We meet again

It's all worth it.

Many years have passed by so quickly, but the loneliness still remains. Even though we broke up, my heart belongs to you and longs for your warmth.

I'm walking along the road reminiscing our lovely story. I change my direction and walk toward a place that we're both familiar with.

The Park.

The place that holds so many playful memories, yet, tragic ones included.

I have many thoughts of our reconcile but I don't think it would ever happen.I will wait until you come.

“Mary?”

I freeze for a second to process the voice. I turn around and we look at each other right into our souls. The voice I have been longing for so long. He is at the same place we last me.

“Hi,” I try to smile but cannot force myself to.

“How have you been?” he asked me sorrowful in his eyes.

“I'm fine. How about you?”

“Not good since that day,” he chuckles. We remain silence but I'm very comfortable with it.

“Yesterday when I did some test, I found something unbelievable.”

“Really?”

“You might not trust me but I tried a couple of tests but they're all the same.”

“What are you testing on?” I seem to feel uneasy about his testing.

“Our dad wants to do a blood test for his health and I got his sample. But when I was about to do it, I accidentally cut my hand and blood started to drop in it. The solution the blood was placed in was very accurate about DNA testing. I went to clean my cut and came back. I was shocked to see the result.”

What he says next shocks me.

“Our blood didn't mix when it was supposed to. I didn't believe it but I went to different hospitals to do the test and I found out the result was the same. I was shocked and confused.”

“What does this mean?” I'm speechless.

“ I didn't know but ever since that test I came here everyday to think of everything.”

What is he saying?

“We should have our parents’ opinion on this.”

I suddenly feel awkward,“You’re right. I have to go. Bye,” when I'm about to turn away, he pulls me back by my wrist.

“Do you still love me?” He looks hopeful.

“...I…..Uhm….” I take a long time to think of what to say to him. I'm wondering if our love was as strong as it was.

“I understand if you don't like me anymore,” he looks sad and I just want to hug him right then and there. He turns around and walks away but l grab a hold of his wrist. I look at him with the same gaze as years ago.

“My feelings for you can't be simply put into words, I hope you can understand our situation right now,” I try not to hurt his feelings but I think I already did with my words.

“I know but for these years I missed you so much.”

I don't want to lie to him and myself anymore so I say, “I missed you too.”