I get nervous if you look at me like that

Backstage Passes

-7p.m on a walk-

Taeyeon followed Leeteuk closely behind, feeling slightly awkward that the usual cheerful and famous Super Junior leader was not making any effort to create a conversation at all that night. As they walked towards the nearby park, a cool breeze was felt and she shivered a little. Leeteuk, upon noticing this, slowed down.

" Are you feeling cold?"

" Ah anniya! The breeze was refreshing!" She smiled shyly. " Oh my goodness, it's such a chilly night"  she thought as she rubbed her hands together.

Leeteuk glanced at her hands and chuckled to himself. " Ah Taengoo, what a bad liar you are."  He took out the heat pack in his pocket and handed it to her, his dimple on his cheek showing as he smiled. " Here. Let's sit by the swings shall we?"

Taeyeon nodded happily and they each occupied a swing. Swinging gently, silence crept in again.

" Oppa, what's on your mind? You seem pretty quiet today. Are you very tired?" Taeyeon tried to break the silence by asking casually.

Leeteuk chuckled quietly before replying her.

" Nothing ever escapes your keen sense of observation huh? Don't worry. I'm fine. I just happen to have a lot on my mind right now." 

Taeyeon reached out and softly held his hand. Looking at him with concerned eyes, she said, " Is everything ok? You can tell me. Even though I am so much younger, but I am still a leader after all! You have helped me so much during my training days, the least I can do for you is listen to you. When you share your problems with another, your burden will be halved." 

" Well," he replied, " I was just wondering about the chances of us celebrities getting into relationships. After all, I AM getting older and I wonder if I happen to like a person, will she like me back." 

Taeyeon's eyes widened with surprise. " Oppa do you like someone?"

" Oh! Oh noo~ That was just a thought." Leeteuk frantically tried to redeem himself.

" Hmmm..." She frowned as she thought about it. " I suppose that as celebrities, we should have been mentally prepared that for us to get into relationships, it will be under media scrutiny and it is hard to find someone you can really count on and trust in this industry. But I suppose if you really like someone, you can try to tell her. Is that making sense to you?" 

" Yes thank you Taeng. You know, you do look like a child, but you're good at listening to others and giving advices."

The petite girl beamed happily at him. " hee~ of course! Wait... What do you mean 'look like a child' ?! I'll have you know that I am definitely still growing!" 

Leeteuk laughed and pat her head. " Of course. ... KIDDO!" and he ran.

" Yah! Park JungSoo! AhJussi!" she laughed and chased after him. 

gee gee gee gee baby baby~ Taeyeon's phone rang.

" Yobusaeyo?"

" Tae-Tae! Where are you and Leeteuk oppa?! We wanna have a candle-light talk session so do come back soon please???" Tiffany was screaming at the other end, trying to be heard amidst the background noise.

" Was that Tiffany? Hmm... wonder how she managed to escape from Siwon." Leeteuk appeared at her side.

" Siwon?! Si-Si-Siwon oppa with WHO?!"

" Oh calm down! I didn't mean it that way. But Siwon did prepare long lengthy lectures he planned to share. I'm guessing Tiffany cos she's always so obedient listening whenever he talks to her. Makes him happy to find someone who could listen while he talks."

" Omo! Is that what a leader should say about ? Ahjussi is really tactless now." She playfully wagged her finger in front of him.

" Hey! How am I an Ahjussi? And stop doing that!" he caught hold of her finger and for a while, he felt a strange current jolting his heart.

*Blink blink* " Leeteuk oppa?"

Taeyeon gazed at him with her round eyes. Eyes that seem to penetrate deep into his mind and read every thought, yet so innocent and clear at the same time.  He made great efforts to look away and acted natural by winking at her. " Race you back to the dorm."