Chapter 3: Compare Them

TWO TIMERS

Yong Hwa grunt in pain as he try to open his eyes, he felt his head like gonna explode. He scold himself in his mind for drinking so much as he will suffering after that.

“Hangover?”, he heard that sweet voice again. He jerk open his eyes only to find Shin Hye’s face right in front of him- looking at him with a little frown on her forehead that he wish he just could reach out and wipe them off. “Are you awake for real now?”.

“Y-yes. I guess”. He blink and look around then he realize he was in a foreign place. “Where am I?”, he said as he get up.

“My place”, Shin Hye said and sit on the coffee table, facing him. “Drink this, it’ll help you with your hangover”. She hand him the cup in her hand.

He took it and take a sip. “Thank you”.

“You’re welcome. By the way, go wash up while I make something for breakfast. You can use the bath room over there”. She got up and make her way to the kitchen but stop and turn to look at him when he start to protest. “I won’t let you go without eat anything, so hurry up! I’ll give you a ride later”, she said going for real.

Yong Hwa was leave dumbfounded but got up eventually and go to the bathroom.

 

***

 

“Ouh… Hello handsome”, she tease as she saw Yong Hwa making his way toward the dining table looking all fresh up. Yong Hwa rub his nape and smile shyly. He took the chair beside her then sit down. “I make American breakfast, hope you'll like it”, she said expectantly.

“Oh sure, thank you”, he said. He was actually enjoying his meal. She is a good cook actually, even better than Eun Hye. 

Eun Hye once cook for him but it was… not so good, at least it was edible.

“Where are you going after this?”, she ask all of a sudden that pull him back from his thought.

He glance at her while taking a bite of his toast. “I think I’m going to Jung Shin’s house, I leave my car there”.

“Jung Shin?”.

“My friend that come with me to the club yesterday”, he explain realizing that she don’t know Jung Shin at all. Just then he also realize that they just know each other but somehow he feels comfortable around her as if they were an old friends.

“Oh, okay. Sorry i don't know”.

Yong Hwa nod his head knowingly at her with a sheepish grin.

They finish their breakfast and leave the house. He ride her car toward Jung Shin House while Shin Hye sat calmly on the passenger seat. They just sit in silence- it’s not awkward though, more like enjoying each other company.

In the middle of their way, he felt his phone vibrated. He check the ID as he still focus on driving and he saw Eun Hye’s name on it.

“Yeobosseyo?”. He pick up after considering for a few moment. He don’t even know why he hesitant just now but Shin Hye’s presence make him nervous somehow.

“Babe, where are you now? I’m on my way to your house now”, she said cheerfully from across the line sound as if nothing ever happen between them.

“What?”, he is surprise by how she can act so calm after their big quarrel yesterday.

“Babe, I miss you… let’s meet up, okay? I’ll be there in fifteen minutes. Bye, love you”, she said then hang up without waiting for his response.

He sigh and glance at Shin Hye who pretend to look outside the window all the time. He put his phone back to his pocket and clear his throat. “Ermm… would you mind if we go to my house instead?”.

Shin Hye turn her head and look at him- made Yong Hwa feel a bit uneasy. “Wae?”.

“Ermm… my… girlfriend, she suddenly want to come”. He can’t believe that he was actually shuttering.

“Geurae? Arraseo”, she said then going back to look at the window- secretly smirking to herself.

Yong Hwa himself can’t understand his feeling right now. He suddenly feel guilty- not to Eun Hye but to the girl beside him as if he was cheating from her. Where the fact could be the opposite.

 

***

 

They reach his home few minutes later. Eun Hye is still nowhere to be found. They got off from the care and stand face to face in front of the gate.

“Thank you for the ride. Do you want to come in and get some tea?”, he offer and point his thumb in his house direction.

Sin Hye glace at her watch then smile apologetically to him. “Maybe next time, I have a class in an hour”.

“So you are a student?”.

“Hmm... Short of”. She gave him uncertain smile that make him chuckle- she was damn cute.

“Anyway thank you for taking care of me last night, it must be tough”, he said while rubbing his nape. “I shouldn’t drinking though”, he mumble to his self while looking to another direction.

Shin Hye gave him a gentle smile and pat his arms make him switch his eyes to her again. “Don’t worry, I don’t mind to do that".

If only his girlfriend just like Shin Hye- gentle, soft, and understanding. Yong Hwa shook his head mentally for such a thought.

“I thought I should go now”, she said out of the blue. Yong Hwa look at her with blank face. He just feel don’t want to let her go just yet.

But then they heard a car pulling over at the entrance. Shin hye quickly pull Yong Hwa by his collar and lean closer to his face. She land her lips on him just in time Eun Hye step her foot out from the car.

Eun Hye halt her step as she saw his ‘puppy’ boyfriend being kissed by another girl in front of her eyes. It’s not just a random kiss because she kiss him on his lips and what’s make her even more upset is: Yong Hwa just stand still not even make an effort to push that damn girl off of him.

***

Yong Hwa watch as Eun Hye’s car coming to stop and see her step down the car. He was about to say something to Shin Hye before she go but then he caught by surprise.

He widen his eyes in shock as the girl in front of him pull his collar and kiss his lips. He can see his girlfriend froze not far from them. It was a short kiss- last for about 3 seconds or so but enough to make his heart skip a beat and his breath hitch.

Shin Hye pull away and look at his face for a while. She then get inside her car and leave right away without saying anything after feeling satisfied with his expression and ofcourse making sure the other person see the kiss - leaving the poor boy who still in daze to deal with a very piss girlfriend.

Yong Hwa face gone blank as his mind go to last night event when he kiss Shin Hye. He didn’t remember everything since the morning but he remember everything now after he taste her lips for the second time. He even remember every detail of their unexpected kiss last night, he still can feel how sweet and soft her lips was against his.

He was to drown on his memory that he don’t notice Eun Hye walk to him until he felt the stinging pain on his cheek, the familiar sign of her slapping him. “What are you doing?”, he ask- gritting his teeth and shoot her a dagger look.

“You are the one who accuse me for cheating but now, what? You are the one who kiss another girl!”, she yell at him.

Yong Hwa roll his eyes and choose to just walk inside his house straight to the kitchen- Eun Hye following right behind him. “Oh, come on! It’s just a simple kiss. You do that a lot with your male co-worker”, he said rising his tone a bit. For all the time they know each other, never once he rise his voice no matter how mad he was but not today- he was enough with her attitude!

“It was for a job, for goodness sake!”, she snap. She doesn’t want to lose on this argument. No way!

Yong Hwa open the refrigerator and took a bottle of cold water. He drunk for a half before answering, “It’s still a kiss no matter what!”. He walk to the living room letting Eun Hye tailing him.

“You changes Yong Hwa”, she said lowering her tone to sound so disappointed.

“I am NOT!”. Yong Hwa look at her straight in the eyes. “You are the one who change Eun Hye. You are not the same sweet girl that I know three years ago, you change after you become a top model. It's seem like i lost the girl once i love”.

“That’s nothing to do with my job!”. Her eyes was already full of tears threatening to fall.

“It is! You change because of that, it took you away from me! I told you to just quit your job, I’m more than capable to fulfil your need after we getting married but you never listen and always ignore my request!”. He just stood there- staring at her with anger and don’t have any intention to comfort her at all even she was already sobbing.

“It was… my dream…”, she said in low voice, choking on her own tears.

“Then don’t mind me. Just go to your dream”, he said and go to his room- feeling so disapointed with her- he slamm the door behind him as he leave Eun Hye to deal with herself. He doesn’t want to be harsh on her but he was feeling relief to finally can burst out his heart’s content that he keep all this time. He felt that the burden on his shoulder has been lifted away.

 

###

 

Tada… chapter 3!

I’m finally can make Yong Hwa let his heart out for Eun Hye, thanks for Shin Hye’s kisses! Haha…

So how about this chapter? Hope I didn’t disappoint you.