his abrupt disappearances

Absquatulate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  

  The thought of Kim Namjoon and her being together didn't ran in Jennie's mind.

  Jennie didn't like men like Kim Namjoon. He is exactly what his father despises: certified rule breaker and free-spirited. His father didn't like imperfections, neither did she. Doesn't everyone dislike them?

  But when she met Kim Namjoon, she found that imperfections, as queer as it sounds, doesn't really seem that bad.

 

  Jennie didn't know how it happened but they interacted more than they should. 

  "Hey Jennie," Namjoon said. "Don't you think this smells nice?" He showed her a rose, one as red as blood. 

  Jennie leaned in a bit and smelled it. It smelled nice; it smelled even nicer than her branded perfume. "Hm," Jennie hums as she closes her eyes. Upon hearing Namjoon chuckling, she opened her eyes and fixed her position. Sheepishly laughing, she said, "Well, sorry about that. Got a little fascinated there," she chuckled. Namjoon smiled and looked at the red rose.

  "I'm actually going to give this to a girl," Namjoon confessed.

  "Oh," Jennie said in disappointment, looking down at her sneakers. "That's nice. Who's the lucky girl?" She asked, trying to cover her disappointment.

  "I can't tell you," Namjoon said. A small frown creased on Jennie's forehead. 

  "Is she someone I know?" Jennie didn't have much friends, but she's accustomed to a lot of people.

  "Yeah," Namjoon confirmed. "She is. In fact, you're pretty close with her." Namjoon added, smiling softly.

  "You like Roséanne?!" Jennie exclaimed in surprise. Namjoon laughed at her exclamation.

  "Nope," Namjoon said, making Jennie feel relief. "She's taken for heaven's sake, Jennie. Besides, she's Jimin's girlfriend." Right, Jennie thought. She forgot that one little detail that Namjoon and Jimin are friends. 

  "Then who is it?" Jennie's curiosity is killing her right now. She didn't know why but she's a bit curious of the identity of the mystery girl that managed to capture Namjoon's attention.

  "She's a special girl," Namjoon said, abruptly standing up. The rose in his hand fell on the floor.

  "What the-" before Jennie can finish off her sentence, Namjoon suddenly bolten into a run- running away from her.

  Namjoon always abrupty leaves. Jennie picks up the rose from the floor and intaked its scent; it smelled good. For some reason Jennie can not pin-point, he abruptly leaves her hanging.

 

 

  There are nights where we'll turn up in bed and not sleep at all. There was that night to Jennie. She cannot sleep at thatparticular night. She finds herself looking at the rolex that she can't manage to take off. Not becuse she can't because she won't. 

  With a final turn, Jennie sits up straight in bed. She cannot sleep at all!

  Usually, in a night like this, she'll go to her brother and tell him to entertain her. Unfortunately for her, Jin is quite busy with his new job. Jennie certainly can't disturb him. 

  With a slump, she fell to bed again.

 

  A thought suddenly came to her mind that made her sit up again. She stood up and wore her bunny slippers, approaching the balcony of her room. Once outside, she saw the beauty of the night dazzling above her. With a smile, she looked at the front of her balcony. The man she was looking for was there, reading an English newspaper.

  "Namjoon!" Jennie calls a bit too loudly, her voice echoing in the void of the night.

  Namjoon looked up from his newspaper and smiled when he saw who the intruder was. Standing up, he walked to the ledge of his balcony to get a closer look. "Jennie," he breathes out. "It's a pleasure to see you."

  Jennie giggles as she continue to stare at him. "What are you doing?" She asked though she already know.

  "Reading," answered Namjoon in a matter-of-fact voice. "What about you? What are you doing at this hour? I thought Daddy's Princess ought to be sleeping right now," said he.

  Jennie felt a bit offended at his words. Before she can remark him about it, however, Namjoon opted for a different topic. "Check this out," Namjoon said, throwing the English-written newspaper to Jennie. Jennie caught it and skimmed through the page.

  "Idol actor Jung Hoseok is currently staying at Star-Five's Hotel?" Jennie read aloud, looking at Namjoon in confusion. Jennie had clearly told Namjoon that she hates this certain actor to the point that she doesn't want to hear anything about him. It surprises and confuses her why Namjoon made her read something she despises.

  "You can't sleep, right?" asked Namjoon, smiling. She was unsure of her answer but she nodded anyway.

  She is, in fact, having trouble in sleeping. She didn't know what to make out of Namjoon's guess however. It scares her how a guy could read her in one glance. Even Rosé can't guess something like that.

  "I'm going on a little adventure," Namjoon explains, looking her in the eye. Suddenly, the distance between them in the balcony didn't seem to be much far than she thought. He looked so close- he seems so close to her that touching him won't be that impossible. "I want you to come with me." That statement made her retract the hand she was raising.

  An adventure? With Kim Namjoon? That fazes Jennie a lot. If there was one thing notable about Kim Namjoon, it's the fact that he's a rule breaker. Her father's words started to ring in her head like the song she can't stop replaying from her phone. "Kim Namjoon is a problematic teenager who can't even control his hormones. This neighborhood would be preaceful if he doesn't reside here- how ironic that he lives next door to us," her father would always rant about Namjoon's house blasting music every early mornings. "It's a good thing that our Jennie didn't turn out like him," Jin would usually just nod to make him feel satisfied of his rants.

  Her fath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter