CHAPTER 1

If only

 

 

Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo became friends when they were in second year of Seoul Medical University.

When Kyungsoo got enrolled into the medical university and started her first year, she had very few friends; to be specific she had only two friends… Byun Baekhyun and Kim Minseok.

Kyungsoo is not a social outcast but a reserved one. She doesn’t like changes in her life and when it occurs, it takes a while for her to adapt. However, starting the medical student life was not as burdensome as she initially thought thanks to her two best friends. Baekhyun and Minseok had been very kind to her since the day she met them. Being very sociable, they made the first move to befriend her on the first day. Since that day, the trio became inseparable.

Baekhyun’s natural and flawless beauty made her popular among the students. There were even a few seniors who came to her class to admire her dazzling beauty. She is the beauty queen in her year. Kyungsoo admired Baekhyun’s beauty and envied Minseok’s smart brain acing in every subject.

As for Kyungsoo…? Well…she’s just an average girl who came from an average family. A girl who doesn’t care about her look. A girl whose sole aim is to finish the university without any hinderance and become a doctor.

She’s not a top student in class, but she does her best in every test and is a very hard working student. She is not as socializing as Baekhyun and as smart as Minseok. But she is content with what she has now.

Kyungsoo didn’t either ask for any drama to deal with but somehow it came into her life with the name of Kim Jongin.

 

 

It was just one usual day at the University. Kyungsoo was having lunch at the canteen with Baekhyun and Minseok. Not long after they’ve started their meal, two boys approached their table specifically to the direction of Baekhyun who is obliviously pigging out her lunch. One of them has a slightly tanned skin with handsome feature, the other has blonde hair with porcelain white complexion.

‘Hi, Baekhyun,’ one of thems said.

‘Oh, hey! Jongin , Sehun… what’s up? Have you had your lunch or just arrived here?’ Baekhyun greeted them.

‘Um..actually, we’re looking for an empty table to have lunch. All tables are occupied. Do you mind us sitting here with you?’ the tanned boy asked.

‘No, of course! We don’t mind. You guys can sit here’ Baekhyun replied making space for them. Baekhyun moved from her seat to sit next to Kyungsoo.

‘Thank you’ they took their seat opposite to the trio.

‘You guys don’t know each other yet, right? I’ll introduce you. Here are my best friends Kyungsoo and Minseok… and this is Jongin and Sehun.’ Baekhyun introduced them.

 

The tanned boy named Jongin greeted them, ‘ Hello, nice to meet you.’ Offering them a smile which Kyungsoo thought is beautiful… and made her heart skip a beat or two. How come she hadn’t noticed this handsome boy until now even when they were in the same class the whole time?

Since that day, they often had lunch together and sometimes hanged out after the class. Through the time, Kyungsoo learned that both Jongin and Sehun were quite popular among girls. Who wouldn’t fall for their charm? Whenever she was with them, she could feel the jealousy and envy oozing out from other girls. Even though they met through Baekhyun, now they are even hanging out without Baekhyun tagging along. Kyungsoo never had boy friends previously, but now she is getting along well with Jongin and Sehun. She learned new things from them about games, sports and so on. She enjoyed their accompany.

On Saturday evenings, their group would go out for bubble tea date. Sometimes, Baekhyun won’t tag along with the excuse of watching out for her weight.

On exam periods, Jongin and Sehun would show up at Kyungsoo’s doorstep without noticing in advance, persuading her to study with them, more like tutoring them in Kyungsoo’s opinion. Why would they come to her even when Minseok has the smartest brain among them and highest score in every test? Kyungsoo never complained though. She’s more than happy to help her friends. She’s treated like a princess , both boys pampering her with snacks whenever they showed up., promising to buy her favourite plushies.

Kyungsoo never complained either when the exam was over and they would go back to their normal self and other friends.

Kyungsoo didn’t know either that her quiet nature and kind heart would make her regret for a lot things later in life.