-THREE-

Going Home

Send My Love Part 2 

 

Mingyu opens his eyes and searches for the clock. A damned one in the morning. There are knocks on his door at this ungodly hour. 

"Seungkwan?? You know it.s--

"I know, I know. But Mingyu-hyung--

"And you're supposed to be 'on exams'" Mingyu cuts him. His sleep is important. His business and some other things that go around his head, he can't afford to lose a wink. And now these brats got time to what - party?

"Hyung, Hansol and I are done with all our exams and requirements. We were with our blockmates and some senpais to celebrate," 

"And?" Mingyu taps his fingers. He wants them to undertstand that they have to scram, go away, now.

"Jeonghan-hyung passed out," Seungkwan sighs as he points at another person next door. Hansol is there with a groaning body on his back.

Jeonghan?

JEONGHAN?

"I didnt know you and Jeonghan-hyung are neighbors boss!" Hansol kids.

The brain cells in his head sends a thousand volts throughout his whole body. It could not be. 

Okay brain, it's false alarm. 

What if it is him?

Mingyu is currently on crisis. It has been a full blown running three weeks after meeting his version of Yoon Jeonghan. He bites the wall of his cheek at that just to stop smiling. He forgets that the kids disturb his sleep and might have been lying with their exam schedule.

"And?" He raises a brow to mean he is downright undelighted, not for ruining his sleep anymore, but for bringing this namesake Jeonghan at this hour in this state, in his unprepared manner.

"So we found out from Jun-hyung that he transferred to the room next to yours,"

Junhui?

"Ah boss! We couldnt find his house key so we're dumping him in yours!" Hansol points out, "since you're neighbors."

"Seungkwan?" Mingyu rests his left hand on his hip. He can not confirm this Jeonghan yet. But how many person who has a name as beautiful as his have he met in his whole life?

Must be fate.

What fate Mingyu?

"Sorry boss - Hansol barges in tackling Mingyu into his house - ugh, hyung's really heavy," releases him on the sofa.

The drunk human turns out to be Jeonghan. Yoon Jeonghan. The real Yoon Jeonghan. 

Mingyu calm down. 

Mingyu calm donw.

dsfjhsd%%%^&*(((@!#(*&fhsld

"Sorry hyung. Desperate times call for desperate measures," Seungkwan says drinking water in between words. 

"Where did you get the glass?" 

"Hyung? Duh. Your kitchen? Do you think im bringing glass with me every time?" 

"Seungkwan..."

"So i was saying we dont have other choice," Seungkwan refills the glass and hands it to Hansol.

"You and Hansol got a house. Why not bring him there?"

Hansol chokes on his water. 

Another story to tell.

---

Jeonghan's world is slow, hazy and in circles. He remembers drinking clear liquids. While the music keeps booming his ears, the fizzy drink is working its magic making him a little giddy and dizzy by the moment.

Jun invited him there. He is a recluse since in memoriam. But Jun, well, no one can say no to Wen Junhui.

Jeonghan is not a total stranger at all. He has met the people there during literature symposia and seminars. He was a  successful writer after all. 

"Jeonghan-hyung!!" Dokyeom drops at his table holding a collins glass with a nasty combination of bubbling red and blue the world does know what. "Soonyoung's getting better at concoctions ain't he?"

"Sure, maybe," he answers drinking again another glass of the fizzy drink. He's getting thirstier and thirstier every time. He thinks it.s the place. It was getting a little hot by the hour. 

"Maybe??" Dokyeom looks at him to his drink and back at him again, "You're on your eighth glass now of - at this point, Dokyeom waves at Seungkwan and Soonyoung - 

Soonyoung hits the counter as if it was a bongo. Seungkwan wiggles his fingers.

- the No Fun!" The three men bangs their shoulders at each other as if they were rehearsing this moment for so many times.

"The what?" Jeonghan looks at his glass. It was clear as water. It suddenly feels menacing now.

"The No Fun. Because it feels really ordinary but it's the strongest in the house!" Soonyoung explains excitedly. 

"Ah Dokyeommie, did you say it was his eighth?" 

"Oh actually, I lost count,"

"Oh my god. Jeonghan does not drink," Jun appears.

---

"Hyung!!" Seungkwan runs to Jeonghan's side soon as he risen up from Mingyu's sofa. "You okay?"

"Damn Wen Junhui *hic* I told him i dont wanna go *hic* still *hic* he *hic* where am i *hic*

"Mingyu-hyung.." Seungkwan whines at Mingyu. 

Mingyu who is at the moment, dysfunctional. 

"Oh *hic* i - Jeonghan stands, tries to stand, but sways really bad - know that *hic* name. 

Which brings Mingyu to his senses. 

"What name?" Hansol asks from the kitchen. "Hyung im hungry im sorry!"

---

Mingyu has a drunk in his house. The drunkard was the same guy he has been thinking since the past days. Because he was dense, scratch that, he thinks he is brainless, he just know his name. He did not ask for his address or his number. With that, he opts to take the same route since then every night almost the same time. Just to see him again. 

Now he's here.

Yoon Jeonghan in his house.

In the flesh. Just, drunk. 

"Mingyu *hic* Kim Mingyu *hic*"

"What about Kim Mingyu?"

Now his dongsaeng looks like a predator. Even Hansol who's ransacking his refrigerator shows back.

"Ah you know, Jeo-Jeonghan - damn stuttering - is awake, you can return him next door,"

Mingyu remembers his note. Four-o-six.

Bulbs light up.

"Mingyu-hyung, do you know Jeonghan-hyung?" Seungkwan asks. 

"No?" Of course he does not know him. He only know his name. Only knows he's interesting. Interesting enough to make his temperature leap.

"Mingyu was this tall - Jeonghan stands on his sofa and reaches for the ceiling," Seungkwan's eyes travels from the latter to the first.

"He was tan, pretty tan - Jeonghan touches his own face

"He was a little muscular - Jeonghan touches his own chest

"Regal," Jeonghan adds and nods to his description. 

Mingyu, if it was not for the dim lit lampshade, can not hide the redness of his face. The same reaction when he called him in his sleep on the bus. 

"Hyung, he's here -

"YA!" Mingyu's eyes widen. How could you Seungkwan!

"Over there, he somehow fits," to which Seungkwan pauses, processing the situation.

"YA!" Mingyu's voice raises an octave. Did he not suggested to bring Jeonghan immediately to his own house?

Jeonghan approaches Mingyu who is standing by the door. 

Mingyu presses to the wall and turns the lights on accidentally. 

"It's you - phwack -

 

"Yuck," Hansol returns to the kitchen. Seungkwan runs after him.

Mingyu holds Jeonghan by the shoulder as his little beauty pukes hideously. At him.

 

---

"Mingyu, did i tell you CLEARLY that i want revisions?"

Yoon Jeonghan, his publisher, the mean one who does not appreciate his fiction, surprised visits him on a weekend. And because he feels like his neighbors might start a petition letter the way his cruel boss jams the door bell, he ran for it. He forgot he got no shirt on. 

Now he's sitting on his working chair cross legged flapping through his precious manuscripts.

"You did."

"And this background story?" He holds it in the air.

Mingyu's brain has gone miles ahead as he notices 'things' he now thinks he might have seen if he was more observant. 

"Intuition - halts - sir?" 

Boss was a little surprise when he starts reading it. He's gonna be kidding himself if Jeonghan is surprised because he's good.

He bites his lower lip on the third page. 'What part was that Mingyu?'

He clicks his tongue at the fifth page. He smirks at the fourth page from the end. 

To Mingyu, it was intriguing.

Ever since he started writing for them, he never inquired much about the reader's feedback. Usually he gets them (editor's and higher up's comments) through red inks on a photocopied version of his drafts. 

Then the management changes. And there was Yoon Jeonghan.

"Write your last chapter oka-"

"Excuse me?" True. Mingyu does not mind whatever happens to his write-ups but he, not once in his writing career, was told to stop. 

Why?

"What i mean is, the first one was good as it is -

"The characters have not even discovered they live in the same building -

"Yeah. But aint it good? It.s our readers' job to notice those details. Which by the way is ingenious, i give you that," 

Mingyu hopes the blush he gets from being complimented is not too obvious. "Then this?"

"Oh this, Mingyu-nim, calls for volleys of next chapters. You opened a lot of routes, and mentioned a lot of characters. And the main characters did not even find out they were in the same building,"

"It was going there,"

"I know. That is why you will write the last piece of this story. If we get significant sales, we shall publish the next two chapters, as bonus," 

"Sir you're kinda insulting my rights of ahm, literary freedom," Mingyu is kinda attach to the works he is currently in. Telling him the purpose why he writes, even if he internally knows it, does hurt.

"What's with your feet?"

"Huh?" 

Mingyu stoops to check his feet. I was telling him of literary freedom and im told off through my feet. Heartless. Mean. Jerk. Ts--

Jeonghan shoves him down and holds his right shoulder in place. The grip is firm and the fact that he was taken down unexpectedly, Mingyu can't make his body move.

"One, you write okay. Coming from me, Yoon Jeonghan, you should get some pride about it. Two, this is how we do things. Not literally stepping on your sensitive literary freedom. Three, you grumble too much. Four, you.re tall and im tired," he releases his shoulder.

"Tch. If you just want to console my hurt feelings, you should just --- " 

Mingyu's entire body ceases. All internal activity are focused on his head. His heart beat begins to pick up. 

Mr Yoon is ruffling his hair. 

"Sorry pup," 

Mingyu gets up abruptly. "C-cr. Excuse me sir," he runs away for the nth time again today. 

 

 

---

AN// [Thank you for subscribing. It makes me really happy ^^]