When chanbaek broke up

Chanbaek oneshots

Baekhyun sighs walking down the corridor of the school, absolutely exhausted, mentally and physically. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He has a lot of homework when he gets back home plus an exam he has to study for, he doesn't know how he's going to do it when his mind is somewhere else completely. 

 

 

 

 

 

Park Chanyeol. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The he broke up with 2 months ago, he really wishes that jerk would just leave his mind cause he didn't need him. He really didn't. They don't love each other anymore right? That's why Baekhyuns so over him and apparently Chanyeol is too considering he's now going out with Baekhyuns neighbor, that annoying sooyoung. Baekhyun loved her parents a lot, they let him stay over whenever his own were on a business trip or something, they basically treat him like their own son which he was grateful for, but sooyoung was the opposite, hate is a strong word but he did dislike her. Now even more. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Just his luck, While he's walking out of the school he sees them doing way too much PDA for his liking. He grimaces and diverts his eyes away from the couple, gulping. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wanted to convince himself he still didn't cry over him. 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Usually Chanyeol would be the gentleman boyfriend he is-was and walk him home, as cliche as it sounds. He even stayed a lot of times and they'd cuddle and k- he should really stop thinking about him. He sighs as he stops by the flower shop near his house to say hi to his friend Jongin who works there, only to find him eating his own boyfriends face, clearly comfortable since there was nobody there beside them, he coughs amused making kyungsoo jump and push Jongin off him then wipe his mouth. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ugh I hate you" he mumbled angrily at Jongin while the tanned male whined, kyungsoo absolutely hated PDA, he doesn't like the effect Jongin has on him either. "Soo! Cmon it's just Baekhyun!" He whined trying to grab his waist only to be pushed away again. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ugh what do you want block?" Jongin turned angrily to baekhyun, the shorter pouted. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I just came by to say hi-" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay hi! Now leave" kyungsoo hit the back of Jongin's head, making him whine and stop his feet. "Be nice you " he mumbled going to get a water bottle. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Fine. Hi" he grumbled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I just wanted to see my best friend is that too much to ask" he whined and sat on one of the chairs with his head down, he knew Jongin didn't mean to actually make him upset and he wasn't upset with him anyway he was feeling down from just everything. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin sighed guiltily. "Of course, I'm sorry okay? Did something happen?" He asked concerned sitting beside the shorter, Baekhyun put his head on his shoulder and frowned. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jongin I'm trying to get over him I really am but it's just so- Ugh I don't know it makes me sad and mad to see them together! Maybe it's just because I don't like sooyoung right? " he knew he was lying but he tried to convince himself. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun even if you're not over him it's fine okay?-" 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's been two months!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" I know! But you truly loved him and it's fine to be sad over that okay? But whenever you're feeling down just remember how much of an he was to you. He didn't deserve you. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

"But you liked him too before" he grumbled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Well yeah cause he was treating you right, but then you told me about the fight you had and it didn't seem like something who loves you should do, alright? Just try as much as you can to distract yourself. Study, watch tv, sleep, go shopping with luhan, that'd definitely take him off your mind" he successfully made Baekhyun chuckle making him smile, they both knew how much luhan effected their moods- in a good way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay thanks jonginnie, sorry for blocking" he sighed, "I need to get going anyway, I'll talk to you later" he got up waving to the the taller walking out. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're a great friend you know that?" Kyungsoo appeared, Jongin mildly surprised looked at him, the owl eyed boy smiled and headed to him, he gave his boyfriend a chaste kiss, it was rare that kyungsoo would be the one leaning in. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How about we go to the back room" he smiled devilishly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin has never got up so fast in his life. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

The petit male has been on the doorstep for about five minutes and there is still no one there, he grumbled thinking of what he should do, he can go back to the flower shop but he'll probably see Jongin and kyungsoo ing which wasn't on his bucket list, or he can just go to the Kim's house, they'd surely take him in anyway. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He knocked on the door and he one and only Kim sooyoung was the one who answered, he tried to glare at her but mildly failed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sooyoung honey who's at the door?" Mrs. Kim asked approaching the door. "Oh baekhyunnie! " she smiled widely and opened the crack more so that Baekhyun could come in, sooyoung just left and got back to whatever she was doing, which after Baekhyun came in he saw that it had been watching tv with his ex on the couch, Chanyeol was looking back at him with an unreadable expression, he gulped and diverted his eyes to Mrs. Kim who grabbed his wrist and lead him to the kitchen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyunnie why are you here? Not that we don't want you of course " she chuckled walking around the kitchen doing whatever she was. "But I am glad you are! I made something and it so happens to be your favorite!" She said excitedly looking at him, Baekhyun couldn't help but smile since Mrs. Kim was so nice to him. "Tada!" She laughed taking the cookies out of the oven, Baekhyun laughed with her, when he was a kid he always liked cookies so Mrs. Kim would make him some whenever he came by, it became something they did often even now when he's almost graduating high school. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A certain someone missed the girly cute laugh Baekhyun let out. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mrs. Kim you really spoil me too much" he chuckled. "And I'm sorry I came by so unexpectedly but my parents aren't home and I don't know why, I also didn't bring my keys with me" he sighed. 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's fine dear! You haven't been coming here for some time we missed you!" She smiled and handed Baekhyun a chocolate chipped cookie. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you Mrs. k-" before he could finish a baby was heard screaming, sooyoung's  new born baby brother. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sorry baekhyunnie I have to go check up on little sehunnie, help yourself out with anything!" She smiled before hurrying upstairs to her baby. 

 

 

 

 

 

He sighed as he fished his phone out of his pocket, wanting to call his mother but apparently the world hated him so much that his phone had died. He finishes his Cookie with a grumble which was an absolutely adorable sight, he goes to the fridge and gets a water bottle, it would've been rude for someone else but Baekhyun was practically family.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

As he was chugging down the water he heard footsteps approaching him, he turned around only to find Chanyeol looking down at him, still unreadable expression, Baekhyun slowly put down the water and looked at him slightly wide eyed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For about 5 seconds which felt like 20 years, no one said anything, Baekhyun blinked twice when Chanyeol moved his hand to his jacket pocket and got out a key, putting out his hand for Baekhyun to take ,But the smaller was almost frozen, he blinked again looking at Chanyeol's hand- which he absolutely loved as silly as it sounded, they were big and rough but not too rough, they touched Baekhyun in the right ways and grabbed his waist perfectly, they were just perfect for him. Anyways, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He snapped out when Chanyeol spoke:

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You left your key with me and I uh- I forgot to give it back- sorry" he looked anywhere else, not being able to look at the shorter who's eyes were absolutely heartbroken. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn't want it. He really didn't. He didn't ask for his key back for a reason, he thought that after their fight two months ago and the break up following it wouldn't be permanent and that Chanyeol would just get in his house and surprise him, tell him that he's sorry or something, the taller would always sneak in to Baekhyuns room late at night from the window and surprise him just because he wanted to be with him, but it wasn't so safe for the taller to climb that wall so Baekhyun gave him a key to his house. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But it never happened. Chanyeol didn't come back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun" Chanyeol said furrowing his eyebrows, Baekhyun had spaced out again, when the small guy looked at Chanyeol he slowly took the key out of his hand and mumbled a quiet "thanks"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Still standing where they were awkwardly, Baekhyun gulped and went passed Chanyeol to take his bag pack. "Well I guess I should be going then" he said to no one in particular, "tell your mom thanks for the cookies" he said to sooyoung who just nodded, he glanced at Chanyeol who was also looking at him, he looked down his lip twitching downwards and left. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's almost the end of the year now with only a couple of days till he graduates but he isn't excited and happy like everyone else, he's absolutely depressed, school was the only place he saw Chanyeol other than occasionally his neighborhood, with that gone there's only a small chance he'll ever see him which is probably better but he doesn't want it, and he has lost hope completely of fixing them since Chanyeol didn't seem like he had any intention of doing so after giving him his key back two months ago, so it's been four months since their breakup. 

 

 

 

 

 

He feels so pathetic, it's almost midnight and instead of going to sleep he's crying silently in his room looking at the picture in his hand, it's a Polaroid drunkly taken by one of Chanyeol's friends of them kissing on Baekhyuns birthday, he remembers vividly that party even though he was mildly drunk, considering he gave away his ity that night. He sniffles as he tries to put away the Polaroid not wanting to look at it anymore, but even if he did he'll probably just go on his computer and watch their summer videos together that Chanyeol took. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly he hears his window being opened. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And like many times before, Chanyeol is there, trying to get his long legs into the window, when he does though Baekhyun is still frozen not knowing what to say or do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wh-what the hell are you doing here?" He furrows his eyebrows getting up, when he finally gets the courage to say something but his voice fails him by cracking. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"B-Baekhyun" Chanyeol stutters seeing Baekhyuns state, the blonde looked so small and vulnerable it was so heartbreaking, he had fresh tear stains on his cheeks and visible eye bags, he was only wearing a huge black hoodie which if he wasn't mistaken was his own. Chanyeol had seen Baekhyun cry many times considering they've been together for almost two years before splitting up, but he's never been the reason the smaller would cry, and now that he knows he caused someone as beautiful and perfect as Baekhyun cry he wants to be eaten alive, Baekhyun didn't deserve to cry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol knew Baekhyun was heartbroken but he didn't do anything, not even when he knew the sniffling in the schools bathroom and the quiet sobs are coming from him, he'd just ignore them and try to move on cause Baekhyun himself deserved someone better than a jerk like him. He wanted to comfort him and hold and tell him that he's sorry, but he knows that it'd be wrong on so many levels. It's just frustrating. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wasn't the type of person to care about what other people thought at all, but when it came to Chanyeol he'll get as vulnerable as it can get, cause he genuinely cares about what Chanyeol thinks, Chanyeol cared for him a lot so whatever he thought must've been true since he only wanted what's best for him right? So when the taller is telling him that he's being oversensitive and acting like a baby of course he'll take it to heart, which by time formed into a heated fight and then a break up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol has never offended Baekhyun on purpose, so when he notices that what he's said effected his small boyfriend he'll do whatever it takes to make it up to him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The fact that he'd said all things about him and never apologized made him truly believe what he's said, since then Baekhyun has been insecure about everything like he used to be ,before meeting Chanyeol which was about 3 years ago. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He just trusted him a little too much. 

 

 

 

 

 

And Chanyeol knew that. He knows he's the reason and he tried to not care about it but it's getting too hard seeing the small boy walking aimlessly around the school with a frown on his face and soulless eyes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you want Chanyeol?" He said in a small voice trying to lower the hem of the hoodie, not wanting Chanyeol to see a lot of his skin, they've only had two times since his birthday, it may confuse people but Baekhyun just wasn't ready but Chanyeol also didn't care about that, he said he'd wait for him as long as it takes and he did, but they've only done it two times after his birthday and he just feels like a part of why Chanyeol had blown up on him like that was because of not being satisfied with him, not just ually though. Maybe his body wasn't good enough. Though Chanyeol didn't mention anything about that he just started to feel insecure and he couldn't help it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I-i wanted to talk to you" he stuttered, scared of what Baekhyun might do or say. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Well I have nothing to say to you, so leave" he said coldly turning his back away from the taller and sniffled, Chanyeol gulped and took a step towards then noticed a picture on the bed, he furrowed his eyebrows and took in his hand only to see that it had been them on Baekhyuns birthday this year, one of the best nights of his life, unconsciously he smiled softly but sadly, seeing how genuinely happy they looked together. Baekhyun had always made Chanyeol happy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Y-you kept the picture" he mumbled still looking at it, Baekhyuns eyes slightly widened and he turned to snatch the Polaroid out of his hand. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I- I was gonna throw it away anyway" though his words were cold the way he looked at the picture said otherwise, it was heartbreaking. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun.." he said approaching him more, the shorter looked like he was going to break down any second now, he slowly took the Polaroid out of his small hands and put it on the bed still looking at him, the other didn't move. Chanyeol took his hands feeling Baekhyun tense in his own but didn't pull away, he kept looking down though and after a couple of silent seconds Chanyeol heard quiet sobbing coming from the small trembling body, he widened his eyes and immediately pulled him into his chest shushing him, the said male just let himself be held by the man who broke his heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next couple of minutes are spent with Chanyeol his hair, holding him tight and forehead kisses, what Chanyeol always did when Baekhyun cried. 

 

 

 

 

"Im sorry Baekhyun please stop crying, please?" He said pulling away and grabbing his small face in his palms. "Baby doll stop crying" he whispered lowering himself on Baekhyuns eye level, the smaller rubbed his eyes with the back of hands and tried to hold in his sobs, he always loved the pet names Chanyeol gave him, they made his heart flutter. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol's eyes have never been so soft, Baekhyun looked so beautiful even when he's crying. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You-you should l-leave" he hiccuped and sat on the bed looking down. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baek I can't just leave you like this-" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You did it before I'm sure you can do it again" he said bitterly referring to their breakup, stinging Chanyeol's heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun that's why I'm here, to say how sorry and wrong I was. I know this is cliche a-and you don't want to hear it but I also know you're still in love with me as much as I am with you, so you'll give me a chance right?" He looked worriedly at Baekhyun who had his knees up to his chest and wrapped himself up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're not going to leave even if I tell you to anyway" he mumbled, Chanyeol semi smiled and sat beside him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're right. Now listen

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love you, a lot, I love you so much Baekhyun, um so let me just start from the beginning, 

 

 

 

 

 

I was uh- w-well basically um s-someone told me that uh you and Jongin were secretly together-" immediately Baekhyun whipped his head to him with furrowed eyebrows. "I know! I know! Okay listen so I know I should've gone to you first and asked you about it, I didn't really believe it anyway b-but by the time you and I met up that day I was overthinking and I um I don't know baek like even if it wasn't true which I'm sure it wasn't, I just started having these thoughts in my head that maybe someone like Jongin or even other friends of ours can treat you Better, I uh, I don't know then i just got mad-" Baekhyun knew about Chanyeol's anger issues. "- I couldn't help it I swear, but I wasn't mad at you-" he grabbed his hand in his and was glad Baekhyun didn't push him away, they both loved the warm feeling. "I was mad at just myself mostly.. then I came back here and you were absolutely gorgeous I just couldn't take it, I couldn't take wasting someone as perfect as you with someone like me, you didn't have to deal with my anger o-or stupid insecurities which made me even madder at myself, I didn't mean to snap at you like that, but I guess after I did I thought that maybe you realized that I really am no good for you, I- I gave up on convincing myself that it's going to be fine when I'm so ed up-" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How can you say that!?" Baekhyun jumped on Chanyeol and engulfed him in a tight hug. "How can you say all of that?" He whispered voice cracking as he buried his face into the others neck. "You are never a burden to me, you never were. Your anger issues never effected me because I knew you'd never truly hurt me-" he pulled away still straddling him and looked him in the eye, glossy eyes met. "I love you too chanyeol okay? You don't have to be insecure because you're the only I've ever looked at, hell! I even let you take my ity! You ever thought that if I thought Jongin or youjin was better I would've been with them instead of you? Didn't you see how happy I was when you asked me out 2 years ago?" He put his face on his palms, "Chanyeol when you have a problem like this you talk to me about it, when you overthink this stuff just talk to me! That's what you told me to do and that's what I did! It's only fair if you do it too!" He said sighing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're right.... I'm sorry baekhyunnie, f-for everything, I never wanted to hurt you I- I uh-" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You don't need to explain you've already said enough. I'm just glad you decided to come back" he hugged him again squeezing the living hell out of him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm glad too," he smiled finally hugging the small male, "I'm so happy you're mine again" Baekhyun pulled away with a pout. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm not your boyfriend yet!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wh-what?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusing worriedly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You haven't asked me yet!!" He whined pouting, Chanyeol sighed in relief and chuckled at his cuteness. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright, doll will you be my boyfriend?" He asked smiling meeting the crescent eyes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Of course!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey Chanyeollie" Baekhyun whispered tracing random patterns on Chanyeol's chest. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were both cuddling on Baekhyuns bed after that whole dramatic scene. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes princess?" Baekhyun blushed, God he hated that Chanyeol had this effect on him, he hit his chest slightly shyly making the taller chuckle. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wh-what about sooyoung though? Um I mean you guys were actually going out" he said, frown obvious in his voice, Chanyeol sighs and combs through the soft locks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baby in all honesty.." he sighed sitting up and pulling Baekhyun with him, hugging him tight still, Baekhyun pouted. "I thought I liked her but in the back of mind I knew it was just an excuse to see you around other than the school hallway" he chuckled , Baekhyun hit his chest again with his small fist. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're a stalker I swear" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Only cause I love you" he grinned 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm never good with endings they're always so anticlimactic I'm sorry :/ and I'm sorry for any mistakes but I have exams like I said sigh