun Hye’s reaction if she ever knew that her boyfriend kissing another girl and even ask her to date him behind her back. It would be more interasting if she found out that the girl is Min Young's sister.

“I don’t give a damn thought about her. I just want you, Shin. Please be my girl?”, he said sincerely.

Instead answering him, she pull him closer and seal their lips for another kiss that more passionate than before. Yong Hwa smile grew in the kiss as he kiss her deeply, pouring his heart and feeling into the kiss.

Shin Hye doesn’t know is it because of his sincere confession or her hate toward Eun Hye that made her accept him. But one thing for sure, she won’t let him slip away from her and she will protect him from that evil girl.

 

###

 

 

 

 

That’s the full chapter 5. Good night everyone.

God bless you!