-SEVEN-

Going Home


Jeonghan leads them back to the octopi area. He promised Chan he would wake him up when the light shows starts. If he cant keep a promise to a child, what kind of an adult will it make him? 

"He's a little clingy," Mingyu speaks after Jeonghan settles on the bench. 

"Or needs attention," he responds. 

Mingyu remains standing, unsure of his hands - whether to help Jeonghan with Chan, or to take the seat beside his boss, his boss whom he showed unprofessionalism, which also leads to remind him of the 'talk'. 

The mention of the talk makes his insides do double takes. Never did a time 'talks' come out peacefully. No one ever heard a promotion in a seclusion - the reason why it's also called announcement. So what will they talk about? A rejection perhaps? His chest hurts.

"You think?" He implores sounding as casual as he could muster.

"Typical for this age," he says. "Come on, sit."


Silence.


"So. Is Chan the reason why you choose your lifestyle now? To be with your son often? Cause working at home makes more time with the kid?" 

"No no no no. Boss, he is not my kid okay? My nephew - sees confusion in Jeonghan's face - Chan is my nephew. Son of my brother. Nephew," Mingyu does not understand his own panic though. This isn't the first time he was asked about being the father. Sometimes he uses it as a front. But right now, he feels the need to explain. Why? 

 

WHY. 

 

"Did i tell you to call me Jeonghan? Besides i dont hold grudges against single parents. What are you so worked out about?" Jeonghan shrugs as he wiggles his arms a little. It starts to feel numb. Well he also ignores the skip his heart did hearing about Mingyu not fathering any kid.

 

WHY.

 

"My brother's son. Just to clear things. No misunderstandings," Mingyu's brain tells him to share Chan's background story to strengthen his statement but his talking facility wont cooperate. 'Am i developing a mental disorder?'

"Im sorry," 

"Huh?"

"You said something about misunderstandings. I dont want that too," 

"Is this about you mistaking me for Chan's father? Cause I dont actually remember any wrong you did me," 

"It's your write-up pup. I should be a little supportive and constructive but i think im making things hard without you knowing anything. Got me?" 

 

Mingyu thinks Jeonghan is cool. Now he is all just awe. Knowing your wrong is good, but acting upon it and confess? Rarely heard of. And Yoon Jeonghan got no hang-ups on sorrys. Wow. The final detail that tops these all is that he is the boss. Maybe the reason why he is on the top too. 

True that the coldness he saw in his eyes hurt him. But it was not Jeonghan's fault. In fact, he does not need to say sorry. It was Mingyu's inner struggle. The unprofessionalism he was thinking of - the emotional outburst he had. It was uncalled for.

 

"That wasnt you Sir, Jeonghan i mean. I just, i remembered something," Mingyu automatically holds his hands, clasping, feeling the warmth of his own. 

"It must have been hard," Jeonghan reaches for Mingyu's shoulder. 

Those scenes in fairy tales where a teardrop or a kiss gives back the color a person lost? Exactly how those short taps make impact on him. That little contact radiates. It spreads like wildfire from his shoulder, to his heart, to his whole being.

 

HOW.

 

"Thanks," he softly says.

"Im not against your story. It's just that every part i read has recalls i thought i have -- well that's that," Jeonghan snorts.

 

Jeonghan knows it does not hurt - he thinks so. That maybe once in a while he remembers the moments. And surely sometimes he misses those moments. But he does not cry his eyes out anymore. He does not look desperate anymore. His chest does not constrict anymore. He can watch romantic movies now. And he can joke about what had happened. He has moved on.

Jeonghan knows this but hearing - reading accidentally, coincidentally everything again catches him off guard. Not that he is bracing himself for anything. 

 

"What do you plan now?" Mingyu pulls him back and sees him tapping Chan's leg softly and rhythmically. 

"Hmm?"

"My story. Do you want me to stop writing it?" 

"No. We just need to make use of your 'literary freedom' - "ah boss" from a whining Mingyu - and wait until you finish it," 

"Stop mentioning the freedom thing - "you're literary freedom?" from snickering Jeonghan - boooossss stop," Mingyu whines once more. 

 

Mingyu adores Jeonghan's laugh there and then. 

 


Jeonghan on that day promises Chan his company again. 

 

---

Mingyu comes by often. Jeonghan thinks it was disturbing but then the other keeps insisting that he might rot very soon if Mingyu stops visiting him. He just gives up after realizing his doorbell makes him crazier than Mingyu being around him. 'Picking the less evil,' he says.

Then one day, Mingyu drops a key on his working desk. He looks at him waiting for an explanation he might not get if he did not probe.

"Is this the key to the food? Or the coffee?" 

"Yeap and nope. That's for my house," 

"You mean the next door apartment?"

"Yeah," he has this goofy smile again, 'this dog.' 

"I don't need it, or need you," he returns to what he has been doing. Mingyu has changed his way of life recently. For one, he eats real food. Note that this tall guy right beside him makes breads and pastries, and there isn't any coffee more to his taste than Mingyu's been offering. 

His house undergoes a drastic change too. It does not smell like old libraries anymore, which isn't bad, but right now, it feels like someone's home. And Jeonghan does not know how Mingyu does it. 

"You need me," he slumps beside him, his head on his left hand. 

"I don't," he deadpans. Surprisingly though, he has become used to this set up. Mingyu being this close, him having a sweet tongue, him giving human contacts. 

Mingyu pushes his stray hair behind his ear. "Character reference right?" 

"Ugh. Im not making you a material anymore,"

"Because you dont want anyone else to discover me?" 

'Partly.'

Jeonghan answers too fast, he thank heavens he did not blurt it out. And at this point, he couldn't write anymore. Problem at hand. 

 

Flirting. He understands this. And it has been going back and forth. Like Jeonghan would sometimes hold Mingyu's wrist suddenly. Or gaze at him strongly until Mingyu flushes a deeper shade of red. Jeonghan wears smiles throughout the day remembering Mingyu and their antics. It makes every day better and interesting. 

He has now been looking forward to Mingyu's presence every day that just knowing there was someone in his house is comforting him. He is comfortable alone, dont get him wrong. But with Mingyu, it is on another level.

"Too full of yourself Mr Kim," he palm-squishes Mingyu's face. 

"Ar be nar ar hom fer a wel," Jeonghan laughs like nuts. 'Too cute, too cute.'

Mingyu holds Jeonghan's wrist, the latter's palm still on the first's face, "I said i wont be home for a while."

"What?" 

"My team and i will be holding an event. It's big so we're gonna go all out on this one," 

Jeonghan pulls his hand. Now he cant do both, write and not think of Mingyu. 

"So what should i do with your key?" 

"You look over my house," 

"The last time i check im not on guard duties," Jeonghan walks from the table away and sits on the duvet.

"No. But i think i got the food and the coffee covered for all the days im not around. I dont want to see you the way i saw you the first time," Mingyu crosses his legs.

"But you like me that time,"

"I love you more in a better healthful state," the flowery words again. Jeonghan should be immune to this but what he has just stop are the reactions shown by his face. 

"Tch. Okay okay," he rolls on his bed. He does not know what to say. 

"Mingyu 1. Jeonghan 0," when did it become like this.

"Get lost," he gets tangled with this own comforter. 

"Wait for me," Mingyu tousles his hair.

'Ha what do i do with you.'

He takes his phone out and sends a message.

 

To Neighboor Mingyu
Show them.

 

-one message received-

Thanks love. 

 

And Jeonghan rolls on his bed some more.

 

---

"It will be helpful if we ace this," Mingyu now holds a tab where he keeps everything checked.

Seungkwan hears from Jisoo that it was Mingyu's brother who contacted for the food preparation as it was a tea party. Hansol told him that Wonwoo was reluctant to take the offer. But Mingyu was able to convince them all. 

He is just glad it is on a Sunday afternoon. They have been busy since Thursday. And by busy he means from their house to school to the working area and going home really late. 

Hansol is a little giddy Seungkwan could say. He has been going on about mixtapes and auditions which Seungkwan has not thought of. But Hansol is really into music. This party will feature this composer Hansol has been following. 

As for Mingyu, he has been on an emotional roller coaster Seungkwan would describe it as that. For these past weeks, he was either humming and smiling like an idiot or looking at the windows gloomily or baking (sometimes he's cooking) endlessly - to the point when Jisoo scold him he was using the store's stocks carelessly (and Mingyu-hyung would just stop and drop what he's doing and Wonwoo-hyung will tell him to finish what he was doing and he would, Mingyu-hyung would) or cleaning repeatedly. 

He and Hansol would look at each other, lips pointing at their boss, and their hyungs would just shrug them off. 

Seungkwan's kinda thankful for this event that his hyung is getting his senses again (only to loss it on anxiety). He has seen him work and he does miracles.

"You okay?" Hansol nudges him. 

"Mingyu-hyung feels normal these days," he says rechecking the scones, the brulees, the eclairs and the tarts.  

"Wonwoo-hyung says he's lovesick," Hansol places more pastries beside Seungkwan's set. 

"Gross. Ew," he feels goosebumps running the speed of light.

"Im just glad we didnt stay on that stage longer. Im going nuts,"

"Hey!" 

"Love you boo," 

"Damn you Chwe Hansol," 

"I love you too,"

"Hansssoolll," 

"Okay hop on. We're going," Wonwoo announces. 

"You're red Seungkwan. It's okay. Don't be so nervous," Jisoo taps his back. 

"Ugh," he wants to kill Hansol (who smiles at him like nothing happened). 

"You too Mingyu," Jisoo adds. "We got this."

 

---

Jeonghan finds Dokyeom in a formal black suit and he does not have a good hunch about it. 

"Yo. Business mode Jeonghan. We're going somewhere important," 

"What happen to my peaceful days," 

 

---

"Excuse me sir. There's a kid saying he knows you," Jeonghan places his glasses on the material he is currently reading. 

"He says you know him if i tell you his name - Jeonghan looks at his secretary expectingly - Lee Chan," 

"Oh," he looks at his wrist watch. 'About time he's out of school.' "Is Mingyu with him?"

"Nope," which makes his brows meet. 

"Okay," he fishes for his phone.

 

To Mingyu:
Chan is here. Im getting him. Where are you?

 

Mingyu-nim calling...

Jeonghan: "He--

Mingyu: "I told him to wait for me. CR 1st floor," 

Jeonghan sees the Chan running towards the elevator he's in. He waves back. 

Jeonghan: "I see him. We'll be at the lounge area. See you,"

Mingyu: "Thanks,"

 

Jeonghan ends the call and puts his phone inside his sleeve just as the elevator pings. 

Since the ocean park incident, the three of them have been going out. Weird as it seem, they have been together. Mostly Chan's doing. Just like now. 

 

"Hannie hannie hannie!" Jeonghan stiffles a laugh. Kids are source of happiness. 

"Hyper as always aren't we?" He asks carrying Chan in one swoop. 

"Put me down. I can walk," the kid wiggles from his arms.

"Right. But this is faster," he responses hitting his bottoms softly.

"But im grown-up now," Chan pouts, arms crossed. 

"Who told you," Jeonghan smirks. Kids wanna grow old. Adults missing their childhood. Tragic. 

"No one," Chan answers still pouting.

"Haha. Whose baby are you?" Jeonghan stops midway to the lounge. 

Chan bites his lower lip. Jeonghan's inner soul loves this little bullying he gives. 

"Jeonghan the kid's about to burst. Stop it," Jun intercepts, "Hi Chan."

"Uncle Jun!" He squirms in Jeonghan's arms to Jun's, "Jeonghan is making me tired. Every time."

"Find me next time," Jun bops his nose. 

"I will. Can i go down now?" He straightens his shirt. 

"Sure. You remember the last time we talk?"

"Oh yeah!" 

"What about?" Jeonghan's time to meddle. 'Since when did this two reach this level of closeness?'

"Nothing Hannie," Chan peeks from Jun's mid-thigh (he's just that tall) and smiles smugly.

"Jun if you're teaching the kid your ways im teaching you a lesson you wont forget," 

"You cant, hahaha,"

"Through Minghao,"

"Well it's not something really big," 

"Hahaha. Chan, what do you wanna eat?" Jeonghan reaches his hand out.

"Meatballs!" Which Chan takes enthusiastically. 

 

---

"I think i got the pictures i need," Chan announces swaying his legs. 

"That's great. What is that about?" Jeonghan inquires.

"His project," Mingyu answers. 

 

Jeonghan did not talk about his story again. He would ask if he has updated it and he would say yes.

He's waiting for him to ask for it. But his editor did not. It frustrates and relieves him at the same time. 

"Sir -" 

"Jeong-han," ah im still not used to mention his name. It's making him blush. 

"Ye, Jeonghan,"

"Hmmm?"

While they are out driving, Chan usually points where he wants them to stop. They stays on that place until the kid is satisfied. Then they let him roam and take photos every where. And the two of them would sometimes have to really walk after the energy bolt (Chan that is). Sometimes they could just sit. Then Jeonghan falls asleep. 

Mingyu by then, has memorized Jeonghan's features, creates a thousand plots, and gathers so many inspirations to write.

 

"When will you read my drafts?"

"When you're done writing it,"

"Are you sure?"

"Do you want me to read it now?"

"I don't know,"

Mingyu wants him to. Jeonghan must understand the feeling. He's a writer. The need of reaction. When you write, you want someone to tell you how it goes. 

"Is it going the way you want it?" 

"Honestly, it has branch out too long,"

"You're not a newbie. What is there to struggle now?" 

"Huh?"

Mingyu looks at Jeonghan which makes the first think of what he truly needs: the story or this person's approval? 

 

"Why dont you two end up together?"

Jeonghan and Mingyu's attention turns to the little rascal standing in front them.

"Chan, did you say something?" Mingyu breaks the confusion first.

"Uncle Mingyu - his left hand curls in a familiar way - and Hannie - his right hand makes a pair of the hand-heart - together. Like my parents,"

"Mingyu and I?" Jeonghan repeats, eyeing Mingyu's reaction. 

"This kid. What are you talking about?" Mingyu snatches Chan and covers his mouth. 

"Unker Jen - struggles from Mingyu - therks es grate," until Chan bites Mingyu's fingers. 

"Ya ya ya!"

"Give it a try. Uncle Jun says,"Chan sits between them.

 

To Jun
Im gonna call Minghao later. You punk. 

 

 

 


 

I love Dino. 

hi! author here. im gonna write one filler after this chapter - for mingyu and jeonghan, before the storm.

and yeah, the KConLA? where mingyu presented scoups and jeonghan as seventeen's parents? ohh mmyy goood. hahaha