-FOUR-

Going Home

Kiss from a Rose 


Jeonghan's head, if there are more concrete, clearer words to describe the way it hurts, like slammed hundred times to the wall, or needle-pierced a thousand times, he can't be creative enough to put it in a single sentence. He clasps his head and his eyes betray him. Going back to sleep is impossible. His heightened, in pain senses won't let him. 

When was the last time he was a wreck drunk? His body has forgotten the taste of that already. And he doesn't drink not because he becomes a flirting monster or a random kisser or a dancefloor hog but because he continuously drinks till he knocks out. Which explains the pounding of his head. 

He hears humming from the other side of the closed door. Miraculously, the pulsing seems to attune itself to the beat. Jeonghan starts to severe and join the memories he can only remember. He mentally notes to call Junhui and perhaps kill him through Minghao. On the same note, he reminds himself to congratulate Soonyoung for the wonderful poison. 

"My head is killing me Mingyu-hyung!!!!"

It sounds Seungkwan. 

"Who told you to slack off huh?"

Another voice. Familiar voice.

"Hyyyuuung--"

Hansolie?

"You should have told off Seungkwan,"

"Mingyu-hyung, Mingyu-hyung, Mingyu-hyung..." he hears Seungkwan whining and making trouble at this Mingyu. He genuinely smiles for that kid at times is lovingly pesky. Adorably annoying, his Seungkwannie. He pities Mingyu --

Wait. 

Streams of previous night (was it even night?) flood vaguely in his mind. Somebody carried him for sure. Somebody took his clothes --

Jeonghan forgets his headache for a second.

---

Mingyu gives up. After Jeonghan was taken care off, the alcohol kicks in in Seungkwan and Hansol. It takes him another hour to calm them down. By four, he is able to rest on his sofa. He has never sleep in his receiving area no matter how tired he is until today. 

But he can't still believe it. Out of all this mess, there is a silver lining. Hahaha. He continuously taps his chest and stops himself from the cursed grin he can't erase from his face. 

One thing is absolutely confirmed: Jeonghan was and is thinking of him. He didn't know he has fallen asleep. 

 

"Minggggyyyuuuu-hhhyyuuunngg, save me," 

As Mingyu opens his eyes, he sees orb balls tearing up pleading at him. And another boy curling and rolling on the floor next holding his head. The irritation he felt is too strong he can't stop laughing.

"Serves you two right," he says pulling his shirt from Seungkwan's grasp.

---

"Aaaahhh!!!!" The loudest shrill Hansol has ever heard in the history. Normally, he would still be sleeping at this hour but since one, Seungkwan literally pulled him out of the sheets to party last night, and two, those heaven-forbidden drinks he drank still last night, Hansol is now nursing the baddest worst of worst hangover. 

"Jeonghan-hyung? Jeonghan-hyung!" Seungkwan slaps him hard and runs to wherever room their pretty hyung is. Of course, where Seungkwan goes, he is there. 

But Mingyu gets their fast, 'his house.'

"Yoon Jeonghan, you okay? What happen?" Mingyu fly opens the door.

"Aaahh, you - oh drama - YOU happened!" Hansol pulls Seungkwan away from the door, covers his mouth with his hand.

"Hmp ahmp - struggle - yah! YAH!
"Shh shh shhhh
"What?
Hansol points the situation with his lips.

"Okay - Mingyu steps into the room with open palms raised in midair - okay this is a big misunderstanding --

---

Jeonghan is fuming. Where have the gentle people in the world go?

Is this it? If anyone found someone alcohol-incapacitated, then that person is taken advantage of? Because I am in my weakened state? 

The sunrays are supposed to pass through his blinds and not in a fully opened window with a blue curtain. His ceiling should be a clean sweep cream not a mural painting of the solar system, is that even glow in the dark? 

He pulls the sheet - my god the sheet are in cake slices pattern,  it's cut- 'No Jeonghan, you're not thinking of appreciating this room. You're angry.'

He sees his pants reversed lying at the end of the bed. His shirt crumpled on the floor beside the bed. His, his, ugh, underpants on the top of the table lamp. He picks it and hides it under the pillows.

Then the door opens.

"Yoon Jeonghan, you okay? - the man, he wouldnt want to agree, is as surprised as he is, roams his sight around the room - what happen?"

"YOU, oh i know you - he starts pacing holding the sheet at his hip - from a sniffer huh? KIM MINGYU?"

---

Mingyu decided that the last early midnight was the biggest shock of his life. But imagine opening your own door to your own room and an angel, scratch that, the person you've been dedicating your nights to search - well a little disheveled - is, 'he really doesnt have anything under that blanket?' there. This whole twelve hours is not good for his heart. 

Definitely not good.

"Now you what? Took me - is this your house? How did you know i was there? Ah stalking. You.re good at stalking -

"Jeonghan, you.re mistaken -

"That.s Yoon Jeonghan you mister," he jabs a finger at him and he's back at pacing again.

"Yes, it's my house," Mingyu still choose to show his open palm despite this huge misunderstanding. Where are Seungkwan and Hansol? Those brats.

"I should have contacted the police. But you really look decent, nice, handsome even. Though you look drugged that night. Ah so looks are really deceiving! I should know!" Now Jeonghan stomps in between pacing from his clothes cabinet to his bed. Still holding the ends of the blanket which he wraps himself. 

"So you remembered me huh?" Mingyu picks Jeonghan's pants.

"Why would not I? All the male characters i have been describing in my drafts look like you! This is all your fault. That's why i took Junhui's invitation,"

Mingyu knows he got a good paper clamp somewhere. It could hold the blanket around Jeonghan.

So he's handsome?

"How dyou know Junhui?" He walks on the side near the window where his study table is placed. He's careful not to step inside Jeonghan's bubble. "Clamp,  Jeonghan," he throws it on his side of the bed.

"Ow thanks - he fastens the blanket in place - So Junhui is my best friend. How - YAH!" 

"I get it. Sorry for interrupting. You were ahm, describing me, in your works, you.re a writer? being handsome?" Ah Mingyu does not mind a banter like this every morning. He feels alive than he has ever been. 

--- 

"You.re smiling? WOW," Jeonghan never feels insult this bad. "This is kidnapping. And rap--

"What? Do you feel sore?"

Jeonghan's headache quadruples.  So they are talking about 'it." "Excuse me?" 

"I dont take drunk people to bed Yoon Jeonghan," 

"Hyu-hyung, I, I ah - 

"Hansolie?" Hansol has his right hand in the air - was the one who brought you here." 

"Too hide and to listen to all the talks wasnt my idea but it was brilliant. I wanna hear more. Hi hyung," Seungkwan shows up with as shiny as the sun devil grin he tries not to show. 

---

Now Jeonghan feels stupid. He groans from his headache and triple embarassment.

"I didnt know how you end up with no clothes. I swear i never entered MY room after i set you on MY bed," Mingyu picks his shirt on the floor.

"Leave my clothes," Jeonghan sits on the floor face hidden on his knees. 

"You seriously gonna wear them? They smell puke," Mingyu hold his shirt near him.

"Ugh, okay I wont. Still, leave them there," Jeonghan points the bed without raising his head.

"How about this blue ahm --

Blue? Jeonghan feels his neck breaking. "Why are you making me more miserable Kim Mingyu?"

The scoundrel is laughing at him. Jeonghan should have melted. Maybe  he should not have gone out that night. If he didnt, he would not have met the impertinent. "You think it.s ridiculous?" He shoves his face to his knees again.

"It's funny not ridiculous. Let's be cool with it," 

Ah I've heard that same gentle voice before. He feels Mingyu's hand on his head combing once, twice his hair. 

"Please use my clothes Yoon Jeonghan. When you're ready, the advil and the tea will be at the kitchen." He hears him walk away and the click of the door.

He groans for the nth time of his entire lifetime today.

Mingyu, on the other side of the door, looks at his hands as if they are gold. Right after the knob clicks, he leans his forehead at the only thing that separates them two. He keeps staring at the hand which touches Jeonghan's hair. The courage he has is all drained. 

---

"Ah Wonwoo-hyung, you should have seen Mingyu-hyung's face," Seungkwan stops mopping for emphasis. "He could make flowers grow with that expression."

"At least, something good came out from your night out," Wonwoo smirks. 

"Don't remind me," Hansol shows up after arranging his last tray of macaroons. "Professor Wen gave a quiz saying because we were able to show up at the last call of that event, he assumes we're all prepared."

"How did the quiz go?" Jisoo brings the last display of bread they offer.

"I ace it of course," Seungkwan answers. 

"Im lucky, Wonwoo-hyung taught me the topic before," Hansol scratches the back of his head.

"Did you?" Jisoo pats Wonwoo's head. The pastry chef laughs at the smugness of his baker. 

 

---

"Boss, I promise to end this on the next chapter," Mingyu stands in front Jeonghan's table. 

"Mingyu what do I do with you," Jeonghan pushes his hair back. He folds his arm on his table and inclines there. 

"But the thing boss is, it's not there yet-

"You submitted an entire chapter of how they met again. That's it." 

Jeonghan's eyes are cold. Mingyu senses the boredom in his voice. And that little irritation too. This might have been the reason he does not want to know the readers' reaction. It's frightening. Jeonghan, right now, is frightening. 

With that realization, Mingyu's knees seem to buckle. He, of all people should know, reject-, "Ah Mr Yoon, i'll try to, to ahm, get your instructions right this time. Bye." He needs time to process.

"Hey Mingyu-nim!"

"Junhui-sunbaenim -looks at the door and looks back at him-  im not feeling well suddenly," 

"Oh, go home first - looks at Jeonghan - We'll contact you. - Jeonghan mouthes a what - Rest okay?" Jun squeezes Mingyu's arm lightly. 

"Yes," Mingyu quickly goes out of the room.

 

When Jun is sure he left, he castigates Jeonghan.

"I didnt do anything," Jeonghan leans back on his swivel.

"Was it the new short story he is working on?" Jun, his associate editor, business partner and cursed long time friend, takes the seat in front him. 

"I told him it was very mushy," Jeonghan finds solace in his phone. He cant be sure why he is, upset. He would require a me time for this. Figure out why he acts that way, towards a 'fiction'.

"Was it really sentimental or was it too real?" Suffocation. Jun hits a nerve. Jeonghan too, has to get out. 

"Jun, I gotta talk to Mingyu-nim. I hate misunderstandings," Jeonghan grabs his blazer and keys. Jun seizes his wrist and does not let go until the other guy looks at him in the eyes.

"Jeonghan, no more isolations," He has to press his lips before he can answer an almost inaudible yeah. "Bring me a frappe."

When he gets out of the building, he did not notice the gray clouds drifting on an almost impeccable cerulean heavens. 

 

---

1. [Welcome to LAX Seventeen! Learn well and come back even powerful]

2. [#HappyCaratSelcaDay]

3. [A little reminders to my fellow carats, let us be disciplined. Ask ourselves always, will seventeen be happy if i do this?]

4. [THANK YOU, always, for your time]

5. [I'll be posting another story. Please look forward to it.]